Thread: Heart Rate

Default Heart Rate

alright so i have a question,

should i do anything if my heart rate goes over the maximum heart rate? yesterday i was using the elliptical machine at the gym, and after a 30 minute workout, the summary said my maximum heart rate hit 210. and i felt a little bit worried because i think i saw a chart on a different machine where you're only supposed to go up to like 170 if you're around the age of 20. &this isn't the first time I've hit over the 200s, but it's the highest 2xx I've ever hit. so i was wondering if there's something wrong or if i should see a doctor.

i consulted google. a couple of different sites gave me this formula where you would subtract your age from 220 [bpm] to get your maximum heart rate. my max from that would be 202...and that for optimal exercise you need to keep your heart rate between 60% and 85% of your theoretical maximum. (so around 160-170 bpm for me); but i'm hitting over 100% of my theoretical maximum, and i read somewhere that Olympic athletes work to 95% of their theoretical maximum.... and i'm definitely not an olympic athlete lol. however i go to the gym everyday, use the elliptical machine or treadmill, lift weights (15 - 17.5 lbs), use other leg machine things, and do ab work. and i've been doing this for months so it's not like a new routine or anything.

so should i do anything? also i supposedly have sports-induced asthma, but i don't use my inhaler unless i'm doing outdoor exercise.

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

If it's to your regular body heart beat after exercising I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone's different, so if it's natural to you then... Yeah. You can get it checked if you want at the doctors if you're worried about it though =>
    Spoiler!

My art blog

See a physician and get your pulse and blood pressure tested by a real machine designed for it instead of trusting the elliptical. If your blood pressure is too high(as high blood pressure can affect your pulse) you might want to watch your sodium contents in your diet. If you exercise regularly then maybe you should try a different routine and make the workouts a little lighter.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Do you feel intensely tired after working out?

Also, if the numbers you gave are correct, then as Omar said, I probably wouldn't trust the machine.
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    See a physician and get your pulse and blood pressure tested by a real machine designed for it instead of trusting the elliptical. If your blood pressure is too high(as high blood pressure can affect your pulse) you might want to watch your sodium contents in your diet. If you exercise regularly then maybe you should try a different routine and make the workouts a little lighter.
    the last time my blood pressure was tested, it fell in the normal range (this was like the middle of summer). and i think i already eat fairly well. at least 1 salad a day, and i watch starchy food intake amount, etc.
    and if i go lighter i feel like i'm not doing very much/sweating enough haha

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Do you feel intensely tired after working out?

Also, if the numbers you gave are correct, then as Omar said, I probably wouldn't trust the machine.
    no i don't feel intensely tired. and i rarely feel sore. a friend of mine says she's always sore from working out...but she has like 0 muscle (a stick).
    and it's happened multiple times as i said, on different machines

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    alright so i have a question,

should i do anything if my heart rate goes over the maximum heart rate? yesterday i was using the elliptical machine at the gym, and after a 30 minute workout, the summary said my maximum heart rate hit 210.

How heavy is your breathing? Are you sweating a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    How heavy is your breathing? Are you sweating a lot?
    umm i guess pretty heavy, since i don't use my inhaler for this indoor stuff. and decently sweating. like sweat runs down my face constantly, but my shirt isn't soaked.

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    the last time my blood pressure was tested, it fell in the normal range (this was like the middle of summer). and i think i already eat fairly well. at least 1 salad a day, and i watch starchy food intake amount, etc.
    and if i go lighter i feel like i'm not doing very much/sweating enough haha
    Still if your pulse is going that high you definitely should go see a physician. That is dangerously high.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Based on the fact that you have respiratory issues and currently breathe hard during work out, I would assume that the heart is increasing its rate of beating to try to pump more blood and oxygen through your body.

I'm not a medical doctor.

I think you should think about some good and trusted ways to treat it. For example, take a look at the prescription allergy medications online from there. I am pretty sure that you will find it interesting and working to you. Make sure that you talk to your doctor before taking any meds. Good luck!