Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lex's 1 ~ 200 Guide

Default Lex's 1 ~ 200 Guide

================================================== ==========
    Lex's 1 ~ 200 Training Location Guide Alliance Unbound

This is a quick guide for training on monsters from levels 1 ~ 200. I will be mentioning alternatives where available and my own opinion on the locations. This guide is for any general class with no specifics. The new accuracy formula will be used and mentioned through the guide, which is 2% Miss Rate per level difference. I hope this guide will be informative for you all!
    Update:- Moved job advancements and altered notes to compensate this change.

Levels 1 ~ 10

These levels are so easy that there is no need to mention any sort of training location. Normally classes would follow their set stories, such as an Evan's farm quests and a Citizen's Edel quests. If anyone has trouble making it to level 10 I highly recommend that you stop playing Maple Story as it doesn't get easier.

~~First Job Advancement~~

Levels 10 ~ 20

Job/Story Quests
    As some Job/Story Quests go on and on and on and on they level you up so you pass these levels.

Fairy (Level 13) and Royal Fairy (Level 15)
    Map: Chimney Tree: Chimney Tree Top
    Opinion: The spawn is pretty good here and it's relatively easy to go through the map.
    Recommended level to train: 10 ~ 20

Mushmom (Level 15)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Mushmom Forest Trail
    Opinion: Mushmom isn't normally around in more populated worlds due to it being killed rather a lot, but if it's there it's worth the kill at lower levels
    Recommended level to train: 10 ~ 12+. 10 if you're well funded with items and 12 if you're not.

Blue Mushmom (Level 18)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Blue Mushmom Forest
    Opinion: If you're in the area, and it's there, it's worth the kill at lower levels. Like Mushmom, it's commonly killed, mostly for the card.
    Recommended level to train: 13 ~ 15+. 13 if you're well funded with items and 15 if you're not.

Rotting Skeleton (Level 20)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Skeletons
    Opinion: Here's always an option if you're a little bored and fancy a change. I wouldn't recommend this area due to population, and you'll probably be spending quite a lot of time in New Leaf City later on anyway so you don't want to get bored of here early.
    Recommended level to train: 10+

Mixed Golems (Level 24)
    Map: Golem's Temple: Golem's Castle Ruins (Mini Dungeon)
    Opinion: Probably the best area and fastest training spot to level 30. If you're class can multi-hit this will be even better for you. The lower level you are, the more funding you'd need, such as rings and Cygnus' Knight's 24 attack buff, however it's not so bad if you're lower level as they drop a lot of white potions.
    Recommended level to train: 10 ~ 30

Levels 20 ~ 30

Blue Mushmom (Level 18)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Blue Mushmom Forest
    Opinion: Blue Mushmom is still very good at this level, providing you can find one. You won't be leveling every kill, and it'll get gradually slower as you kill them after leveling. There are better options at this level.
    Recommended level to train: 13 ~ 15+. 13 if you're well funded with items and 15 if you're not.

Zombie Mushmom (Level 23)
    Map: Singing Mushroom Forest: Zombie Mushmom Hill
    Opinion: Like all the other Mushmoms, Zombie Mushmom is very good exp for lower levels, however it is often hunted (Surprise!). If you can manage to find and kill them, it's well worth it. Lesser populated worlds with more channels would be favourable.
    Recommended level to train: 18 ~ 21+. 18 if you're well funded with items and 21 if you're not.

Mixed Golems (Level 26)
    Map: Golem's Temple: Golem's Castle Ruins (Mini Dungeon)
    Opinion: Still the main map of choice for these levels, except now it'll be easier for people with less funding now. You will most likely be here till 30, which is not too bad.
    Recommended level to train: 22 ~ 30

Job/Story Quests
    Yup, some poor jobs still have these. Some for certain jobs can actually be surprisingly good exp! I wouldn't focus on actually questing to level up though. It can be a bit of a waste of time sometimes.

