Thread: New ways to get places?

Default New ways to get places?

Now that I'm playing again, I notice that there are a lot more new ways to get places like the cab in Ludi going to Omega sector, are there any other faster travel methods to places besides just Ludi to Omega that lead somewhere I would actually want to go? Also, is the new Ellin forest remade area (the lvl 90-ish area) worth it lvling wise?

I'm not so sure when you stopped, so I can't really tell what's "new", but a few quick "methods" that you may or may not know about include:

Personal airplanes. You can rent these from Mister/Master (I forgot which one it was) Irvin (I think). They cut the time boats travel down by a minute or two, so I suppose that would be considered faster. They are also available on-command, so you can leave whenever you want instead of waiting for a boat to arrive and take off.

Use the Dolpin in Aqua Road. If you take it to Sharp Unknown, you're one map away from Korean Folk Town. Which is like 4 maps away from Ludi. Also, if you take it to Herb Town, you can take a crane to Mu Lung, then over to Orbis for a (possibly) faster Aqua Road > Orbis route.

Also an exploit that is fairly well-known is the use of the Mystic Door skill in Alien Base Corridor 2 in NLC. If you get a Bishop or Phantom (or even a hat with the skill) to use Mystic Door in that map (and possibly other Alien Base Corridor maps), you'll get disconnected with the invalid pointer error message. Once you log back in, you'll be at Hidden Street: Spinel's Forest. From there you can talk to the NPC to get her to teleport you to pretty much any major town in the game. Use this method at your own risk, though, I'm pretty sure you can get banned for exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    I'm not so sure when you stopped, so I can't really tell what's "new", but a few quick "methods" that you may or may not know about include:

Personal airplanes. You can rent these from Mister/Master (I forgot which one it was) Irvin (I think). They cut the time boats travel down by a minute or two, so I suppose that would be considered faster. They are also available on-command, so you can leave whenever you want instead of waiting for a boat to arrive and take off.

Use the Dolpin in Aqua Road. If you take it to Sharp Unknown, you're one map away from Korean Folk Town. Which is like 4 maps away from Ludi. Also, if you take it to Herb Town, you can take a crane to Mu Lung, then over to Orbis for a (possibly) faster Aqua Road > Orbis route.

Also an exploit that is fairly well-known is the use of the Mystic Door skill in Alien Base Corridor 2 in NLC. If you get a Bishop or Phantom (or even a hat with the skill) to use Mystic Door in that map (and possibly other Alien Base Corridor maps), you'll get disconnected with the invalid pointer error message. Once you log back in, you'll be at Hidden Street: Spinel's Forest. From there you can talk to the NPC to get her to teleport you to pretty much any major town in the game. Use this method at your own risk, though, I'm pretty sure you can get banned for exploits.
    I stopped playing roughly about a week or two after Mercedes came out, and the cab in Ludi was there but it only took you to Korean Folk Town and one other place, I think it was the Path of Time.