Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battle Mage LUK

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Yup! I like this system because it encourages people to play multiple characters and encourages people to try new, "underplayed" classes.
    It does, but I think the Link Skill system does it even more so. Every serious player has at least 3-4 characters created solely for their Link skills - Cannoneer (+15 all stats), Mercedes (+10% Exp), Phantom (+10% Crit), and Demon Slayer (+10% Boss damage). They also have at least 6 third job characters on their account so that they can get 2 rank A character card sets (+500 HP/MP and +1 MA/WA each set).

Whenever you create any new character, you get a significant starting advantage by having all of those bonuses.

Beginner

New players don't have that many slots though. I only have 4 slots which accommodate the link skills but since you can't link those characters together there are some tough choices to make. The longer I play the more slots I'll have so eventually there will be 10 character slots, but for right now with so few slots do you load up with link skilled characters save one for a main and forget about character card stats or do you get set effects?