Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help- Recovering from hack. Need advises

Default Help- Recovering from hack. Need advises

Hello all, it's been too long since i've last played this game. The last time i played was about 2005, quite after i've got my mesos and gears hacked. Coming back is really over whelming especially without proper stuff to get back on my feet. Sent mail to admin but not getting any replies.

Here's more on how deep a pit i'm in. I'm a lv90 chief bandit, with 110 base dex. gears i'm wearing are what my mules kept, lv range 40-70. Weapon is a Kandine, without much acessories.

So here's the question: Can someone advise me the best way to get it back on to fighting condition?

You have too much base dex, I would just start over..

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'd also suggest restarting, but for a few more reasons.

1. The game has changed, a lot. To even begin to understand all of the changes, you really need to experience the main ones firsthand. Restarting will guide you through the new aspects of the game. Try out new classes, new builds, new training areas, etc.

2. I'm going to also say that 110 base dex is too much. Maple Weapons (lvl 80) are incredibly cheap, so there's no reason why capping will be difficult now.

3. New classes add buffs to your account. Knights of Cygnus add 1 att/matt for every 5 lvls. Canoneers can give +15 all stat to any selected character. Mercedes give +10% exp. Demon Slayers give +10% boss damage. Though you can't create some of the classes now, you can do a Knight of Cygnus for a wonderful passive buff. I'd highly recommend this for jumping back into the game. It also doesn't matter if you screw up a KoC since they'll never be "end game" in themselves (they can't break lvl 120). It's a great practice run with tangible rewards.

4. Getting to 90 again is incredibly easy. If you train on a regular basis, it would only take about a week of casual playing (assuming you also take time to explore). If you buckle down and grind, you could do it in 1-2 days, even unfunded.

Spoiler!

Generally when your account is breeched there is very little you can do, But given that you were probably hacked a very long time ago, you should be ok. To recover you should start a new character, this will help you get a feel for the game again, it will also let you experience the changes in the game more accurately, There are a number of great money making quests that you can do, but in general it is best to use the profit you make from training. (Yes training makes a profit in maple story now!)

woah! thanks guys for the prompt reply.

i couldn't help with the base dex. it was either wearing your own armor or wearing bathrobes at that period if i recall. nevertheless, i've been trying out wild hunter and leveling has really changed so much that it feels way easier!

is it possible to reset AP? i really like the bandit class, would hate to give it up >.<

AP resets are EXTREMELY costly, it would be best to remake the character, unless you decided to wait for an Event that gives them out, assuming they ever do again.

I'm curious though, what's the correct dexterity for a non-funded bandit to be?

You could easily go with 40 or so base dex without any funding
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

how do you wear equipment with that level of dex though? unless the requirements changed?

u get other equipment and accessories that give dex.

and there is an ap reset coming in the near future with some update. but restarting is probably best

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough