Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's computer building time.

Your list doesn't have anything Dae wants to recommend.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Price, and a bit of brand loyalty

In the list I put in a card that I want (7870) and a card that's really high end just because I can (7970)

What?

I put that in as an extreme budget option

The ASrock one I found has almost everything that I want for features, but I'll go look at all the motherboards again, also I'm trying to keep everything $1000 and under (not including extras)

The OS i put in the extras is 7 pro. Even then, I think I can get a free copy of 7 ult from my university.

The price difference is minimal so I'll throw that in the list. Never had any problem with Seagate or WD though.

The HX650 is 650W. I'm not sure that's enough power. I'm trying to make my build as open to upgrades as possible.

Everyone loves the Hyper 212+, everyone has been OCing well with the Hyper212+ as I've been reading. Even then, I don't plan on doing any extremely heavy OCing, just probably gonna bump it up a tiny bit.

It should, but too expensive

11 and onward
    The extras section are extras, I don't really need an opinion on those items just yet, since they're just add-ons or other things that I might need.
    Keyboard- Coming from a laptop I already have a mouse but no keyboard. Seeing that I love my deathadder I was thinking I'd go for another razer product. Though really I just need any wired keyboard with media buttons so I can switch songs while playing a game or something

Monitor- If my parents don't have an extra one lying around, I'll have to get one. Haven't really shopped around for any yet. I would love to get a 16:10 screen since those are mathematically more beautiful than these ugly 16:9's (golden ratio, anyone?), but they are too expensive.

SSD- This is a very very low priority for me. I don't need fast boot times and I'll gladly trade that away for not having to fight with my Program Files folder.

Talk more on HS dae, the chatbox misses you :(

1) That's fine.

2) The 7950 is worth a look ._. it's one of the cards I would consider for myself ^^.

3) I'm talking about that one Sandy Bridge CPU in your list. I'd just take that out.

4) In any case, I would wait to do the purchase until the Vishera CPU comes out and gets benchmarked. Maybe you'll have a good reason to switch over.

5) Asus has very solid features, and ASRock (while good) doesn't do as well as Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte does. I'm willing to bet that Asus boards will be better for you to overclock on in the future too.

6) Awesome.

7) I hear lots of people complain about dead Seagate drives ^^;

8) 650W is more than enough power unless you do dual graphics. 650W would probably be OK with dual graphics, but 750W would be more comfortable for that.

9) Hyper 212 has a great price:performance ratio, but it's not a cooler that will handle a large overclock which means less futureproofing for you. The H60 is pretty cheap I think (around the price of those Noctua coolers).

10) Aaw :(. Get that and that MSI board that has ammo clips and stuff on it ^^.

11) SSDs make an excellent upgrade in the future. Think about getting one.

12) Life no longer allows me to even chat on irc... so seeing me on HS chat will be rather rare... I do actually scan the forum for new posts once a day though (although I tend to miss lots of stuff doing that b/c I don't read the list thoroughly as evidenced by how late I was replying here -_-).

Got some parts ordered today. There was a newegg sale.

Antec 850W Power Supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-17371053-L01A

Antec Nine Hundred Two V3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-11129097-L01B

Seagate Barracuda 3TB Hard Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-22148907-L05B
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100