Thread: LostZodiac

Default LostZodiac

[17-09, 13:03] LostZodiac: discussion done
    [17-09, 13:03] LostZodiac: ok so you like box copies because you're lazy and have a ****ty ISP

Discussion of why having boxed copies of games is better than downloading the entire game via Steam or Origin(lol) for it's entire size.
    Something like GW2, which is 15.7gb(?) on a very good connection would take at least 2 hours. On a boxed copy? What's the latest patch size? 15.7gb? Didn't think so.
    Plus if you lose your disc, you can still download it with Steam. Having a game's disc makes it a ton easier. My experiences are with New Vegas, (Fallout)3, and Skyrim. Having the disc saves e hours and hours of downloading when I **** something up and have t re-install. Having a ****ty ISP has nothing to do with getting a game with the disc. I have a poor 3G internet connection, and I "can" game with it. Not having to download an entire game whenever I have to reinstall it is a gift from the heavens. I don't even know what else to say.

gg lz, gg.

2 Hot Sands about LZ in two months...

On the case of Skyrim, seeing that I got it on RELEASE DAY means there were no patches, so I saved myself a 2 hour download by getting the boxed copy.
    I'll say this again. Disc install will always be faster than downloading, even with a patch. If you get a new computer, you'll have 200GB in Steam games to download, or you can copy your steam folder from your old computer.

As for your case about "wasting" hard disk space, we download and store games on our drives so that we may play them immediately and not after a 2 hour download.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Am I the only one who thought box-disc was referring to console game disk?
    by Cryopon

The boxes/cases the CD comes in also look pretty awesome. It's just nice to have a physical thing in your hands which you purchased yourself.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default On CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays

The boxes/cases the CD comes in also look pretty awesome. It's just nice to have a physical thing in your hands which you purchased yourself.
    I currently think whatever you decide either way about Zodiac is probably true. But yea, he's right.

I stream most of my videos. It's free, so it's what I do alot. But we have horrible internet because all that will serve our area (one town over, some even smaller town gets Verizon, which works decently for the rest of the East Coast. We get Kaballero. You've heard of it, right?) is something based 60+ miles away, which is down half the time, and when it's up it plods through videos, taking 3 hours to watch an hour long video.

In areas you're from, I'm sure it's a tremendous boost to clear space used on DVDs and such. But I grew up when it was cool to show off enormous collections of books, movies, and games. It's cool to hold it in your hand, it's even cooler that you can pop it into the DVD slot with your TV if your computer craps out, and it's really good that no matter how sucky your net is, it'll always work unless it got scratched. That's just me though.

This guy is a terrible person. Of course disk install is faster.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward