Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bulmabriefs144 v.9001

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    excluding his personal issues that I find annoying, almost all of his posts redeem a quality that should give him an infraction, generally for off topic/spam/necro. That alone is why he should have been banned a long time ago.
    doesn't matter if you think he should be banned or not,

just block him and save yourself some grief.

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    doesn't matter if you think he should be banned or not,

just block him and save yourself some grief.
    Blocking saves nothing that scrolling over won't save. Of course everyone could ignore the posts. I scroll over them and pretend they don't exist. It doesn't mean everyone does the same. Ignoring them doesn't ignore the fact that his posts are usually off topic, spam, and maybe even necro.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Took a look at the FAQ today.

Trolling - Messages intended solely to annoy and/or offend other users by going against the clear nature of a board or topic is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: provoking other users to respond with flames, making misleading topic titles, asking obviously useless questions, and posting false information as fact.

Based on this I had to give bulma a warning today, but that's already probably way too lenient. If nothing changes from this point forward, then I will have to hand out a ban.
    Last edited by DDrgn; 22nd April 2012 at 08:05 AM.

As easy as it is to leave, curiosity is pretty hard to get rid of.

My opinion is the forum did itself in, every member-turned-mod that had backbone was run out due to people crying about "power abuse". People just didn't like the rules when it applied to them, so the lenient mods let regular members do idiotic ****, which was quite frequent. When members like bulma come around we all expected the rules to apply to them but mods who basically let regulars go around ****ting over every topic shouldn't be expected to have double standards, they're consistent. I'm not only referring to Jon, by the way.

So it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    Last edited by PhoenixRider; 22nd April 2012 at 08:14 AM.

His posts are too long, I don't read him. I honestly am not mad at him for any other reason than that. So there might be juicy things in his thesis of religion or something.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Oh yea. It's juicy. God is a hawt babe, afterlife is however you feel like (happy ppl go to Heaven, downer people like me go down below, regardless of deeds), and planting trees is part of worship.

Rules and power.

Mods often abuse their power, this is a fact of life. So, asking mods to ban people, isn't this just simple grasping on to power? "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" is a lie, it's absolute desire for power that corrupts (which happens before you even get this rank). Once you start wanting authority, forever will it dominate your life. Once you have power, gone will be the traits that made you a desirable leader in the first place. Every promotion in my life, I've turned down.

If you ban me for something I actually deserve (flamebait/flaming/trolling), that's fine. If you ban me because "nothing changes" that's cheap. Nothing ever changes with me. I am who I am, not because of "rules", not because of who people want me to be, but because this is who I am. That is, I should be required to actually say something on the par of what I said the other day to tick off omar. If not, then there's no reason I or anyone I like here should even bother staying. If it's about rules, and not about making good judgement calls as one would on a genuine discussion, then this forum has ceased to be about hanging out/having fun with people, and has become a matter of abiding social controls. I don't do peer pressure, I don't care if I'm shunned (not much), and I really can't abide people who pull rank to try to pressure people. So yea, if you wanna ban me for "not changing" and being who I am, you should do it. Right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."
    Wiki points out that the issue with a troll is that they attmept to harass and provoke a response. That is, the troll is effectively a flamebaiter. Simply off-topic posts alone (or any of the other stuff you mentioned), is not enough to constitute trolling. This whole "I may have to ban (based on nitpicky definition) if nothing changes" thing definitely provoked a response. Does that make you a troll? No, and I don't care.

Then again it depends what isn't changing and the way that many people interpret the way you act. Usually they are not kind interpretations.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Oh yea. It's juicy. God is a hawt babe, afterlife is however you feel like (happy ppl go to Heaven, downer people like me go down below, regardless of deeds), and planting trees is part of worship.

Rules and power.

Mods often abuse their power, this is a fact of life. So, asking mods to ban people, isn't this just simple grasping on to power? "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" is a lie, it's absolute desire for power that corrupts (which happens before you even get this rank). Once you start wanting authority, forever will it dominate your life. Once you have power, gone will be the traits that made you a desirable leader in the first place. Every promotion in my life, I've turned down.

If you ban me for something I actually deserve (flamebait/flaming/trolling), that's fine. If you ban me because "nothing changes" that's cheap. Nothing ever changes with me. I am who I am, not because of "rules", not because of who people want me to be, but because this is who I am. That is, I should be required to actually say something on the par of what I said the other day to tick off omar. If not, then there's no reason I or anyone I like here should even bother staying. If it's about rules, and not about making good judgement calls as one would on a genuine discussion, then this forum has ceased to be about hanging out/having fun with people, and has become a matter of abiding social controls. I don't do peer pressure, I don't care if I'm shunned (not much), and I really can't abide people who pull rank to try to pressure people. So yea, if you wanna ban me for "not changing" and being who I am, you should do it. Right now.

Wiki points out that the issue with a troll is that they attmept to harass and provoke a response. That is, the troll is effectively a flamebaiter. Simply off-topic posts alone (or any of the other stuff you mentioned), is not enough to constitute trolling. This whole "I may have to ban (based on nitpicky definition) if nothing changes" thing definitely provoked a response. Does that make you a troll? No, and I don't care.
    We're a community, and apparently, you don't fit in here. One prime example was the beginning of your post.
    "Oh yea. It's juicy. God is a hawt babe, afterlife is however you feel like (happy ppl go to Heaven, downer people like me go down below, regardless of deeds), and planting trees is part of worship."

There are atheists that visit this forum. The last thing they want to see is you "babbling on" about god. To them, it means nothing. To me, I'd rather not read it altogether. A LOT of your posts (if not all) contain something tied to religion.
    A good discussion on religion is fine, but here, that doesn't happen. Especially when you're involved. You quickly take things too far, and take things WAY too personally.
    You can't grasp that you need to split reality from the internet. These two have NOTHING to do with each other. Otherwise, you will let people get to you too easily.
    I learned this the hardest way you can. What did I do? Threw a fit, constant swearing, acting like a douche, etc. But look at me now. I don't "give a ****", so to speak. Because this is the internet, and there is NO point.
    It's not that we "want you to change" as much as "We don't want to deal with you if you keep this up."
    You don't let things go, you let people get to you, and nobody wants to deal with it anymore. A good example...You're acting like an eleven-year old on the internet.
    Bringing in Wikiepedia doesn't make your posts true, or any more accurate. And talking about "Power corruption" isn't helping at all, either. None of the mods or admins have done ANYTHING to you. A warning? Psh, I got a warning for acting dumb.
    What did I do? Complain like **** because of it. DO I feel like an idiot for doing so now? Of course.
    Now you're the one provoking the mods and admins to ban you. Which, in a sense, is a reason to ban you, correct?
    I've actually added you to my ignore list .You've been on it since before Christmas. But now, you're posting everywhere, and a lot of people are quoting it, so it's hard to avoid reading it. I CAN skip over it, but when half of a thread becomes quotes of your long-as-**** posts, AND on 40ppp, it's REALLY annoying.

I'm not going to say "Get the **** off" like I used to either, because right now, I don't even give a ****.

:|
    Last edited by Wyatt; 25th April 2012 at 05:59 AM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Rather or not you're aware of the "trolling" after repeated warnings makes no difference. With the exception of the Omar thing, you've never really seemed to want to stir up trouble, so I've pretty much just stuck to deleting the off-topic parts of your posts.

However, you do tend to overplay anything thrown at you, so if you continue playing up the "troll" persona, I'll be right on level with DDrgn.

Spoiler!

And yet not a single **** was given on this day. This means everyone.
    I'm Retired.