Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legitimate rage against Nexon

Default Legitimate rage against Nexon

Spoiler!

Are you ****ing serious Nexon? What the **** is this bull**** supposed to be? Kaiser? It looks like a goddamned four year old drew this ****ing piece of crap, and it doesn't fit at ALL with the aesthetics of its own ****ing hometown, let alone the ENTIRETY OF MAPLESTORY. The animations are choppy as all hell, the "swing" animations don't even match the way the character is swinging his ****ing sword, and what the actual **** are those massive, terribly colour co-ordinated sword things hanging around his head? WHY **** ARE THERE FIVE OF THEM?!

This class is pretty much the epitome of the ****-tier leveled "jobs" that are released in pretty much every other MMORPG EXCEPT Maplestory. I play Maplestory partially for the DPS race, but also because it's unique and the artstyle is great. This class ruins everything. It's ****. It looks like it was designed by a child with crayons after watching too much ****ing Gundam or Power Rangers. It's a damage whoring class, sure, but at the very least MAKE A GODDAMN EFFORT TO MAKE IT LOOK DECENT. I have gripes with the Angelic Burster too, but that **** isn't half as bad as this "Kaiser" bull****. Jesus Christ, Nexon, what the **** happened to your design team?

If you're wondering why I'm writing this now and not right after Kaiser was released, I literally just realized how **** tier this class looks; I've been avoiding watching Kaiser videos precisely for this purpose, but I wanted to see what the evolution system is about, etc. The fact that THE CLASS SPADOW WAS PLAYING made me shut off the video has got to be a testament to how ****ing terrible this class is.
    Last edited by emailbox; 15th September 2012 at 11:12 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

You're mad because of how it looks? Wow... If it was the class itself, that's one thing.. but that's just pretty dumb if you ask me. Maybe a quick post about how "I don't like the look of Kaiser" but not an entire thread filled with "****."
    It's entirely unnecessary, really.

That fire explosion skill in the beginning was cool, though.

The problem is that it looks like no effort was put into designing it.
    by Cryopon

The aesthetics of the class is terrible. That's a good reason to rage.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Considering every class in Maple is a variation on just a couple of different styles, I'd say all that matters is damage output and aesthetics.

Do you realize how annoying it's going to be having everyone and their brother jumping around on these worthless characters? It's bad enough when the newest bandwagon class doesn't have flashy skills, but this is going to be just awful.

It looks more like a no-life 15y/o designed it though. The skills by themselves are okay, and the class could've been appealing, but as a whole, it's overly-flashy and mismatched.

Yet another reason to completely avoid stranger-parties at LHC.
    Also, I won't feel bad about stealing channels from people with obviously bandwagoned Kaisers, so there's a positive, I guess.

Spoiler!

On the contrary, you like that angelic burster class, which makes me vomit in the same rage you're giving now.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Luminous master race.

Kaiser has a lot of terribly mis-matched skills and color clashes. It'd be very hard to make a look for it given the scatterbrained skills and animations.

My god the transformation is disgustingly bad though.

Kaiser was okay up until that transformation and unnecessary sound effects of his yelling...

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Seriously, you're whining about the way a class looks? There's alot of legit complaints about maple and you pick that? I'm not gonna rage much, because frankly I'm past it. I've been banned twice on Maple (once on GMS, and once on a pserver), and I've been item-hacked numerous times. There's not much left.

• Make it browser-based dammit! Downloading is a 6+ hour pain from maple downloader, and a 24 hour pain from mirror sites.
    • You wanna know why there are so many hackers? It's not because your obvious bug patches aren't enough, it's because you have too restrictive a system and people will cheat (items beyond level 35 are unbuyable, meaning people hack to loot for rare items, instead of buying them).
      • Then there's the absurdly rare drops that you NEED to advance, like skillbooks which are sold at 9m each, and after buying routinely are for the wrong class and the wrong skill level (or the level 20s seem to be outright missing from FM). I once even got about 3 or 4 class mystery books, which all turned into 30s that I couldn't use. You wanna stop ppl from hacking? Stop this broken crap. I've never hacked, but seriously wanted to after all that...
      • Missing AR. Having to do Zakum Quests in order to possibly earn it. Not being able to kill LHC enemies without it short of being massively overlvled.

• For that matter, all this stupid random brokenness. 10% spike or warmth scrolls don't work 10% of the time, heck out of 20 tries earning the proper items despite it not advancing the slots, yielded zero, zip, nada. Add to that the fact that half the scrolls have some sort of destructive failure effect, and you get some serious ass pain.
    • NX Card only items. What's with that?
    • Identical classes, each more identical than the last.
    • Damage is always broken, as is progression. It's either too high with almost no effect on enemy totals or too low and having hp issues If you are fighting an enemy (which isn't a boss) that's the same level, your weakest class (that is, your wizard) should be able to withstand one hit without dying without using MG brokenness. It's too strong an ability if done right, and if done wrong (hint: me) you end up wasting pots.
    • Why the **** doesn't auto-stat work (you do it, you get screwed up damage)? Because of lag I have to click several times for each. And no flexibility at all, means even a few points in a stat can screw things up in a major way. Make secondary stats useful again. Oh, and btw, try adding MP to a wizard's stat on level up. You actually end up with less MP than if you only spent on INT and/or LUK.
    • YOU CAN'T AVOID ENEMIES... like you can in LaTale or some other games. Meaning kill-stealing is a given. You should at least be able to avoid enemies you no longer gain gold and items from.
    • Or you could even talk about Cubes .

So your "legitimate rage" is about how Kaiser looks? Seriously?

Forget it, I have a headache.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 15th September 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Aesthetics is crucially important in any video game so complaining about it is a legitimate complaint. http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/epi...vs.-aesthetics

Gtfo Bulma. Over half of your complaints is you whining.
    Last edited by Omar Ranger; 15th September 2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward