Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bulmabriefs144 v.9001

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Rather or not you're aware of the "trolling" after repeated warnings makes no difference. With the exception of the Omar thing, you've never really seemed to want to stir up trouble, so I've pretty much just stuck to deleting the off-topic parts of your posts.

However, you do tend to overplay anything thrown at you, so if you continue playing up the "troll" persona, I'll be right on level with DDrgn.
    In general I don't mind DDrgn. This whole thing just pisses me off because heard kaglover's like 60/100 from warnings needed to get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt
    We're a community, and apparently, you don't fit in here. One prime example was the beginning of your post.
    "Oh yea. It's juicy. God is a hawt babe, afterlife is however you feel like (happy ppl go to Heaven, downer people like me go down below, regardless of deeds), and planting trees is part of worship.
    Ummm, did you even read the last post?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz
    His posts are too long, I don't read him. I honestly am not mad at him for any other reason than that. So there might be juicy things in his thesis of religion or something.
    Okay, look you. When you don't vote for an politician, what do they tell you? "It's your own fault for not voting," and ignore you. Atheists on the other hand, demand special consideration. I wouldn't tell you "It's your own fault for not believing" that's crass. But neither am I going to bend over backwards to extend special courtesy because there might be atheists, Muslims, or any other group, should they not do the same for me. Someone supposedly asked me about the juiciness of my religious thesis, but in concise terms. So I answered in concise terms.

2/3 of my posts might have religious content, but it's because I'm a priest's son. It's where I come from. I talk and I talk about where I come from. But it seems as in order to fit in, you guys have forgotten your pasts, and I never hear where you come from, or why you believe as you do. I can't forget my past, because it's seriously all I have. My future is extremely depressing, and my present is only good by virtue of serious effort from me. I can pretend everything is going fine and I tell people that, but that is just the same as my offline world. I came here to escape such falsehood, and find some friends to accept me for me, weird religious posts and all. You can't meet me even halfway (as Tesi and others managed), then I won't do so either.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 25th April 2012 at 11:39 AM.

Its not like banned members don't come back every 6 months guys.

I mean, do what you want guys, you probably know more about this sort of thing than I do. I was never one for hilarious double standards.

I am gonna be really sad if you ban bulma and not people like kag as well And if you guys are gonna crack down on forum rules, power to you but actually do it more than just one instance then.

So, Bulma trolled Omar, correct?

Hasn't Omar called Kaglover A Mainland Pig several times? Isn't that trolling?

Didn't Emailbox say america has no culture? I though racism was a pretty extreme offense, its not like someone calling them ignorant, which is literally true sometimes, stuff like that is blatantly offensive to a large group of people.

I am not going to dispute what bulma did there was wrong but, you guys have a LOT of cleaning up to do and law to lay down.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

This is straying a bit from the original topic, but it still holds true to some important issues here. Since the thread has evolved into this, it's best to just say it here publicly instead of trying to PM everyone who might be involved.

Right before this thread was even started, I gave people involved with the "flame drama" warnings, and told them that if it exploded again, there would be bans on all sides.
    Like I also said earlier...
    There's a difference between naturally maneuvering through topics and yanking something right off the rails. Bulma does too much yanking (no pun intended) and too little natural interaction. While I've rarely agreed with her posts, she seemed to at least keep things somewhat on-topic. Over the past year, she's seemed to ignore others in the convo and chosen to post her own topics, regardless of the original purpose of the thread. That said, the constant flames against specific members are just as bad when they aren't in appropriate empty house threads.

The whole thing is getting quite tiring, and I understand why some members would be hesitant to respond to any of the "controversial" members. It's gotten to the point that too many people are taking everything as personal attacks, so even simply correcting information turns into a flame war.

I'm going to defend bulma here, because even though most members will throw personal attacks at her, she rarely responds with attacks back. Think hard about this. If Bulma has the willpower to ignore flames, it's really not that hard. Still, if she starts buying into the "troll" personal (which I hope she doesn't), there's not much else to do. If Bulma or anyone else says something dumb, just refute it, don't attack. The last thing I want is for people to be worried about pointing out incorrect information or giving counter-points, but the insults have to stop. If this isn't clear enough, here's an example:

Spoiler!

Is this really so hard to understand, guys?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

That's all fine and dandy. I understand what you mean by "Don't attack members just because you don't like them" like Falkner(?) used to do to me.
    However. "I'm pretty sure the Capital of the United States is really Williamsburg."
    That's my problem.

"I'm pretty sure" and "really" mean that s/he is in total belief of what they say, and insist that they are correct. They will ignore what others say, and not believe them.
    This is exactly what bulma does, and it gets old really fast. :|

If Bulma could be like "Oh, okay. I was wrong, sorry."
    then things would be a lot better around here. But right now, s/he insists his/her "view" or "opinion" is fact. When it may not be.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    That's all fine and dandy. I understand what you mean by "Don't attack members just because you don't like them" like Falkner(?) used to do to me.
    However. "I'm pretty sure the Capital of the United States is really Williamsburg."
    That's my problem.

