Thread: (New) Potentials and Cubes?

Default (New) Potentials and Cubes?

I saw the update for a few new Miracle Cubes on the Maple homepage, Nexon's (working) attempt at getting people to spend more money. I don't really get how they work though. I read through the item descriptions both in the Cash Shop and on the Maple site a couple of times, but I'm still not really sure how it all works.

White Awakening Stamp
    Use on an item with one potential to add an additional line of potential.
    One potential? Does that mean you can now get multiple sets of 3L Pots on an item? Or is there now 1L Pots?

Enlightening Miracle Cube
    An amazing cube that resets equipment potential and has a chance to upgrade all potentials to the highest available grade.
    Again, multiple sets of 3L Pots? Or can different lines have different ranks? One Epic rank line and one Unique rank line? Or is it just bad wording and it means it can rank up all the lines to Legendary?

Revolutionary Miracle Cube
    This otherworldly cube has a chance to change the number of potentials a piece of equipment possesses.
    Once more, multiple potentials? Or does it just mean number of lines?

And for someone who wants to cube a rare item like my <3% Luk, +4 Str, +40 MaxHP> Dark Pirate Top, which cube(s) would be recommended?
    Slightly related to this, I also have a <+8 Luk, +4 Int> Rare Dark Pirate Pants. Should I just buy a 3L one, or try to cube this one to 3L +Legendary?
    In fact, what should I be aiming to get for my gear with 50k NX? You know what? I'm going to make a thread for that now too. Let's keep this thread talking about the cubes. Someone explain, please.

Thunder God

This stuff was added in v1.12. It's really quite simple -

White Stamp - This adds 1 line of potential to your item. That's it. if you have 1 line, you'll have 2. If you have 2 lines, you'll have 3. If you have 3 lines, you don't need this.

Revolutionary Cube - This is the same as a Premium cube with the bonus that it works on Legendary items. (Premium cubes have the possibility of adding a line, but it cannot be used on Legendary items.) If you have a 2-line legendary item, this is the only way to possibly make it 3 lines.

Enlightening Cube - Standard Miracle cube in function. It has better chances of upgrading tiers overall, but the real attraction for this cube is that it can make extra primary lines more often. Potential items always have the first line as primary with a small chance that the other 2 can be primary. (a 9-6-6 unique item has 1 primary line [the 9], but it is rare that you can get a 9-9-6 or a 9-6-9 which is two primary lines.) The enlightening cube has a higher chance to make your second and third lines be primary lines also.

Ah okay, thanks for explaining this. Appreciate it.