Rotting Skeleton (Level 20)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Skeletons
    Opinion: I can't say I've ever been there but for that level of monster the exp is pretty broken. The map seems like an okay map however it'd be most suited to classes with high mobility. I'd presume ksers would appear here as well, seeing as it's a Chimney map. I would honestly recommend Mixed Golems over these though, due to them having their own mini dungeon.
    Recommended level to train: 20 ~ 30

~~Second Job Advancement~~

Levels 30 ~ 40

Mushking Castle Quests
    Map: Mushking Empire (Mushroom Castle: Mushroom Forest Field and onwards)
    Opinion: Quests give a load of exp and the monsters are not especially terrible with their exp rates. As a bonus you get 1 Att, 2 M.att gloves and a decent Medal too. They're a whole lot easier too, with the recent patches.
    Recommended level to train: 30 ~ 36

Jr. Kitties (Jr. Cellion, Jr. Lioner, Jr Grupin (Level 36))
    Map: Garden of Red/Green/Yellow (The maps are relatively the same. Choose the map with more ideal equip drops for your class)
    Opinion: I've not actually used Kitties myself for a long time. The maps remain the same, and their exp is still pretty reasonable. With alternatives available, and closer to Victoria Island, the Kitties are outshone by better areas.
    Recommended level to train: 30 ~ 42

CDs (Latest Hits Compilation (Level 46) and Greatest Oldies (Level 47))
    Map: Kerning Square: 7th Floor 8th Floor Area A
    Opinion: The map is flat with brilliant spawn rates. The drops aren't too great and you won't see them often. CDs drop an insane amount of HP potions, whites and oranges, so worrying about HP on some classes isn't needed. Mobility isn't much of a problem, but classes that can mob are pretty much a must. Be careful if you're a shooting type of class, as the escalators can get in the way of your attacks. CDs have also got an increased level, so go early only if you're funded or don't mind the misses.
    Recommended level to train: 34/40 ~ 50

Kid Mannequin (Level 43)
    Map: Kerning Square: 5th Floor 6th Floor Area A
    Opinion: Pretty good area to kill in as it's flat, similar to CDs in spawn, and is less crowded than CDs. It's a pretty reasonable option if CDs aren't available.
    Recommended level to train: 30 ~ 46

Levels 40 ~ 50

CDs (Latest Hits Compilation (Level 46) and Greatest Oldies (Level 47))
    Map: Kerning Square: 7th Floor 8th Floor Area A
    Opinion: CDs will become very boring, very quickly, but it's still a worthy mention.
    Recommended level to train: 34 ~ 48

Kid Mannequin (Level 43)
    Map: Kerning Square: 5th Floor 6th Floor Area A
    Opinion: These guys will probably start to slow down at this point, so move forward to CDs or another area when you are able to switch.
    Recommended level to train: 30 ~ 46

Adult Kitties (Cellion, Lioner, Grupin (Level 46))
    Map: Stairway to the Sky 1
    Opinion: Pretty nice map with very decent spawn, drops and exp. Classes which don't handle angles well, like Archers, and characters that don't mob brilliantly will struggle more than other classes.
    Recommended level to train: 42 ~ 52

Malaysia
    Map: General Maps in Malaysia (Level 45 ~ 56) (Malaysia: Trend Zone Metropolis and onwards)
    Opinion: Malaysia is an amazing training area. There is a quest available at level 50 which will get you to literally 85% straight away (Not including Empathy bonus exp). The quest requires 250 Rebabs and 150 Coconut Husks. As soon as you get to Malaysia you should start collecting. It WILL SLOW YOU DOWN but the result is well worth it (85% at level 50 and 26 fame). After you've stopped collecting the items you can just blitz the monsters. Emo Slimes and Chlorotraps drop Rebabs and Coconut Husks. Village Chief Malek in Muddy Banks 2 is the quest giver.
    Recommended level to train: 46 ~ 53

Dead Scarecrows (Level 50)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Scarecrow
    Opinion: If you're looking for decent exp, these things are the mobs to kill. The downsides are that the map isn't brilliant and it's fairly crowded. I've never needed Scarecrows but it is still worth the mention. High mobility classes are more favoured here.
    Recommended level to train: 35 ~ 54

