Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: bulma's Surreal Artwork

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

But it is. Or is it surreal?

I guess surreal isn't the right word, surreal would be more like body horror or trees eating people.

Yea, it looks like a pretty picture (well not really, but color symbolism and placement of objects is abnormal, and sometimes symbolic). Landscapes with weird color schemes and no perspective.

http://artstyleonline.com/wp-content...stract-art.jpg
    http://artstyleonline.com/wp-content...tract-city.jpg

Both of these are considered abstract. You guys must've been fed nonsense from your art teacher, abstract art isn't just squiggly lines, it's art that has loud "sounds" or emotionally charged scenery. Abstract art is basically a way of telling a story/expressing feelings in symbolic rather than literal means. (In other words, I'm trying to justify that it's not crap by calling it abstract, as many other sucky painters have) That is, when it isn't a complete and utter fraud.

Here ya go. I churned out this low effort work called Before And After. (Zoomed out, but on the left we have a puke explosion of color, purple, pink, red, blue, green and yellow all smeared together, a guy and his dog about to offer flowers to someone, a crappy looking house, and even crappier looking multi-colored bird. On the right we have a tombstone, flowers again, some bones, and worn-down house, and a black bird). Conclusion? Too much Taoism, and way way too much Black☆Rock Shooter.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 13th September 2012 at 02:49 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Lol, yea, okay.

Anyway. I think I'm gonna do a fanfic instead.