Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thorr

Default thorr

it isn't exactly an "I hate thorr" thread but I'd rather not spam the ranking thread with it
    Anyways:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    1) It's not disrespect to keep a post updated.
    2) Why would anyone know that Clock is in the hospital? I assume you are saying that Jordan = Clockwork. Given that most of the patronage of HiddenStreet would never know that, including me, it's presumptuous of you to say anything about it. (Hell, anyone who did not know this would still not know this from reading the About Jordan thread. It looks simply like a board member [Clock] reporting about another board member [Jordan] who I personally don't know. None of the replies to the thread say 'get well Clockwork', they all say Jordan. There is no indication whatsoever.)

It might not be "disrespectful" but it sure is a hell of a lot more respectful to wait until Jordan has returned and wants to begin updating the tread again.

His number 2 is what pissed me off. "Most of the patronage". Are you kidding me? HS isn't your precious southperry, we don't WANT to be a big board and with that, we've created a tight knit dysfunctional family. The majority of the forumers knew Jo was injured in a car crash and obviously couldn't be on the site. The thread telling us what happened was pretty clear it was about "clockwork" and that the person posting wasn't part of the forum. Only an idiot could assume otherwise. All you had to do was say "Sorry, didn't realize jordan was clockwork" and get off your ****ing high horse and apologize. You are 100% WRONG in thinking you could post in such a manner when she's obviously not in a physical or mental state to take time to even check the forum. If you don't change the way you act in regards to this, you should honestly just leave the forum. The amount of disrespect displayed in this single post is enough to make me turn from complete "idgaf" about you to a strong dislike towards yourself. For someone who is a father (?) you sure as hell don't act like one. The only Father I know who acts like you do, is one of my friends who's driven his son into an intense depression and his wife is only with him because of the kids. Rambling aside, you need to start acting like you want to be with our community or just leave the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    it isn't exactly an "I hate thorr" thread but I'd rather not spam the ranking thread with it
    Anyways:

It might not be "disrespectful" but it sure is a hell of a lot more respectful to wait until Jordan has returned and wants to begin updating the tread again.

His number 2 is what pissed me off. "Most of the patronage". Are you kidding me? HS isn't your precious southperry, we don't WANT to be a big board and with that, we've created a tight knit dysfunctional family. The majority of the forumers knew Jo was injured in a car crash and obviously couldn't be on the site. The thread telling us what happened was pretty clear it was about "clockwork" and that the person posting wasn't part of the forum. Only an idiot could assume otherwise. All you had to do was say "Sorry, didn't realize jordan was clockwork" and get off your ****ing high horse and apologize. You are 100% WRONG in thinking you could post in such a manner when she's obviously not in a physical or mental state to take time to even check the forum. If you don't change the way you act in regards to this, you should honestly just leave the forum. The amount of disrespect displayed in this single post is enough to make me turn from complete "idgaf" about you to a strong dislike towards yourself. For someone who is a father (?) you sure as hell don't act like one. The only Father I know who acts like you do, is one of my friends who's driven his son into an intense depression and his wife is only with him because of the kids. Rambling aside, you need to start acting like you want to be with our community or just leave the community.
    Look, hate all you want. I didn't do anything wrong by posting my leveling progress in a thread created just for such a purpose. Jordan's accident may be big deal to you because she is your friend. I am sorry she was hurt, but it still is in no way disrespectful to continue life as normal.

I read the About Jordan thread when it was posted. It still reads that clockwork is a friend of Jordan and that clocky wanted everyone to know what was going on. Upon reading it, I decided that I did not know this Jordan person and left it at that. I don't have any reason to apologize for analyzing a message for its content and then dismissing it since it appeared not to apply to me. I was mistaken that I did not know the person in question, but that's really all there is to it.

You seem to forget that there are nearly 10 times more guests on the forum at any moment than there are members. My statement holds. (Currently there are 9 members and 103 guests on, which is quite normal. How many of those guests would know who Jordan is?)

I'll apologize for seeming to be insensitive, but it was completely unintentional. I am sorry you are all having a rough time with this and I wish the best for Jordan.

Random guests=/= HS members
    Nevertheless, the original post shouldn't be a thing where you try to justify your actions, all you had to do was say "Sorry, didn't realize that clockwork was Jordan" or something along those lines.
    As with updating, in a work environment, if something like this happens you don't pile up the "to do" list. You ease into it when they return. That's where the disrespect came in.

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    As with updating, in a work environment, if something like this happens you don't pile up the "to do" list. You ease into it when they return. That's where the disrespect came in.
    It's funny you should say this because I was going to edit in something similar. I don't agree with this at all. Nothing stops my clients, coworkers, and mangers from filling my inbox with all the stuff I was supposed to be doing while I am out sick or on vacation. They are not being disrespectful to me, they are just going about their normal business. Sure, I get pissed off when they ream me for missing a deadline due to an illness. I get mad and want them have a bit compassion. It's wasted anger, though, because that will never happen. Welcome to the real world, Thorr. Wait 'til you lose a job for being sick. You'll feel a whole new level of anger. (I lost a job once for having appendicitis. Yeah, real nice. It wasn't that I didn't show up for 3 weeks, either. It was the DAY I got it. I was on my way into the hospital for emergency surgery and they fired me for it.)

Regardless, if I did know that clocky = Jordan in the first place, I would have most likely not posted until she came back.

Sounds like this whole thing is a misunderstanding. Thorr didn't know that Clockwork is the "Jordan" from the "About Jordan" thread. Especially since it was the Clockwork account name that posted the thread and no on in the thread (according to Thorr) clarified that Clockwork is Jordan.

I can also relate with Thorr on why he didn't just say, "Sorry, didn't realize jordan was clockwork" and tried justifying what he did. It's that Lex (Phazonkirby) made it sound like Thorr was aware of Clockwork's hospitalization and was being disrespectful on purpose, especially with the inclusion of the ">=/ " face.
    Last edited by rasudoken; 24th March 2012 at 04:56 AM.
    by Cryopon

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Sounds like this whole thing is a misunderstanding. Thorr didn't know that Clockwork is the "Jordan" from the "About Jordan" thread. Especially since it was the Clockwork account name that posted the thread and no on in the thread (according to Thorr) clarified that Clockwork is Jordan.

I can also relate with Thorr on why he didn't just say, "Sorry, didn't realize jordan was clockwork" and tried justifying what he did. It's that Lex (Phazonkirby) made it sound like Thorr was aware of Clockwork's hospitalization and was being disrespectful on purpose, especially with the inclusion of the ">=/ " face.
    This is exactly what happened from my point of view.

I should really read through other threads huh? I forgot to add about the whole issue of derailing through arguing (Well not arguing but still) on the ranking thread, but what I've said there can be carried over here I guess.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

He didn't actually read the thread Jo's friend made for her.

We probably shouldn't assume that everyone knows eachother by name since this forum has usernames for a reason. Other than that I find the work environment comparison with a game forum ranking amusing. Clockwork better hurry or she may be out of the job.

With that being said, Clockwork got in a car accident? Hope she gets well soon.
    I never fail to find myself out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    It's funny you should say this because I was going to edit in something similar. I don't agree with this at all. Nothing stops my clients, coworkers, and mangers from filling my inbox with all the stuff I was supposed to be doing while I am out sick or on vacation. They are not being disrespectful to me, they are just going about their normal business. Sure, I get pissed off when they ream me for missing a deadline due to an illness. I get mad and want them have a bit compassion. It's wasted anger, though, because that will never happen. Welcome to the real world, Thorr. Wait 'til you lose a job for being sick. You'll feel a whole new level of anger. (I lost a job once for having appendicitis. Yeah, real nice. It wasn't that I didn't show up for 3 weeks, either. It was the DAY I got it. I was on my way into the hospital for emergency surgery and they fired me for it.)

Regardless, if I did know that clocky = Jordan in the first place, I would have most likely not posted until she came back.

different work situations then. Nevertheless, editing the post where you tried to justify with something along the lines of "Didn't realize.." would have easily fixed any level of disrespect, even if it wasn't meant, and would have been much easier than what ended up happening.