Pixie Trio (Levels 50 ~ 54)
    Map: Orbis: Cloud Park VI or Orbis: Cloud Park V
    Opinion: The maps are pretty large with decent spawn. The money is pretty nice there as well. I've never used this area personally, but I've heard positive things in the past, making it a worthwhile mention.
    Recommended level to train: 40 ~ 48

Copper Drake (Level 50)
    Map: Swamp: Silent Swamp
    Opinion: The map for this area is very nice. Simple, and easy. With a warp straight to the top of the map it makes for ideal training. Commonly when I go here there are others around in the area, so be wary of that. The minimum level limit for this area has been removed, so under level 50s can go in now.
    Recommended level to train: 40 ~ 56

Twisted Jester (Level 70)
    Map: Haunted House: Toy Room
    Opinion: You can go here as early as level 46 if you wanted, however only go this low if you're funded. They can pack a punch at low levels so bring plenty of potions. I only recommend the Toy Room at this low level, as the chimney would be really bad will all the miss rates and you'd be ksed out in no time.
    Recommended level to train: 46 ~ 75

Levels 50 ~ 60

Malaysia
    Map: General Maps in Malaysia (Level 45 ~ 56) (Malaysia: Trend Zone Metropolis and onwards)
    Opinion: Continuing on from previous. Malaysia really slacks soon after early 50s so I wouldn't stay for too long.
    Recommended level to train: 46 ~ 53

Adult Kitties (Cellion, Lioner, Grupin (Level 46))
    Map: Stairway to the Sky 1
    Opinion: Again, just a continuation of the previous section. I recommend leaving Kitties in the early stages of 5X.
    Recommended level to train: 42 ~ 52

Dead Scarecrows (Level 50)
    Map: Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Scarecrow
    Opinion: As boring and crowded as this map is it is well worth a mention due to the broken exp. Don't hang around here longer than you have to.
    Recommended level to train: 42 ~ 54

Copper Drake (Level 50)
    Map: Swamp: Silent Swamp
    Opinion: Still a good map to be in during the 5Xs. I'd imagine it would slow down rather quickly, so move on if it becomes too slow for you.
    Recommended level to train: 40 ~ 56

Chryse (Quests and Monsters)
    Map: General Maps of Chryse (Levels 55 ~ 62) (Floating Island of Chryse: Road to Chryse and onwards)
    Opinion: Since it's update, Chryse is a whole lot better. Now that I've been there myself, the concentration of mobs in the map is fairly decent, and when better offensive skills come to you in 3rd job the killing becomes a lot more effective. Killing the boss at the end, Xerxes, is definitely a great source of exp for these levels and the job specific weapons, if you can get one, are very good. Due to being able to skip all the quests now, it's a lot easier to jump straight to the better maps.
    Recommended level to train: 55 ~ 67

Toy Trojans (Level 67)
    Map: Ludibrium: Sky Terrace <5> or Ludibrium: Cloud Terrace <5>
    Opinion: I can only judge on Sky Terrace <5> as I've not been to the Cloud Terrace side. The map is relatively flat with a total of 3 main platforms. The spawn is very good and Trojans are fairly fast to they dash to you quite well. Picking up items will hinder your exp gain. Since the initial creation of this guide, Toy Trojans have been bumped up 10 levels. Their map is still amazing, and likewise with their spawn, so if you're in the area it's well worth the visit.
    Recommended level to train: 55 ~ 70

Twisted Jesters (Level 70)
    Map: Haunted House: Toy Room, Haunted House: Toy Room [2], Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Clown
    Opinion: Jesters are amazing. Easy mode from 50 ~ 80. Toy Room is much more ideal until 3rd job because 2nd job lacks area filled powerful attacks. Toy Room is also less crowded and more friendly to lower mobility classes. Expect to get KSed at peak times or on popular servers.
    Recommended level to train: 46 ~ 75/82. 75 in Toy Room and 82 in Chimney.

