Thread: just started again

Beginner

Default just started again

i just started playing again, lvl 14x drk in khaini, last time played was before when ht come out
    anyone can suggest equips and weapon i can afford for 300-500m total? i dont have any equips/weapon, did nexon take the old zhelm?
    how do people scroll items now? there are so many type of scrolls, potential scroll to get epic/unique -> normal scroll -> enhancement scroll?
    is it worth getting nx to buy pet for item looting or should i just selectively loot when item/scroll drops?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dk7 View Post
    i just started playing again, lvl 14x drk in khaini, last time played was before when ht come out
    anyone can suggest equips and weapon i can afford for 300-500m total? i dont have any equips/weapon, did nexon take the old zhelm?
    how do people scroll items now? there are so many type of scrolls, potential scroll to get epic/unique -> normal scroll -> enhancement scroll?
    is it worth getting nx to buy pet for item looting or should i just selectively loot when item/scroll drops?
    thanks
    Well firstly, welcome back. The game's kind of gone to hell since a damn long time ago, but I still play and enjoy (?) the game to an extent. I'll give you a real quick rundown of what you're asking for. Feel free to post more questions if you get confused.

1. For equipment the only way to stay "competitive" is to either dump a **** ton of time into the game merchanting for meso so you can buy good gear, or dump a metric ton of cash on NX to make your own. For your price range I'd say you could readily purchase a set of level 90 equipment with a bit of %STR on them, which is what you want to aim for. If possible aim for 6% STR per armour item. I'm not too sure on Spears/PAs because I don't play one myself, but I think aiming for a 130+ attack spear is realistic (correct me if I'm wrong) and feasible. Mostly %STR buffs you by a lot. Rings and such are kind of expensive last time I checked (the ones worth getting are generally 100+m each), so you might want to hold off on those for now. As for zHelms, there are new Zak Helmets that are required level 100 called Chaos Zakum Helmets which drop from a harder version of Zakum. There's also Scarlion and Targa helmets which give more stats than zHelms but have a higher level req (level 80). I think they are expensive ATM because the NX:Meso ratio is broken as **** and so SoKs cost a lot.

2. Here's a quick explanation of the potential system: http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...L-SYSTEM-GUiDE There are some mistakes in it because it's out dated (New cubes, etc), but it will give you a good idea of what the system is about.

3. Scrolling is still the same as before, except now you can prevent slots from being taken with certain items (White Scroll, Pam's Song, etc) and you can prevent items from breaking from Dark scrolls (or any scroll that breaks upon failure like Potential scrolls and Equipment Enhancement scrolls). If you're talking about just scrolling and not potentialing/"cubing" (see link above for "cubes"), you have to have "0 slots available to upgrade" on an item to use Equipment Enhancement (EE) scrolls. These add random stats to armour (literally anything that's already on there, minus attack), and more attack to weapons. This is also explained in the Potential System Guide I linked to.

4. Most high leveled people will spend a bit of NX at some point, though this obviously has exceptions. As for autopet I would say yes, and also grab auto buff (automatically casts 1 buff all the time) and auto HP/MP potion (automatically uses HP and MP potions when you hit a certain % of your maximum HP/MP). Since Berserk works whenever you're above 30% HP now, it's perfect with Auto HP. Auto HP also tends to bypass potion lag, since it's server-sided.

If you're not ready to more or less dedicate your life to this game or be incredibly bored with it (I chose the second one), I'd recommend you don't bother, unless you have a tight group of friends playing together. There's a lot of great MMORPGs out there that aren't pay-to-win and are much less grindy. Have you considered Guild Wars 2?
    Last edited by emailbox; 25th November 2012 at 12:34 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

Thx for the reply
    Played for few days, apparently khaini is kinda dead, stuffs are expensive too,
    I'm not really looking to get the godly-est equips,just normal equips is fine since I figure I prolly get bored in few weeks, but I can't find decent scrolled items in free market, no 6% str top/bottom or weapon.
    All I see are those lionheart spear/pa that cost 200-300m-ish but I cant use becoz of the dex req, loveless spear/pa for 500m+ (can't afford). I read on forum about using purple surfboard for budget weapon, but the only one in fm are scrolled and cost like 2b. Should i get chaos pink bean suit/hat?they cost 300m each,so I can only afford either hat or suit. Currently using mesoranger suit and hat, donkey balloon, 8atk wg, and 131 pa.
    I searched and read some dark knight guide,but most are about skill Point and training location guide,barely any discussion about equipments

Yeah I don't recommend getting gear that's going to cost you 300+m a piece, it's not really worth it unless you're willing to drop a few billion meso on clean gear. From what I know right now, the best set of items you can get and scroll is the Lionheart set (level 140), but these costs like 100+m a piece. Try looking for level 80-100 items that are clean with 3-6% STR. Scrolled items are going to be super expensive because most people cube before they scroll (with White Scrolls and Protection Scrolls you can easily make perfectly scrolled equipment; the cubing is the hard part).

Purple Surfboards are popular because they're a Fast speed PA, but if you've already got a decent PA there's no point in getting another one. I would recommend you focus on getting %STR on your armour, then going for a better weapon.

The DEX requirement for the Lionheart set is going to be removed in a few days with the Tempest patch, so if you really want them you can buy them.

Edit: Speaking of the Tempest Patch, you can get some really good items if you participate in the events and get coins. The coin shop this time around is going to have a number of good armour items, which you might want to go for.
    Last edited by emailbox; 27th November 2012 at 10:34 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200