Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bulma's Surreal Artwork

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default bulma's Surreal Artwork

Someone told me in chatbox that I have pretty much nothing in common with most people, so I don't really belong well since there aren't common interests. Well, it's garbled and I misquoted, but anyway, I'll post some old (and eventually new) art I make.

I don't take criticism well (as you know), but I do take requests. Ask me to draw anything, from like a photo and I'll give it a shot.

(But first, I'm gonna get batteries for my yardsale camcorder)

You're different at least

I didn't feel like adding the (mostly online) support software because I had to disable my entire security framework (including changing db code). So my camcorder for now can make videos but my computer won't play them due to lack of support.

Whatever, I needed a camera more.

Spoiler!

My room is brick red with a white ceiling and no overhead light. It has a windowside wall that slants towards me at a 45o angle about 4-5 ft up. This painting is one I got in China in 2005 so this is mainly delayed shot phography.

Spoiler!

One of my better sketches with color pencil and some sort of no-erase finish we sprayed on the end. In case you can't tell what the hell it is, well I got the picture from a National Geographic. There was a seal/sea lion near a wall. This was back in early art classes.

Spoiler!

Five Elements, I always substitute Wind for Metal, because Metal doesn't seem distinct enough from Earth (Fire is hot, Water is wet/cold, Earth is solid, Wood is alive, and Metal is solid? Well, Wind, like Metal, can cut and it generally is not solid). Nobody in the class knew what it was, and said "Maybe it's a board game?"

Spoiler!

I think this was in a college class called Art for Children, which was among the required electives we could take (I initially took Photography, but 2/3 of the class was about developing rather than actually snapping shots). Some friend of mine in-training for teaching was in it, and mostly girls (I think besides the teacher, I was the only guy, and not by much). I finished early one day and started painting, and it was coincidentally alot like what she was making. I fiercely denied it, as I made mine first.

Spoiler!

Sketched on a napkin during a boring meeting. All the objects are actually composed of some type of gibberish writing which is supposed to represent the language of creation or something.

Spoiler!

It's kinda something I sketched from oil pastels one day. I hadn't done any art in years, and feeling gloomy about something, so I made this. Dunno what it means.

Spoiler!

This is why I seldom do portraits. Note the use of faceless dough people on the right. This work is called The Bridge, it represents the separation between self/personal interests (left) and other people (right, with the faceless dough ppl). The emphasis however is not on either of these, but rather whatever bridges the gap, and on the deep black water that consumes everything trying to cross.

Seems like you're pretty into chinese stuff.

The drawing after the Five Element looks the nicest out of everything.
    by Cryopon

Ah I remember drawing the five elements off of yugioh cards. Good times.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

The chinese characters looks odd to me

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    The chinese characters looks odd to me
    My handwriting is weird? Lemme look at them, and see if I can see it.

Sorta. I think I used to draw water as a merged character. (It's 水 which is really three strokes), and I have no idea how I arrived at that character for wind (風 or 风). Probably from squinting at a dictionary and drawing the wrong line by accident.

Hmmm, I wanna try a new style, but I dunno what. I'm looking at the moe sutairu no egaki kata which is unfortunately all in Japanese (I know about 30-50 characters of kanji, a few isolated words of romaji but not nearly enough to structure a sentence). I might try making a moe design of something, but I'd need an idea. (Without an outline, I usually end up making faceless dough ppl)
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 12th September 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Wind.

Water.

風水
    Something to do with placing furniture the right way.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Yes water but there are no squiggly lines in chinese

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    Yes water but there are no squiggly lines in chinese
    No squiggly lines? I had ppl write me things when I was in Yantai, and Xi'an and they'd use this horribly Chinese cursive that I couldn't even read because I was used to the blocked text of signs and such.

(I'm gonna draw something later, try to work on layering techniques)

I'm gonna try this. Wish meh luck.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 12th September 2012 at 09:47 AM.