Thread: ELAN Touchpad Gestures on Startup

Default ELAN Touchpad Gestures on Startup

Hey guys. Back in this section again.

So my computer comes equipped with an ELAN touchpad plus associated software, and I've a couple of gestures enabled. Most notable of them are two-finger tap for middle click and edge scrolling. I use them pretty frequently and have found them really useful, but recently I've encountered a problem.

One time I used my touchpad (since I normally have a mouse connected), and noticed that the gestures didn't work. I went in and checked the settings and they were all enabled, so I OK'd out of them and checked again and it was all working fine.

Now after a bit of messing about, I've come to the conclusion that my touchpad gestures no longer enable on startup. However, if I enter the options and exit out of them again (without the need of checking or changing any options), it suddenly starts working again.

Anyone got any ideas on this? I don't think there's any other software interfering, and I've checked all the startup services in MSConfig. Coincidentally, the only thing I can think of that could cause this problem was when I accidentally hit "disable all" on the startup items in MSConfig, but I reenabled them all after (and everything but my touchpad gestures seems to work on startup). Any ideas? System restore? Would rather not reformat. Help appreciated.

I would try a system restore.

Are you using a wireless USB mouse?

Have you considered / tried re-installing the software for the touchpad? I didn't read in your post that you've tired that ye. That's a good starting point, I believe.