Thread: Fanfic: Eos Tower And The Five

Default Fanfic: Eos Tower And The Five

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8071502/...r_and_The_Five

"Heros is a young adventurer seeking to make a name for himself, but the latest quest he's accepted may just be more than he signed up for. He'll have to rely closely on four strangers-made-friends as he plans to uncover the secrets behind Eos Tower."

This fanfiction is a High Fantasy interpretation of the Maple world. When started, it was meant to be a short story, but as the writing progressed I realized that it was quickly becoming longer than I thought it was going to be. As such, the result is a 22k word novella that starts a little slow and quickly accelerates to top speed, not slowing down until the final climax. If it garners any sort of interest from readers, I will begin writing a direct sequel.

I'm very interested in /all/ feedback, whether you leave a review on that site or reply with a comment here on Hidden Street. Please don't hesitate to tell me what you liked, didn't like, would have done differently, really stood out to you, etc. Please keep everything constructive and nice, though. If you don't like it, please just say that and tell me why, don't have to be nasty. I promise you I appreciate and respect all of your opinions and plan on taking in all your criticism to grow as an author.

IMPORTANT:
    I really hope I don't receive too much heat from hardcore Maplestory fans, but among the many little changes I have made two very distinct creative changes from the game.

Ludibrium has been renamed to Temporis. The reasoning for this is that Ludibrium is Latin for "plaything," and I wanted the town to carry less of a light-hearted feel in my High Fantasy envisioning. Temporis is also Latin, and means "Time." This doesn't represent a substantial theme in this story, but would in the already-planned sequel if it gets written.

"Meso" is used in the story but in my own way. It now refers to one gold piece, which is in turn one hundred silver pieces, which is in turn one thousand copper pieces. This was an important creative decision for me because I wanted fans to recognize as many themes and cameos from the game as possible, and the name of the currency is well known; however it is not very practical for a High Fantasy character to be walking around with millions upon millions of coins in a bag. This distinction is important because there is a point in the story which refers to "one hundred mesos," implying that it is a great deal of money. Obviously, in the game, this is not true. In this fanfiction, however, one hundred mesos would be equivalent to one hundred thousand of the most basic currency, making it seem much more valuable.

Thank you all ahead of time for reading it, I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to any and all comments and criticisms.

Eos Tower And The Five, the story line is quite interesting..i really enjoyed reading it...thanks for uploading

Very interesting

That's cool. I'm looking forward to the sequel!