~~Third Job Advancement~~

Levels 60 ~ 70

Toy Trojans (Level 67)
    Map: Ludibrium: Sky Terrace <5> or Ludibrium: Cloud Terrace <5>
    Opinion: Same as in the previous section. Trojans are pretty nice to get to level 70 on due to a fair amount of exp per kill and decent spawn/map. With 3rd job skills available at this point, more powerful skills are available to wipe the map clean, making the overall exp gain a whole lot better. Due to there being a lot of mobs on this map, it's more ideal if you can zip about the map quickly, and/or are able to attack large areas of the map at once.
    Recommended level to train: 55 ~ 70

Chryse (Quests and Monsters)
    Map: General Maps of Chryse (Levels 55 ~ 62) (Floating Island of Chryse: Road to Chryse and onwards)
    Opinion: Now that you have access to 3rd job skills, you're probably able to kill Xerxes by this point. I recommend killing him as he nets a nice amount of exp and, potentially, will give you some nice items.

Voodoo/Hoodoo (Level 60)
    Map: Haunted House: Sophilia's Bedroom [3]
    Opinion: Both spawn here. From what I've heard it's fairly decent after coming from Scarecrows and it saves travelling. Probably a better choice to go to than Twisted Jester's Toy Room if you're on very populated servers or during peak times, including 2x Exp events.
    Recommended level to train: 52 ~ 70

Robos (Level 61) and Master Robos (Level 63)
    Map: General Toy Factory Maps (Ludibrium: Toy Factory <Main Process 1> and onwards/backwards)
    Opinion: I've never been to their maps for levelling however I have heard good things about them. The meso drops are pretty nice at Robos and the maps seem nice and flat. I can't really say much as I've not been there. Personally, I'd say if you've travelled all the way to Ludi and are at Robos, move to Toy Trojans soon. They have a better spawn and a better map.

Omega Sector
    Map: General Omega Sector Areas (Levels 65 ~ 71) (Omega Sector and onwards)
    Opinion: Upon looking for an Angelic Blessing Recipe I've found that the Boswell fields are very nice maps! Loads of spawn, good drops and potentially an AB Recipe to boot! The amount of quests available in the Omega Sector are awesome too. Boswell Field maps should be better than Kulan Field maps due to those flying aliens, but it's not like it's the only training spot there.
    Recommended level to train: 60 ~ 74

Map: Haunted House: Toy Room, Haunted House: Toy Room [2], Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Clown
    Opinion: Jesters give 1325 exp per kill and your levelling gets faster as you hit better. That's all there is to it really. They're amazing. 60 - 70 is when you'll be hitting them much better and, hopefully, getting some decent gear so killing them faster is another bonus. Really though, by level 60 you should be at the Toy Room. With 3rd job skills you'll be able to pack enough punch to kill effectively in a Chimney map, so if possible try to look for one. Server/Class permitting.

Edelstein Mines (Level 67 ~ 79)
    Map: Edelstein Mine Maps (Verne Mine: Power Plant Security and onwards)
    Opinion: Pretty good maps with reasonable exp yield and map layout. There are plenty of quests for this place too, making it an interesting alternative to the usuals. Hunting for Big Spider familiars is a great way to make some money too.
    Recommended level to train: 63 ~ 82

Levels 70 ~ 80

Opinion: As you can hit them 100% now you can travel to the Chimney Map. Be warned as it is HIGHLY POPULATED. I recommend Toy Rooms over the Chimney Map if your character class doesn't have high mobility (Jump and Speed). If you manage to find an empty Chimney map you're doing well, however expect to get many MANY visitors. Asking to share the Chimney map is not a bad idea too.

Omega Sector
    Map: General Omega Sector Areas (Levels 65 ~ 71) (Omega Sector and onwards)
    Opinion: I'm presuming Omega Sector is still okay until mid 70s.
    Recommended level to train: 60 ~ 74

Sand Rats (Level 77)
    Map: Sunset Road: Sahel 1
    Opinion: I've never trained there myself but the map seems pretty solid as it's flat with a decent spawn. Definitely worth the mention.
    Recommended level to train: 70 ~ 80

Edelstein Mines (Level 67 ~ 79)
    Map: Edelstein Mine Maps (Verne Mine: Power Plant Security and onwards)
    Opinion: I've been there once or twice and it's reasonably good exp, decent spawns and not terrible maps. There are plenty of quests to do within the mine and they all add on a nice amount of exp.
    Recommended level to train: 63 ~ 82

