Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Democracy

Default Democracy

This is a real thread. I'm wondering if it will be a possible write in to have a vote ban on members of the forum. I know we are already small, however, there are a few people who only add negative aspects to our community and we would be better off without them here. Anyway, just need admin input on this or possibly just a mass forum agreement so the admins know we are srs

Should be a 2/3rds majority yes vote.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Fair enough.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Instead of outright banning, I'd rather have a 'blocked from certain threads/areas' sort of approach to it. That way it would limit potential bombshells of negative stuff (At least that's what makes sense in my head).
    Spoiler!

My art blog

You can't just be banned because the majority of the forum doesn't like you. It's quite injustice especially if you haven't broken the rules to get banned.
    by Cryopon

This should be in a section where only mods/admins could see, and no one else

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I don't like the idea of banning someone if they haven't technically broken rules. I know a lot is left up to mod/admin discretion though, so idk...

Spoiler!

I think bulma should be banned from the chatbox, only so other users aren't exposed to his potentially mind blowing statements and the fact that you might die from laughing so hard.
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

It would make more sense to ban me from the actual forum proper. The chatbox fades in 168 hours, and is forgotten, like a bad dream.

if I understand this, as I think I do, this is a trainwreck of an idea. Not bashing you, but it is. But hey, almost all of my ideas are bad. Vote to get members banned? How long would the vote last? How many need to vote exactly?
    Say.. as an example, I want Omar to be banned. (I don't.) I speak up, and post a "vote" to get him banned. Omar has pissed off kag, so s/he votes. bulma votes too, because s/he is just a mean person.
    That's 3 votes, but not everybody voted that was active, or just ignored it. So does that mean 3/3 votes said ban, so he gets banned / whatever punishment this system does? "That's not the whole community.."
    The thing is, a lot of the members on here come and go very often, so you can't get consistent results. And besides, a lot of the people don't really care enough to "vote ban" other members. Like you said, this is a small community. All people really need is a good "slap" if they get out of line. Maybe a few day suspension, like kag / bulma got. And then we have what appear to be "serious votes" but are jokes. Because this isn't a serious community, not at all.
    email votes to ban me, barelyawake jumps in, and nobody else gives a **** enough to vote. Then what? Do I get banned for no reason? Is it dismissed?

This is just a generally bad idea. Someone do something wrong? Report them. Just get annoyed by them? ignore/list them. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Wyatt; 3rd November 2012 at 06:15 AM.