Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: v.112 - Update Highlights: An Exotic Adventure Awaits

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    How would PQs get harder, it would be much easier if the group worked together
    Re-Adjusting mob HP based on the number of participants would be a start, perhaps requiring group co-ordination puzzles like GPQ did.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I'd personally like to see two things happen.

1. More average MP regen (10 mp/4 sec is fine, 3-4 is a joke, but personally I'd like it to be as much as 1% total mp). The mage dying not because damage is over MG, or because MG forgot to be put on, or some other issue is fine. Dying because "Oh crap I ran out of pots" is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

2. I'd like to see puzzle bosses. Ones that involve a strategy to beat (Zakum is sort of this way, having to take out arms so they can't renew the others, but still kinda not what I mean). Pretty much all the bosses are tanks, and either heavy hitters or hp sponges. Stuff like hit the weak point, break the armor with X technique, back-attack him, knock it out of the air. I mean I used a strategy to win the 120 job bosses (since they kept stun killing me and reducing me to 1/1) but it was more a matter of my priest being not really a heavy hitter and having to use a lot of tricks to manage the solo battles.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 26th June 2012 at 03:31 AM.

That's why people should always be prepared of being put in a corner though. Magic Guard is pretty sweet as it allows mages to survive potentially lethal hits and still walk around happily. If you keep your MP high enough you'd only need to watch your HP. As well as this, Magic Guard sould become undispellable soon (I believe it becomes toggle too, but I really don't know for certain about that one).

About point two, I'm afraid Maplestory isn't that sort of game that would allow for such a varied display of actions. Because of the linear gameplay and game style, there's not much to work with. Potentially Maplestory can be so much more, but not quite that much more.
    (This is starting to turn into the "Things you'd like to see/change in/about Maplestory" thread...)
    Spoiler!

My art blog

It's about time they made it undispellable.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

With the addition of any new "challenging" boss comes a temporarily necessary strategy. When Zak was released, people had to follow that outlined strategy if they wanted to succeed. Now most strong players can solo him in less than 10 minutes without bothering to care about their strategy.

The same thing went for Horntail. What once required serious coordination and planning is now pretty dull, and as more damage increases are released, I wouldn't be surprised to see Horntail taken down with ease even by "average" players.

Now, strong potion-cooldown bosses and bosses that spawn strong mobs give legit maplers a challenge that requires more than just spamming attack in the general direction of the monster.

However, like Lex said, there probably won't be true puzzle-bosses. Instead, they could require different methods of reaching the boss (for example, the JQ before toad) that act as "puzzles" to make it more like other rpg boss-running.

Also, every class dies because of "oh crap I ran out of pots" if they have no pots. When they had insane MP regen on the MP Eater right after BB, I could train infinitely at ToT without using a single MP pot or buying HP pots (I just looted Unagi). That was awful and unbalanced. Even if Nexon allowed MP to regen at 100 per second, that would only be a fraction of 1% for most high level mages. By the time you start taking enough damage to have pot costs be noticable, even a massive regen would be pointless. Even recovering 1% of my MP every 4 seconds would hardly be enough to cover pot use.
    Not that any of this matters for good players since looting should more than cover pot costs, at least if you're training outside of LHC. That's one small downside to LHC and Stronghold. You have to sacrifice something to get the best training. You don't get the best of both worlds.

Spoiler!

At least with Magic Guard it makes it so that mages can have almost as much survivability as warriors or at least way above the ranged weapon attack-based classes. Most of my time in the beginning of 4th job was sacrificed trying to find ways to increase my max HP and I spent part of that HP washing before BB. The problem today is that many bosses before that would have been life threatening like Targa's ranged laser attack is now nothing as two things have happened.

1. My max HP has increased drastically through skills, new formulas, and better equipment. Things like Decent HB got me way ahead of the game and even without it I can survive a lot.

2. Enemies that were previously terrifying have been nerfed quite a bit. There's not much that can have a threatening one-hit-ko capability.

What I want is a challenge. Something complicated that needs at least a little bit of strategy and a good amount of teamwork and a little bit from every class. Something that can't be easily solo'd as you need others to help you survive it. Maybe one class has a support skill you need and maybe this class has this move. Today what used to be terrifying is disappointingly easy. This even comes to mind when I think of the rumored 5th job. What more power could they stack up on top of what we have? We're already so drastically and insanely powerful in 4th job that bosses are nothing. What are we going to do? Kill Zakum with our 5th job piss?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

But however if you keep using magic guard, you would eventually have no mp left even if you used mp eater. --> mp eater isn't that good since BB. So then you lose HP when you get attacked having a risk dying. Then you have to buy so many HP pots---different for bishops (if you don't wanna use those drops). So I think getting MP pots is useful, especially when you are running low on mp while using magic guard.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Until a balancing patch several months after BB, MP eater was more than enough to keep MP completely full

Spoiler!

Nothing wrong with buying MP pots. People who have an issue with buying pots are already weird. Pot money is easy to come by and early-game so many pots drop from the sky that you don't go to the store too often anyway.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Nothing wrong with buying MP pots. People who have an issue with buying pots are already weird. Pot money is easy to come by and early-game so many pots drop from the sky that you don't go to the store too often anyway.
    Pre BB when you were a spam mage at skeles, pot costs were a legitimate concern, unless you sold leech.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100