Iron Mutae (Level 83)
    Map: Alcadno Research Institute: Lab - Area B-3
    Opinion: Great map. Reasonably flat with great spawn. They will hit you rather hard early on though, so pack lots of potions if your class uses them. The pillars in the map will obscure your vision, so be wary of that. Some 3rd job skills will shield you from harm, either by attacking them from higher platforms or raising your defences a bit.
    Recommended level to train: 75 ~ 85

Roid (Level 88) and Neo Huroid (Level 89)
    Map: Alcadno Research Institute: Lab - Area C-2
    Opinion: Even better than Iron Mutae, however it's a bit more crowded and they pack a harder punch earlier on. Probably not better to go here so soon, but it's still a great map well worth the mention this early for more funded players.
    Recommended level to train: 79 ~ 90

Levels 80 ~ 90

Opinion: Still a beastly option. Jesters are just that broken. You should be killing them much faster now so the Chimney becomes a viable option. If you're a low mobility class then training elsewhere could be more profitable.

Guard Robot L (Level 79)
    Map: Verne Mine: Shaft 4
    Opinion: I'm presuming it's still an option, however only for the early half of 80s to 90s.
    Recommended level to train: 75 ~ 82

Scorpions (Level 81) and Sand Rats (Level 77)
    Map: Sunset Road: Sahel 2
    Opinion: Just like Sahel 1 but with another, better monster. Nice flat map with decent spawn. If you're in this area though, I'd recommend moving to Roids sooner rather than later.
    Recommended level to train: 75 ~ 82

Mu Lung Practice Fields (Level 82 ~ 83)
    Map: Mu Lung Practice Fields (Mu Lung: Practice Field: Beginner and onwards)
    Opinion: I've heard good things but not been there properly myself. The maps are relatively flat, which is nice. If you're in the area then it's worth the training, however Roids are a better choice.
    Recommended level to train: 77 ~ 83

Mu Lung Wild Bear Areas
    Map: Mu Lung: Wild Bear Areas 1, 2 and 3 (Level 85 ~ 90)
    Opinion: Grizzly drops Chaos Scrolls, which is a good plus to going to this area, however if you're not then Roids would be lots better.
    Recommended level to train: 80 ~ 90

Iron Mutae (Level 83)
    Map: Alcadno Research Institute: Lab - Area B-3
    Opinion: Same as the section before. You'll be hitting better now, and they'll be hitting less, but better to move onto Roids by this time.
    Recommended level to train: 75 ~ 85

Opinion: Same as the previous section. Expect to spend a lot of time here.

Selkie Jr. (Level 90) and Slimy (Level 93)
    Map: Mysterious Path 3 (Mp3)
    Opinion: Superb map, especially for high mobility mobbers. Expect to get Ksed here if you're not too mobile. Coming with a friend or in a small party is most ideal, or if you're amazing at clearing the map.
    Recommended level to train: 85 ~ 105

Ghost Ship Monsters (Level 90 ~ 98)
    Map: Singapore: Ghost Ship 1, 2, 5, and 6
    Opinion: Probably a better option earlier on and if you're low mobility or on your own. The maps here are reasonably good. 2 platforms with a nice spawn. Picking up items won't hinder your exp gain either.

Alien Cog (Level 90) & Alien Miner (Level 95)
    Map: Alien Base: Alien Base Corridor 5 or Alien Base: Alien Base Corridor 6
    Opinion: You can't enter these maps unless you get warped in or can warp in yourself. This place is amazing exp. At 3000 exp a kill, it's perfect to get to 110 for Lion Heart Castle and beyond. People stay here till up to level 130, but doing so is rather stupid. Level 120 should be the max level you stay here. INSANELY CROWDED. If you're on a popluated server, almost forget this place completely. Corridor 6 is what you should aim for, but if it really is packed, Corridor 5 is a nice map too.
    Recommended level to train: 80 ~ 130

