Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use a Controller on MapleStory

Icon6 How to use a Controller on MapleStory

Hey guys!

Today I am going to show you how to use a controller of your choice, such as an Xbox360 controller, or a PS3 controller on MapleStory.

You are only going to need 2-3 things:

1. A controller of your choice. Wired/Wireless doesn't matter.

2. A program called Xpadder. Xpadder is a program that allows you to use your controller on computer games such as MapleStory.

3. A program to connect your controller to your computer if you are choosing to use a wireless controller. Just Google a program that can do so.
    (If you are using a wired skip this step)

Step 1: Connect your controller of choice to your computer and get your computer to recognize it by downloading the drivers or whatever.

Step 2: Download Xpadder. Xpadder costs $10, you can get it from xpadder.com. Or if you do not want to pay the $10 there is "another" verison.

*links removed*

Step 3: Setup Xpadder. It is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have troubles you can either pm me, or go to xpadder.com and visit there help section.

Step 4: Hop on MapleStory and see if it works!

You obviously wont be able to put all of your skills and buttons on your controller, simply because there is not enough buttons on the controller. But its really nice if you are training. For example I use it all the time when I am training at LHC. I use an Xbox 360 controller and will put my jump key on A, then put my buffs on B, X, and Y. Then have my attacking skills on the triggers and bumpers. You can also put other buttons on your Right Stick for example. Even though I usually don't use mine.

Like I said if you have any troubles at all feel free to pm me, or add me on Skype.

Happy Mapling. :D
    Last edited by DDrgn; 4th April 2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Don't post links to "cracked" versions please, thanks.

Or you could just save time and money by using the joypad settings on MapleStory.
    viva la nagato yuki

Quote Originally Posted by Mesniac View Post
    Or you could just save time and money by using the joypad settings on MapleStory.
    Certain controllers do not work with the joypad settings on MapleStory. o_o
    Such as an Xbox 360 Controller, or a PS3 Controller.

It would have been fine it you didn't put a link up to a cracked version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    It would have been fine it you didn't put a link up to a cracked version of it.
    What is so bad about that? o.o If you want to pay the $10 go right ahead I am not stopping you. I just posted the crack for the people who do not want to pay for it. It has a virus scan and everything so why are you hating on my post? I am just trying to help people out... -__-

Just buy the logitech controller, at one time it even was sponsored by maple and you got a gamepad chair for buying it.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

I'm not hating on the post at all.

http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...rms-of-Service
    You should read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    Just buy the logitech controller, at one time it even was sponsored by maple and you got a gamepad chair for buying it.
    Yeah I did hear about that. I probably would too if you still got the chair, but its w/e this works perfectly fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    Touche.

Pay $15 more and you get a whole new controller which comes with its own software.
    I use it and it works very well.
    viva la nagato yuki

Quote Originally Posted by Mesniac View Post
    Touche.

Pay $15 more and you get a whole new controller which comes with its own software.
    I use it and it works very well.
    why do you never post anymore

>post irrelevant to thread
    >fixing

while the OP is informative, i would recommend you remove the links to the illegal program. if someone wanted it, you could drop a mention that one exists, rather than to link directly to it.

think: "if you don't want to pay 10$, you can find a less legitimate version of the program online" or something along those lines.
    Last edited by emailbox; 4th April 2012 at 08:17 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200