Thread: Where to hunt for mastery skill book?

Default Where to hunt for mastery skill book?

Hi all, can anyone tell me where i can hunt for mercedes 4th job mastery book. thks

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by nickwi View Post
    Hi all, can anyone tell me where i can hunt for mercedes 4th job mastery book. thks
    No.

Mastery books haven't been huntable since Chaos.

Mostly every 100+ mob drops mystery mastery books however
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Let me clue you in on something. Skill Book drops are now completely screwed up.

It's like this.

In order to have a chance of getting a book, you have to be able to consistently hit enemies at a higher level than you (Maple's new drop system, exp goes down to 40% if overlvl enough, mesos goes down to <1% as does rare drops like equip once you are about 20 lvl or more). The really ****ed part about this is that damage and damage resist does not appear to go down. That is, monsters that are 20 levels below you should deal 1 damage and be an easy 1hko ('cept crockies) if they are giving crap drops and exp. Quest items seem unaffected though, as do common potions.

Okay, so if you're underlvl, you can just keep training right? Well, no. It's like a window that steadily closes. If you're like 20 lvls underlvl and somehow able to still kill off enemies, you'll probably get a book, but you'll probably also level so quickly that you'll be at 18 levels in about two hours (I trained at DTs for awhile and managed a single book, and about 5-6 levels in just a matter of days of about an hour or so of training) then 16 then 14, and pretty soon the you'll be so close to the edge that you'd need to start dying or something just to keep from levelling over. The system is now MORE suited for hackers than the old system (we need a new new drop system, that sets a drop limit at 1% regardless of overlvl). Now add the rarity further worsened by overlvling to the fact that these items just spew out a random skills that are often not even the right class (in about 5-10 tries, I got not one single bishop skill, they were evan, corsair, and 1 bowman skill) to say nothing of not being lvl 20.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

This does, however, make it easier (and basically possible in general) to find inexpensive books in the FM. Previously, books for important skills were incredibly expensive (and incredibly hard to find as well). Considering many important mastery books dropped solely from bosses, they were very hard to find, and when you did find them, they were very expensive.

This new "mystery" book makes it seem more difficult for the average player to hunt for books, but it's really not. Considering that very few books now go much past 30mil, you can now spend your time farming meso or selling drops to buy the books in the FM. Overall, this is still much faster than the old method, especially when you're attempting to pass core skills.

Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

That's like saying something's slightly better than Tylenol. (In case you haven't been paying attention, pretty much any **** on the market works better than it) The old drop system had terrible rarity of items. But the new system isn't much better.

Yo, Nexon. If you want maple to stop being loot hacked wouldn't it be smarter to have some sort of internal drop system (like some games have where it just says on your sidebar "Gained 50 mesos") and not have this declining drop thing? It just helps hackers, who (much like gun control not stopping people buying from illegal arms dealers) get around them anyway, by hacking levels and probability. Keep the rareness, lose this "oh you're too strong we'll give you nothing" BS. I'd sure as hell prefer it to horribly rare than nonexistent if I'm not totally awesome and always fighting 10-15 underlvl.

But no, we can't have that, what would happen to all these people who wasted their money on meso magnet?

This mess here, that you have to stop training to pick up?

Or this?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 25th July 2012 at 06:33 AM.

However, this makes it simpler (and, in general, possible) to locate affordable books in the FM. Previously, critical skill books were prohibitively expensive (and incredibly hard to find as well). Many critical mastery books were dropped primarily by bosses, making them extremely difficult to locate, and when they were, they were extremely expensive. This new "mystery" book makes it appear like finding books is more difficult for the ordinary player, but it isn't. Because so few books now go over 30 mil, you may now spend your time cultivating meso or selling drops to buy books in the FM. Overall, this approach is still significantly faster than the old one, especially when passing key abilities.

Beginner

In my opinion, any information can now be found on the Internet and it is not necessary to read a whole book to master some kind of skill. It is enough to watch a video on YouTube or read a quick guide with an example. I had the same with writing essays of events. For a long time I could not understand where to start until I looked at the examples on this source https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/events/ everything immediately became clear and I coped with the task in the best way.
    Last edited by St1m; 21st February 2022 at 12:58 PM.

In fact, I remember trying to write book reviews myself, but I'm not very good at it. So I decided it was better to find professionals who could help me. I found a list of people who provide top proofreading services and I think this is the perfect way to find them and read them first. Because we have a very strict supervisor and needed an extremely professional approach. It was thanks to these reviews that I picked the most correct company. I recommend it!