Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Online Protection

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Default Yahoo Online Protection

My parents need help with this issue. They've been hooked by Norton Internet Security that comes with Yahoo Online Protections. I'm not trying to get them off it.
    However, the dashboard of it stays the same. It's frozen at 'Scan Required' in both the Antivirus and Antispy section. When I click 'Scan Now', nothing happens. The little hour glass appears for a split-second, but nothing happens. The dashboard stays the same, and Norton doesn't do anything.
    How can I make Norton DO something so the little yellow triangle with an exclamation point will go away?
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Two words: Norton Sucks.
    Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between, helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Proud Master of the Hidden-Street Guild of Bera

List of Goals (Credits to NegiWarrior)
    1st Job l 2nd Job l 3rd Job l 4th Job | ZHelm l Level100 l CRog l Jr.Rog l Pap l Solo Pap l Zakum

RaisinBran, I expected that sort of post from someone like vlad. :O

Real help plz?
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

but norton does suck! doubt anyone here uses norton except for you, switch anti viruses!

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone at hidden-street View Post
    Two words: Norton Sucks.
    Really to begin with norton is actually horrible then you combine that with this problem you are having why not just uninstall and get AVG free or something. AVG free has always had my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    How can I make Norton DO something so the little yellow triangle with an exclamation point will go away?
    Make Norton uninstall itself and I guarantee you the yellow triangle with an exclamation point will go away.

Meaning... plant an infected file in the Norton folder? =P
    Uly's Lessons - Words of Wisdom.
    Spoiler!

Quote-worthy quotes. 'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrawingDays View Post
    Arent you guys excited? I mean, its going to be another day without Maplestory!
    - in response to Global v0.57 patch.

My parents need help with this issue. They've been hooked by Norton Internet Security that comes with Yahoo Online Protections. I'm not trying to get them off it.
    Geez guys... a guy can't help his old-people parents without everyone else doing the exact the opposite?

I repeat: I AM NOT TRYING TO GET MY PARENTS OFF NORTON. I AM TRYING TO HELP THEM WITH IT.

Any 'uninstall norton wtfff' post will be ignored.
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Geez guys... a guy can't help his old-people parents without everyone else doing the exact the opposite?

I repeat: I AM NOT TRYING TO GET MY PARENTS OFF NORTON. I AM TRYING TO HELP THEM WITH IT.

Any 'uninstall norton wtfff' post will be ignored.
    How can you ignore the only logical answer? D:
    Whats your phone #, I can talk to your parents for you

We aren't trying to get your parents off Norton. We are trying to get Norton off off of your parents. Norton is the plague, the devil I say! It can infect anyone, anywhere, anytime. Help your parents by expunging the deadly epidemic.

But seriously, if you come here asking for a Norton fix, not a Norton uninstall, you've come to the wrong place. I doubt anyone uses Norton here. And those that do probably could not help you.