Thread: BaM experts, please help

Default BaM experts, please help

Ok, so heres the story.
    I left maple for a long long time, and i cam back just recently to find that there were a bunch of new classes out such as Aran, Evan, Resistance, etc.
    So i decided to make a BaM as I have always enjoyed playing with mages.
    I currently have a 63 BaM in chaos, with pretty much no equipment(I mean like lv 10 staff and the clothes you begin with when you make your character) as all i have been doing is lvling and checking out the new maps.
    My AP points are currently at all INT and LUKless. Its come to my understanding that LUKless and DEXless mages/thiefs do not do that well these days in the long run?
    also, i have about 200 Mil on me right now, and will have about another 5~6 bil on me soon as my freind is quitting MS.
    So, here are my questions.

1. What should my base dex be?? ( I want to make a pretty strong BaM)
    2. What sort of end game weapon and defense items should i have? (should i just aim for the highest lvl defense items possible with the most amount of LUK?)
    3. With the 5-6 bil funding that i have, what kind of +LUK can i get from all my items (other than my weapon of course) and what items are they normally?
    4. Are BaMs good at PVP?

I really just need someone to tell me what my base LUK should be and what items i should be getting with my funding, and how much they are, so i dont put too much on my LUK and dont get ripped off when im buying equips..help would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

PS - kinda boring playing by myself. anyone wanna play with or something let me know :)

Thunder God

Keep your LUK at 4. If you want help equiping stuff, you can put it to 19 (since you would have these points leftover after maxing your INT...). Other than that, go with all the standard lukless stuff and you should be able to manage to wear the best gear. My BaM has 19 base Luk and he wears Dragon Tail armor and uses an Estaff7. It doesn't get any getter than that. You will need to get your luk from your accessories. You will need a HTP/CHTP, Evo RIngs I II and III, a shoulderpad that gives good stats, a good belt like the VL belt, glasses from Kenta PQ, etc. My bishop is LUKless (4 base) and wears dragon tail armor too. It can be done.

how much money would i be looking to spend to get all the equips?

I'm also interested in the BaM class, and this topic helped me out to think about the LUK cap, but If Daniel11 give me permission, I want to ask about the SP build.
    I didn't found one for post-union in SouthPerry, but found a one in basil. I want to share it here:
    http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...Guide-428.html
    I know basil isn't the best source, but this SP build is alright?.
    That is all.

Bye.

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel11 View Post
    how much money would i be looking to spend to get all the equips?
    Varies by server.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Nic View Post
    I'm also interested in the BaM class, and this topic helped me out to think about the LUK cap, but If Daniel11 give me permission, I want to ask about the SP build.
    There is no real need for a skill build for BaMs. You max everything in the first 2 jobs. Max everything but Reaper in 3rd (no matter what people will say, reaper really is useless). You can max just about everything in 4th job, just go with ADA as your first priority and finishing blow as your second. Pretty simple. The posted skill build is as good as any.