Levels 90 ~ 100

Sage Cat (Level 95)
    Map: Mu Lung: Goblin Forest 2
    Opinion: Very nice map, two rows of spawn, nice drops, decent exp. I was here a lot Pre-BB. They deal a fair bit of damage but it's pretty tolerable, especially as potion costs are virtually non-existent. If you're in the area it's worth going. I'm sure no one uses it as well, so you don't need to worry about being Ksed ever.
    Recommended level to train: 90 ~ 100

Opinion: Very nice map, dubbed as boring though. Decent exp and fair money drops. Picking up will effect your training speed. HIGHLY POPULATED and Ksers are everywhere here, so be prepared if you go there. You also could be missing a lot due to their broken avoid rates.

Ghost Ship Monsters (Level 90 ~ 98)
    Map: Singapore: Ghost Ship 1, 2, 5, and 6
    Opinion: A slower, possibly better (Job dependant) alternative to Mp3. Deserted compared to Mp3 as well, and that is never a bad thing. Maps have 2 platforms of monsters, generally connected by a stairway at either end of the maps. Decent spawns and exp, however, as said before, slower than Mp3 in most cases. Same issue with accuracy applies.
    Recommended level to train: 85 ~ 105[/I]

Gallopera (Level 94)
    Map: Malaysia: Entrance to the Spooky World
    Opinion: I've yet to train there myself however I've heard it's really good, decent spawn, and nice items as well. Somewhat populated and people going to Scar/Targa run will most likely Ks you as they have nothing better to do. Avoid rates are broken here, so you'll probably be missing a fair chunk till mid 80s.
    Recommended level to train: 90 ~ 105

Opinion: Still a viable option. Wouldn't recommend staying for longer than you have to.

Kru (Level 103) and Captain (Level 105)
    Map: Herb Town: Red-Nose Pirate Den 2
    Opinion: A lovely map. Den 2 is incredible for Mages and higher mobility classes and mobbers alike. Relatively deserted, especially since Aliens were released.
    Recommended level to train: 90 ~ 120

Death Teddy (Level 112)
    Map: Ludibrium: Forgotten Path of Time <3>
    Opinion: Can't say I've been there personally but it's been recommended and worth a mention. Fairly decent drops too. They're also Fire and Holy weak, so Clerics, F/Ps and Evans can make use of that. If you're in the area then it's worth going here, but there are better options.
    Recommended level to train: 107 ~ 112

Opinion: Every other person can get in now, upon completing the quest series. Like what I said in the previous section, this place is beyond crowded. If you can't get a Corridor 6 map, Corridor 5 is a nice alternative due to population, but ideally you'd want a Corridor 6 map. Avoid at all costs on populated servers.
    Recommended level to train: 80/90 ~ 130

~~Fourth Job Advancement~~

Levels 100 ~ 110

Gallopera (Level 94)
    Map: Malaysia: Entrance to the Spooky World
    Opinion: I presume that Gallos are still reasonably good until about 103 or so.
    Recommended level to train: 90 ~ 105

Opinion: Still okay, but I wouldn't recommend staying longer than about 103 as it really isn't worth the hassle of Ksers.

Opinion: Excellent area for exp, good flat map, nice drops and decent meso range. The spawn rate isn't bad either. Since Aliens have been in the game, this map is pretty much deserted. Except maybe during 2x exp. Some classes can stick it out till 120 without much problem at all, but if it slows for you there are alternatives... Like Aliens... With 4th job skills being available to you at this point, you can probably easily leave this area and head to Lion Heart Castle (LHC) at 110. With an additional 34 SP by this point your skills should easily be enough to kill there.
    Recommended level to train: 95 ~ 120

Captains (Level 105)
    Map: Captains Mini Dungeon
    Opinion: Not as good as Pirate Den 2 but still an option during 2x if every other map is full, which is very unlikely. With Chaos Scrolls being a drop, it could be worth the travelling, however due to drops decreasing in frequency when you hit 10 levels above the monster, it probably isn't all that reliable.
    Recommended level to train: 100 ~ 120

Map: Herb Town: Red-Nose Pirate Den 3
    Opinion: I'm honestly not a fan of this map. It's not as good as Pirate Den 2 or the Mini Dungeon but it is still worth the mention. Sniping platforms are available, however it's really not a brilliant map.

