Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bulma's Surreal Artwork

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

It would probably be better if you took the time to more fully color in the shapes, at least in the body. It would bring the figure to the foreground and make it much more aesthetically pleasing.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    China developed the language first, and when Taiwan became independent they started using it. Traditional Chinese was already part of China
    And that part of china has moved to taiwan. Ancient China and ROC are basically what Taiwan is today. Your "party's dictatorship of china" is no more than a pathetic pretender.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I did a little more just now, but I dunno. Considering that's one of the better sketches of people I've done (look closely at the one called The Bridge, my people are weird), it might not be as good as it could be if I filled stuff in, but it's alright.

I'm gonna want to take a request now. I've drawn something manga-esque (though it's not really my style), and some creepy landscapes.

When you draw anything, you should block it out with basic shapes and lines and then add in detail from there. This helps you keep proportions correct and aids in planning your overall drawing.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

i'm hardly an art critic but your stuff isn't "surreal" in any way.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Not surreal enough? Mkay, I must fulfill the contract of the title.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 13th September 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

Not surreal enough? Mkay, I must fulfill the contract of the title.
    100% honesty? This looks like a 1st grader drew it.
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Ummm... yea.

Well, anyway, that's how I draw. I'm not Van Gogh or anything, not that he was known for detail.

When you draw anything, you should block it out with basic shapes and lines and then add in detail from there. This helps you keep proportions correct and aids in planning your overall drawing.
    For that one, I kinda did, since I was going for close to real proportions. The problem being, I had to adjust the proportions, since I was basing them off a medium size picture and then drawing it on a huge page. Then, there were things like the violin angled against her neck with the saw (or whatever it's called) at an angle with that. I think I fudged on alot of stuff.

Usually, I go straight into freehand drawing as in the above picture, but the last one I made a freehand sketch (#2, after the one I showed), and colored over it to get the layers right.

Anyway, I think I've got an idea for another one.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Only a chinese citizen can master the art of calligraphy effectively
    Considering that calligraphy is not only a Greek term but was also developed by the Romans for Latin manuscripts around the same time people in the East were beginning to practice "calligraphy", I think you're completely wrong.

Spoiler!

But Bulma, your art isn't abstract at all.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward