Thread: Maplestory on Mac

Default Maplestory on Mac

Hey guys I just got a new Macbook pro 15 inch and I'm thinking to come back to playing maple but of course maple story only works on windows! I honestly suck at Mac right now because it's pretty new to me and was wondering if somebody could walk me through the process of getting maple up and running. I know the basic idea of using bootcamp but I still need a little bit of a guide :P Many thanks in advance.
    xJayzillaIL [Bera] - lvl 141 Arch Mage Ice Lightning (Apple Mule :D)
    Ecstatopic [Bera] - lvl 132 Marksman

You probably will have to dual boot with boot camp or something. Nexon decided to be stupid and prevent maple from running on VM's,
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Just install Windows, and replace apple

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    no this is a ****ing terrible idea

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

should've gotten a pc though.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You'll need to obtain a copy of Windows. XP sp2 through W7 will work. How you obtain this is up to you. If you have a relatively new Mac (and are not using XP), you can use either 32 or 64 bit.
    I think Apple still provides a boot camp assistant that helps easily create a partition for Windows and guides you through the process.

Regardless, the basic steps are: creating a partition, booting Windows on the partition, and downloading the required bootcamp drivers.
    I assume you're just on OSX, so I'll just link this (but tell us if you're not).

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...Setup_10.6.pdf

The last time I installed Windows on a Mac for a friend, I used that and it worked without a hitch.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    You'll need to obtain a copy of Windows. XP sp2 through W7 will work. How you obtain this is up to you. If you have a relatively new Mac (and are not using XP), you can use either 32 or 64 bit.
    I think Apple still provides a boot camp assistant that helps easily create a partition for Windows and guides you through the process.

Regardless, the basic steps are: creating a partition, booting Windows on the partition, and downloading the required bootcamp drivers.
    I assume you're just on OSX, so I'll just link this (but tell us if you're not).

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...Setup_10.6.pdf

The last time I installed Windows on a Mac for a friend, I used that and it worked without a hitch.
    Lab u Tesi :)

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    Apple isn't a OS
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Okay so I ended up going with BootCamp (pretty much my only option) and it was going smoothly. I partitioned the HD and everything and installed Windows 7 on it but when the installation finished, it came to the login screen and gave me an error. I didn't get much time to read the error but it was like a login error of some sort and it logged me off and then shut down the computer. When I tried to start it up again, it came to the plain black screen with that little underscore thing in the top left blinking so I had to boot back into OSX and format/erase the partitioned drive. I want to retry but I'm not sure what caused the error. My research has been fruitless so I'm wondering if this happened to any of you guys?

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Jayzilla; 8th August 2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: torrented not tormented
    xJayzillaIL [Bera] - lvl 141 Arch Mage Ice Lightning (Apple Mule :D)
    Ecstatopic [Bera] - lvl 132 Marksman