Dual Ghost Pirate (Level 114)
    Map: Hidden Street: Unbalanced Time
    Opinion: Acceptable place to train. They pack a punch, and you'll probably miss a fair bit eariler on. As you level they'll deal less damage and you'll be hitting better too.
    Recommended level to train: 105/110 ~ 120. 105 for bulkier classes.

Opinion: Likewise with the section above. Corridor 6 is better, but 5 is good if it's too crowded or full. Avoid on fuller servers.

Levels 110 ~ 120

Opinion: Easily a viable option still. By this level you should either get to 120 on Aliens, or join a LHC party. Some classes are okay to stick Den 2 out till 120 though, like F/P and I/L Mages.
    Recommended level to train: 95 ~ 120

Captains (Level 105)
    Map: Captains Mini Dungeon
    Opinion: Still an option that's available. Pirate Den 2 is more ideal in most class cases.

Map: Herb Town: Red-Nose Pirate Den 3
    Opinion: Again, still an option, though with the Mini Dungeon available I'd go there or to Lion Heart Castle.

Dual Ghost Pirate (Level 114)
    Map: Hidden Street: Unbalanced Time
    Opinion: With Deck Sets out, withstanding hits from these bad boys is a lot easier. It's a very nice place to level, with decent platforms and exp rates. Be prepared to take a beating though.
    Recommended level to train: 105/110 ~ 120. 105 for bulkier classes.

Spirit Viking (Level 119)
    Map: Ludibrium: Warped Path of Time <4>
    Opinion: Nice map for the Archer type classes. Fair spawn, decent drops which won't hinder killing speed, and nice exp. The magic attack damage is overpowered though, so try to kill them quickly.
    Recommended level to train: 115 ~ 120+

Death Teddy (Level 112)
    Map: Ludibrium: Forgotten Path of Time <3>
    Opinion: Again, can't say too much from personal experience. Fire and Holy elements can make use of these chaps till later I'd presume, but really by this level you should move on. Worth the mention.
    Recommended level to train: 107 ~ 112

Crocky the Gatekeeper (Level 115)
    Map: Lion King's Castle: Under the Castle Walls 1
    Opinion: It's Lion Heart Castle (LHC) time! Most classes go here as early as possible because other options get boring. With 4th job skills available, and a whopping 34 SP by 110, you should EASILY be able to handle LHC mobs. The more funded you are, and the more powerful your skills are, the better you'll do. Definitely the place to go for training.
    Recommended level to train: 110+

Opinion: Likewise with the section above. Corridor 6 is better, but 5 is good if it's too crowded or full. Avoid on fuller servers. Really though, by 110 you should be at Lion Heart Castle. Going with friends at LHC is a massive bonus.

Blue Kentaurus, Red Kentaurus and Black Kentaurus (Level 118)
    Map: Areas of Kentaurus (Specific mention: Leafre: The Area of Blue Kentaurus)
    Opinion: I've used these maps a good few times. They're pretty good if your class can move around the map at a good pace and have reasonable recovery or avoid, as they do hit rather hard. I've trained here on both a Marauder and a Dual Blader, and I can say Marauders cannot train there well, but Dual Bladers excel. Class dependent area.
    Recommended level to train: 110 ~ 130

Levels 120 ~ 140

Opinion: Likewise with the section above. Corridor 6 is better, but 5 is good if it's too crowded or full. Avoid on fuller servers. Really though, by 110 you should be at Lion Heart Castle. Going with friends at LHC is a massive bonus. Ideally, you don't want to be here around 110+. LHC is definitely a better option if you can get a party.

