Thread: What wireless adapter would you recommend to buy in order to play MapleStory?

Default What wireless adapter would you recommend to buy in order to play MapleStory?

Currently, my wireless adapter is really bad, because it causes me to have network lags in-game and I am thinking if I buy a better wireless adapter, perhaps there will be less lag in-game as well. What wireless adapters would you guys/girls recommend?

Like the ones where you plug into your computer and grants you access to wifi? I've been using this for about a year or two now and it's serving me well.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfKOTOKO View Post
    Like the ones where you plug into your computer and grants you access to wifi? I've been using this for about a year or two now and it's serving me well.
    Yes, the one where you plug into your computer and connect to your wireless network. How far away is your desktop/laptop from the wireless router?

I used a belkin. Not sure of the model name but it was a simple USB stick. Right now I have a Cisco. I'm upstairs and router is downstairs and I get good DL/UL times.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousmon View Post
    Yes, the one where you plug into your computer and connect to your wireless network. How far away is your desktop/laptop from the wireless router?
    Basically the other side of the house.
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

So, I am looking at the product you suggested. Could you explain what the below feature means?

Backward compatible with 802.11a/g devices at 54Mbps as well as 802.11b products at 11Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by curiousmon View Post
    So, I am looking at the product you suggested. Could you explain what the below feature means?

Backward compatible with 802.11a/g devices at 54Mbps as well as 802.11b products at 11Mbps
    Just means that you'll generally get signal with the thing as long as it's within range.

Just means that you'll generally get signal with the thing as long as it's within range.
    Oh, okay. Thank you.