Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Game Recommendations - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Recommendations

For Bioshock you have to get into the fact that it's an FPS/suspense-survival game. It's pretty good at that.

Bastion, on the other hand, is if you want something different than what today's AAA gaming has to offer and it is pretty fun and quick. There's a perfect blend of storyline and gameplay which I haven't seen from any other game.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

I'm not saying you "have" to like Skyrim. I'm just making sure that he tries the "other half" of the game before he decides he doesn't like it. Just to be sure, is all.

Your list won't load for me for some reason, but I recommend you try Vindictus (Nexon's hack-n-slash MMO) it's pretty fun with friends, and the story kept me entertained for hours just playing by myself.

I am currently anticipating Planetside 2 (http://www.planetside2.com/)

and

Hawken (http://www.playhawken.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    When people tell me what they were doing in Skyrim that got them so bored of it all I hear is they're doing it wrong. Although I'm agreeing with Email here. Not everyone will like the same game so it's not a big deal. Can't trust MintPanda's sense of taste though after calling what MapleStory is now great.

People with short attention spans will get bored easily of Skyrim in the beginning if they've never played a game like it so you can either insist they try it or just leave them be. Doesn't matter to me. Blank doesn't like it. Whatever. Big deal. He seems to not like most games because of a seemingly impatient attitude towards them. I can't even think of a game he would like from what I play. Oh well. Suum cuique.

Well maybe he'd like Bastion.
    I'm an old time Mapler, I see the merits and drawbacks of post and pre-bb. But of course changing nx into something which gives you an advantage is unfavourable in f2p games. Besides that not much else is too problematic.

What's with the indirect hostility? It's not a "short attention span", more like preferring something more action packed and skill based. If you like to grind, then go play an MMO, not a single player RPG. TW2 is great because with good control you can always defeat stronger monsters (especially bosses). On the other hand, you don't stand a chance in skyrim unless you grind. Why would you grind by yourself alone? At least on an MMO you can somewhat socialize and interact with others. I can easily grind for hours on maple. I've tried fallout 3 before and didn't like it either.

Anyways I forgot to mention if you like FPS you should try BF3. Provided me with hours of entertainment. Also I just saw you writing that you like LoL. Don't bother with that game, if you don't mind spending some time researching (or just playing casual), you can try out HoN or DotA 2, but they have a pretty steep learning curve (which is like the cliche there). But they're the top end for "MOBA" games.

Grinding in Skyrim? What?

The enemies scale with your level, more or less.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Lol grinding in Skyrim. I beat harder enemies through strategies and abusing random leftover items I never use. If you're grinding in Skyrim you are, once again, doing it wrong.

Levels in the game are as natural as the mechanics in that you level just as easily as you can run on an 80 degree angle. Entirely possible and incredibly easy and fast in Skyrim.

Well anyway I think my favorite part of MintPanda's post was this:
    Quote Originally Posted by MintPanda View Post
    Also I just saw you writing that you like LoL. Don't bother with that game
    "So you actually found a game you enjoy. Well don't bother with it." is what I read off of this.
    Last edited by Omar Ranger; 20th July 2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

You can sorta grind on Elder Scrolls games. Cast Fireball 1,000 times, gain another Destruction rank.

omar, you can't run on a 80 degree angle. That's basically a mild cliff face. You might be able to walk up it with difficulty but it's about this slope.

Running on a downhill 80 degree agle is another matter. This by the way is identical to Maple's grind in later levels.

You can run up an 80 degree angle in an Elder Scrolls game. Try it.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Well anyway I think my favorite part of MintPanda's post was this:

"So you actually found a game you enjoy. Well don't bother with it." is what I read off of this.
    Maybe you deserve some applause? Well done, taking it out of context and assigning it your own new meaning. I meant clearly by that (if you bothered to read a sentence later) was that if you want to play a "MOBA" style game, LoL is not the way to go. Found it hard to believe you couldn't interpret that since I was putting it pretty simplistically.

I don't really know how the mobs in Skyrim scale, since I've not really played legit past the greybeards' second quest or somewhere there. "Grinding" is what I would define in an RPG as going off the main storyline and levelling up/training skills in order to proceed. In TW2, you can choose to just stay on the main story and still proceed relatively easily with good character control, or you can choose to explore and unlock other stuff.

Talking about scaling, OP you should really try out Dead Island. I honestly had a real blast with that game. You just need 2 buddies and you can play multiplayer co-op and it's awesome. It actually took up most of my last summer but we completed the whole game. The zombies there scale exactly with your level, so they stay the same difficulty throughout the game (which I guess is based off whatever difficulty you first chose). It's a great game with a pretty awesome storyline too.

In Elder Scrolls games the main quest is far from the main objective of the game...
    Butts.