Blue Kentaurus, Red Kentaurus and Black Kentaurus (Level 118)
    Map: Areas of Kentaurus (Specific mention: Leafre: The Area of Blue Kentaurus)
    Opinion: A good place to train depending on your class. I recommend going to the Area of Blue Kentaurus since the map is most ideal. Naturally LHC would be better, but if there's a 2x exp event and it's jam packed full, I imagine going to Kents isn't a bad alternative.
    Recommended level to train: 110 ~ 130

Crocky the Gatekeeper (Level 115)
    Map: Lion King's Castle: Under the Castle Walls 1
    Opinion: Be prepared to spend a lot of your levels in this map. I know I have. It's alright though. With a good party, ideally with Holy Symbol and a good amount of attackers, you should be able to get a very nice amount of exp and levels rather quickly. The main downside to this area is that you'll deal with all of Maplestory's morons and idiots with nothing between the ears. I highly recommend going with friends, buddies or guild mates.
    Recommended level to train: 110+

Blue Dragon Turtle (Level 127)
    Map: Leafre: Entrance to Dragon Forest
    Opinion: An alternative to LHC and the other areas. It's not too bad around here. Reasonably flat map, decent mob spawn, okay drops. A downside is the slopes on the map, for some classes, and how hard these things can hit. It's not too bad, but come prepared for a beating.
    Recommended level to train: 120 ~ 140

Red Dragon Turtle (Level 128)
    Map: Leafre: Dragon Forest I
    Opinion: Personally, I like this area better than Blue Dragon Turtles. The map layout is a bit better I find, and there's not so much slopes to hinder your movements. That said, these guys do hit a bit harder, so be prepared for that.
    Recommended level to train: 120 ~ 140

Rexton (Level 131)
    Map: Leafre: Dragon Forest II
    Opinion: I've not honestly been there long myself, but with elemental weaknesses to poison and lightning it can be good. The map layout seems alright too, but overall LHC is better.
    Recommended level to train: 126 ~ 145

Brexton (Level 133)
    Map: Leafre: Dragon Forest III
    Opinion: Likewise with Rexton, I've not honestly been here long, if at all, so I can't say much. The map seems good though. Aside from the elemental strengths to fire, it seems like a viable place to train. Naturally, again, LHC would be better.
    Recommended level to train: 128 ~ 145

Reindeer (Level 118)
    Map: Lion King's Castle: Under the Castle Walls 2
    Opinion: Alternative to Crockys. Not half as good, and you need to complete a string of quests to even enter, but if there's 2x exp going on and Crockys are packed, Reindeers are an alright alternative.
    Recommended level to train: 118/120+

Levels 140 ~ 160

**~~ This section is still a work in progress. Information about the Knight Stronghold will be very brief as I've not gotten used to the area or been there often myself. ~~**
    Last edited by Phazonkirby; 9th December 2012 at 02:48 AM.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    This is a quick guide for training on monsters from levels 1 ~ 200.
    Scrolling down.

Great guide, Lex. Love the formatting and colour codes.

Thanks => Used the term quick rather lightly XD I'll definitely be asking for assistance on Future Henesys (As I forgot when you can enter... 160 I think but I don't want to get it wrong) and Knight Stronghold especially. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it though =>
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Thunder God

You need to remove the King Pepes. They now give 0 Exp. (My favorite 35-70 spot... Gone..)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    You need to remove the King Pepes. They now give 0 Exp. (My favorite 35-70 spot... Gone..)
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?! No... Surely not... I'm going to test this before I log off.... That would suck so bad if they really did that...
    Spoiler!

My art blog

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?! No... Surely not... I'm going to test this before I log off.... That would suck so bad if they really did that...
    It's the truth

Spoiler!

Alas' the exp bonus was removed with the DB / Pirate revamp, if I remember correctly.
    Feel like a terribad pro right now. Scrolling through and looking for 140+ training spots, which you haven't added yet. :3
    Looking great, Lex.

140+ you're at LHC, or SH past 165 with a party; 175+ ish without a premade party (assuming your server is relatively big and has open parties during 2x and such). Pretty much everywhere else is going to be slow.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    140+ you're at LHC, or SH past 165 with a party; 175+ ish without a premade party (assuming your server is relatively big and has open parties during 2x and such). Pretty much everywhere else is going to be slow.
    I just wish they would tone it back to like in KMS, I get tired of dealing with parties where someone does 2k more per hit than I do and insta kick me.

I'm so excited when you finish lvl 140-160, because I have no where else to train besides lhc :<