Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Database leak; email passwords hacked, etc.

Default Database leak; email passwords hacked, etc.

So earlier today someone on this forum had his mule account whispered the account password to it. I asked around on SP.net as to whether or not this was a hack/exploit, but by the time I got off the compooper again I figured it was just a random hacking.

Seems it isn't. The thread exploded after I left and it appears that Nexon had another database leak in the past week or so, and various popular email providers were hacked as well.

edit: read the article. Seems they only hacked people who used "Yahoo Voices", which could be logged in with non-Yahoo accounts. So no need to worry too much about the email hacking.

Please change your passwords on both your Maplestory account and email account.
    Last edited by emailbox; 14th July 2012 at 10:54 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

REally where did they say that? :( I wanna see them actually saying it b/c they always hide it... and kinda want to know more info about it

Spoiler!

>Friday the 13th

I hate changing my password.
    by Cryopon

http://dazzlepod.com/yahoo/

If you type your email into the search box, you can check to see if your email was compromised. Checked both my main emails (maplestory email and primary email) and both aren't on the list so I'm safe it appears.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Safe (apparently), thank goodness... I hope nothing bad happens to anyone =<
    Spoiler!

My art blog

I should be thankful that I don't use yahoo. I doubt it if I'd been hacked. I do however have a GMAIL account but i don't use it for maple. And i don't use the same password for maple or same username

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I should be thankful that I don't use yahoo. I doubt it if I'd been hacked. I do however have a GMAIL account but i don't use it for maple. And i don't use the same password for maple or same username
    Change it anyway. GMail was hacked too.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

A bunch of people on SP.net were hacked according to the thread in the OP. Also saw someone on Bellocan who was chatting with his friend on how he got hacked.

I think it's time to start buying item locks.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Wonderful. Got hacked, lost about 100 ATT worth in gear, as well as my 3 evo rings. They didn't have time to loot my ravenhorn set because a guildie d/c hacked them.

Blegh. Guess I'm sitting in CS for a long time.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Wonderful. Got hacked, lost about 100 ATT worth in gear, as well as my 3 evo rings. They didn't have time to loot my ravenhorn set because a guildie d/c hacked them.

Blegh. Guess I'm sitting in CS for a long time.
    I was conceived around 4-5am.