Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stupid people are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    you can use specimen. it has been used before. saying you can't use specimen is like telling a brit they can't use the word "bloody" because it's not in use in the same way in america. don't be ignorant please.
    Okay, so assuming she used it right, I don't think anyone would understand since she didn't mention what kind of specimen. Though she used it correctly, no one really understands unless you assume she actually means a specimen of the human race. She only used the word specimen, not having previously mention any other information.

Despite it being correct (according to Email), I think she should have said a little more regarding this "specimen" since over here in the US, it is usually used as a noun to refer to something previously established in a scientific and not as a stand-alone noun. Personally I think she had the chance to use better words in this case (like creature, human, person, etc) but didn't simply because she wanted to use the word "specimen".
    by Cryopon

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

rant

Bull****.

The word "specimen" comes from the same word root as "spectacle" or "spectator." It is, literally, a thing to be viewed.

Stop confusing connotations with definitions.

/rant

Move back to topic. Is facebook any good?

Facebook will always remain the same, after the timeline change everything sux after that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    rant

Bull****.

The word "specimen" comes from the same word root as "spectacle" or "spectator." It is, literally, a thing to be viewed.

Stop confusing connotations with definitions.

/rant

Move back to topic. Is facebook any good?

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Okay, so assuming she used it right, I don't think anyone would understand since she didn't mention what kind of specimen. Though she used it correctly, no one really understands unless you assume she actually means a specimen of the human race. She only used the word specimen, not having previously mention any other information.

Despite it being correct (according to Email), I think she should have said a little more regarding this "specimen" since over here in the US, it is usually used as a noun to refer to something previously established in a scientific and not as a stand-alone noun. Personally I think she had the chance to use better words in this case (like creature, human, person, etc) but didn't simply because she wanted to use the word "specimen".
    I understood what she said just fine. Similar phrases are used in shows and movies all the time.

"You're a magnificent specimen" ect.

Back to the topic at hand before it turned into a couple dozen posts about if Kag used specimen correctly, have you blocked/deleted these stupid people yet Blank?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Back to the topic at hand before it turned into a couple dozen posts about if Kag used specimen correctly, have you blocked/deleted these stupid people yet Blank?
    Yes he has. So the problem was actually solved long ago.
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Yes he has. So the problem was actually solved long ago.
    100% truth.

was just trying to point out that people shouldn't ignore facts due to hate blinders.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

what was that about people being stupid on the internet?

Spoiler!