"I'm pretty sure" and "really" mean that s/he is in total belief of what they say, and insist that they are correct. They will ignore what others say, and not believe them.

If Bulma could be like "Oh, okay. I was wrong, sorry."
    then things would be a lot better around here. But right now, s/he insists his/her "view" or "opinion" is fact. When it may not be.
    That's annoying but not necessarily against the rules, assuming they're staying on-topic and not attempting to attract flames. If anyone who was ever stubbornly incorrect was banned, we'd have no one left.

Spoiler!

I'm going to defend bulma here, because even though most members will throw personal attacks at her, she rarely responds with attacks back. Think hard about this. If Bulma has the willpower to ignore flames, it's really not that hard. Still, if she starts buying into the "troll" personal (which I hope she doesn't), there's not much else to do. If Bulma or anyone else says something dumb, just refute it, don't attack. The last thing I want is for people to be worried about pointing out incorrect information or giving counter-points, but the insults have to stop. If this isn't clear enough, here's an example:

Spoiler!

It's less a matter of this and more a matter of finally getting like "**** it I don't care anymore, you wanna flamewar, you got it." I tend not to adopt personas for the very same reason I'm so unwilling to change for people. Though I am getting to the "last nerve" point after literally years of this.

There are certain things that are irrefutable (like the capitol of the US, although history will tell you that at least one point I think it was actually elsewhere), because they are common knowledge. In matters of religion or philosophy (which are my big favorite subjects), there are lovely grey areas. Hence, also why most of the debates are about philosophy and religion.

Wyatt, half the things I've been told in school I found to be wrong (propaganda is big in the school systems) or at least not so right that people can say to me "you idiot there's no way that's right." Therefore, I'm at rights to believe it fully.

"You should trust doctors because they have years of training and experience, and you could never know as much." Yes, they do. But their knowledge might out of date, or they might have inexperienced people just out of med school. I asked one some question straight out of our Bio1 textbook, and they didn't give a normal answer (you should know Bio first, not what people want to hear). In another case, I had some nervous itch because of an interview, didn't eat, and scratched myself until purple. The doctors didn't know what to make of my odd disorder gave me gibberish and let me sit half naked in a room while they looked up disorders in the other room, and then released me. I will ignore what people say on that subject, because I've been nearly seven years without any vaccines, and excluding dentists and such, not doctors either. I feel fine 3/4, except for a bout with flu for roughly one week of the year. I get plenty of rest and fluids, use folk medicine like ginger, and I get over it. Conclusion? I don't trust medicine, unless it's a surgery or life threatening, or something I simply can't get done by general care of my health. Tick bite, nose job, sex change, any procedure, sure goto a doctor. Something where they're just gonna write presciptions? Get it over the counter, and don't waste money or time waiting around in a place where alot of people cough, sneeze, and puke and infectious disease lives wherever carpet cleaning squads aren't thorough.

It's not saying medicine is bad or useless. I say I don't trust it totally for reason X, Y, and Z. Then people say no, medicine is just fine, you haven't been using it right, or any number of things. You're arguing around personal experience with factual data, you're gonna run into this absolute certainty thing, as you're fighting an idea based on someone's past with stuff that's been written down from secondhand (unless you personally wrote the book, in which case I might just read it) research (two completely different sources of info). Having written BS papers myself and having studied historiography (the study of how history is written, it goes into how histories can actually be skewed by personal agendas, meaning even the story of the past in textbooks is suspect), I won't outright reject researched data, but I always look at the thing with suspicion unless I can prove for certain that it's true (if history is biased can you trust other written works either? They may have any number of axes to grind as a reason for their research).

http://www.umdnj.edu/idsweb/shared/biases.htm
    http://landshape.org/enm/biased-research-studies/
    http://www.livescience.com/8365-dark...omissions.html
    http://stattrek.com/survey-research/survey-bias.aspx

If you can't trust research and facts, what can you trust? You have to trust what you've found for yourself. If you can't trust that either, what can you trust? Well, you're probably screwed.

Research the research, then you'll be sure.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Yep, that is the way to be sure.

Find out where the research is coming from, what they're trying to push, etc. Then see if it has merit or not.

Spoiler!

Drake

oh man i was real excited that my name was mentioned but.... the context isn't as nice as i'd hoped it to be.

so...
    Spoiler!

Really? This thread is about 3 month old. Unless I do something really messed up, like kill kittens (which I'm considering next Saturday), let's give these threads a rest. My behavior isn't that shocking.