Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legitimate rage against Nexon

I started hated nexon when they made it so I couldnt get nx from paypal.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

I laughed when I saw that skill which stops you from being able to see anything on the map for 2 seconds

The sword things on the character looks too big, way too big considering it looks permanent/a necessity.
    I don't know anything about this class and I know it's horrible - usually when you see a Maple character in action you can tell what they are - but this, it's ... a half-melee hero who brings up spiked from the ground, uses fire, has two un-fiery blue swords stab into the ground, and summons dragons (not sure if this is specific to this class). It makes no sense.
    viva la nagato yuki

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    On the contrary, you like that angelic burster class, which makes me vomit in the same rage you're giving now.
    The aesthetics are infinitely better than Kaiser's. The colour coordination needs a lot of work (vomitous pink, dark purple? come on...) and a large number of the 4th job skills look terrible (why the hell does she summon a mirror?), but a fair number of her other skills match well with her "magical girl" theme (notably, massive pico hammer)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Angelic Burster looks downright cute.

Kaiser looks ewww.

So why not just use the other one. From what I saw of Tesi's video, it's definitely okay to have an Angel Burster, at least in terms of bossing.

Angelic Burster is meant to be over the top cute. Honestly, Kaiser's design there looks cool and awesome. It's just a shame that so many of the characters drawn are almost never like that in game, and are something else completely. If the skills weren't so huge and everywhere and ugly then it wouldn't be all that bad. But that's the case.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    Angelic Burster is meant to be over the top cute. Honestly, Kaiser's design there looks cool and awesome. It's just a shame that so many of the characters drawn are almost never like that in game, and are something else completely. If the skills weren't so huge and everywhere and ugly then it wouldn't be all that bad. But that's the case.
    This so much
    The idea behind the class is pretty cool, but it was just executed so horribly.

Spoiler!

Graphically the Kaiser transformation is the best looking thing in the game at the moment, ascetically it doesn't fit because the transformation looks better than the rest of the game in my opinion on a fidelity standpoint because of the detail on it. Also, I have no idea what kind of 15 year olds you associate with but I don't know any that could make something like that, also Kaiser looks exactly like the image linked just with a different color by bulma just downgraded to the game's level because of engine limitations. Personally, I see no problem with Kaiser because I'm bias in that I love dragoons and dragons in general. But, I do agree that ascetically no it doesn't fit maplestory, fidelity wise though it's fine.
    Last edited by LostZodiac; 16th September 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZodiac View Post
    Graphically the Kaiser transformation is the best looking thing in the game at the moment, ascetically it doesn't fit because the transformation looks better than the rest of the game in my opinion on a fidelity standpoint because of the detail on it. Also, I have no idea what kind of 15 year olds you associate with but I don't know any that could make something like that, also Kaiser looks exactly like the image linked just with a different color by bulma just downgraded to the game's level because of engine limitations. Personally, I see no problem with Kaiser because I'm bias in that I love dragoons and dragons in general. But, I do agree that ascetically no it doesn't fit maplestory, fidelity wise though it's fine.
    Oh good lord use more periods.

When I say a 15 y/o designed it (or when email says a child), we obviously aren't being literal. Seriously? I mean... seriously?

What it means is that there's no cohesion; it looks like a jumbled mess of unnecessary animation that will completely overtake every map. Do you even realize how unbelievably annoying it will be to train with these classes?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Oh good lord use more periods.

When I say a 15 y/o designed it (or when email says a child), we obviously aren't being literal. Seriously? I mean... seriously?

What it means is that there's no cohesion; it looks like a jumbled mess of unnecessary animation that will completely overtake every map. Do you even realize how unbelievably annoying it will be to train with these classes?
    It's Sam, it's hard to tell when he's serious or not. Also, I personally don't think the animations are that extreme, Angelic Burster has that covered. Also, it's not that much different from the Nautilus in that while the lasers are going off in the darkened screen you can't see a god damn thing either if you're near the caster, I just think you guys are overreacting.
    From what I can tell Kaiser uses mainly reds, whites, greens (while transformed,) and blues. The type of sword affects what the giant floating swords are, it was mentioned in Orangemushroom somewhere.

Kaiser's animations look fine as well, you won't see him in the transformed state a lot of the time so mainly all you'll see is him doing dragon slash. The only problem with the size of the animations I see possibly occurring are for people that still use non 1024x768 or larger monitors, but that is already enough of a problem when things like the Nautilus take up about the top third of my screen.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the reasoning besides the ascetic are incompletely unfounded and just people aggravated that there will be another bandwagon like there is every time a new class is introduced.

Have you ever party trained for any length of time?
    We're not overreacting.

All of the current animations are annoying enough in party situations. These (and Angelic Buster) go above and beyond. The general rage is coming from the fact that each new class gets flashier and flashier, and they've stopped being mildly interesting and started being incredibly stupid and pointless.

Spoiler!