Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mistakened Age

I do not have a "baby face" exactly, but I still look really young (I'm 20 and people often mistake me for being ~16.) I actually think looking younger is a good thing. Yes I get carded every single time I buy smokes and when I'm 21 I guarantee I'll be carded for drinks every time as well. I would rather look younger than look older, so when I'm 40 I won't look old lol.

Just my opinion.
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Sometimes I'm not IDed for entering bars or buying alcohol, and sometimes I'm carded when going to R movies.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post

yeah i got id'd the last time i went to a ******. we were doing a family dinner and we all needed to use the toilet badly after like a 3 hour car ride and the closest one was inside the ******. they not only id'd me but scanned my drivers license to confirm that it was real, lol.
    How the hell did that make any sense, They let me in just because I'm ugly.. wat?

Yea people don't trust you so they have to double-check your ID, the people did not bother asking me when I entered the ******

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    I've been in this situation up until I hit 6'3''.

The only way to bypass it would be clothing style+hair style. It's different for girls, but for guys, the more professional you look, the older people assume you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    When I was 12 people thought I was 16 because of my height. The height i took from my aunt, that was from her. Maybe you should change your clothing in something more mature. I only wore a shirt and jeans all my years of living
    well that's why i went into detail for what i wore on Thanksgiving, it wasn't just a t-shirt and blue jeans, lol. bc frankly even when i wear "nice" or "professional" clothing, i still get the same reaction/outcome

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

I wouldn't recommend wearing make-up unless it's a small amount or subtle or somewhere along those lines. From my personal view, a lot of younger children (about 12 and so) wear make-up to look older, and they definitely do not and in fact look more immature for doing so (at least in my opinion).

I can't really offer great advices. But I'll just post some of my suggestions.

One, assuming you don't already (which I'm sure you do), you can try speaking like an older person, or use bigger vocabulary. It might not be too noticeable, but it might help with some people.
    Two, already said and tried: dressing maturely or professional. I'm not sure what kind of clothes you should wear to fit this since I'm a guy and not into fashion.
    Three, Wear something that indicates you're old(er). My sister doesn't quite have a baby face (but still young looking), but her body frame (petite) and height (four feet, eleven inches I think, I THINK) would usually leave the same impression you get. She somehow leaves her College ID card dangling from her pockets. That should pretty much tell anybody that you're older than you look. She also has a small stungun and pepper spray on her. If that doesn't say old(er), I don't know what will.

I'm not sure if this fits here, but my older sister has this mature air about her. Despite her body frame and height, she emits a sociable aura and confidence whenever she speaks and/or does something. I'm not sure if this is something you could consciously do, but I'll just leave this here. She's nineteen years old, so not too different from your/our age group.

Hope I gave some sort of meaningful advice/suggestions. Good luck Grace!
    by Cryopon

a dumbass baby

I always get mistaken for a high school senior at work. It's so annoying.

I've actually forced myself to class up my wardrobe so I don't get told that I'm late for class.

Banned

I will say for my age confusion, people assume I am 18 because of my demeanor of being "energetic" and "playful." Despite how I honestly am, it's the exterior that everyone judges and assumes, not the interior.

If you heard my voice you'd think I'm 19-20. I'm 15
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    If you heard my voice you'd think I'm 19-20. I'm 15
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

And I'm not good at Morgan Freeman impressions either.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.