Thread: Massive lag in town .

Default Massive lag in town .

Hello c: . I came here trying to finally find an awnser to my lag problem in town . Everytime im out of towns , im perfectly fine , no lag no nothing , BUT As soon as i get into any town , i lag out to the point where i cant move in the map . I'm tired of it cause i wanna play MS so bad . Please help me . And My computer runs 'Private servers' fine , so i dont know why it wouldnt run GMS fine ?

Because GMS is coded poorly.

You literally can't do anything besides get a new computer, it's stupid, I know.

Unless Nexon decides to not be horrible for once.

As a temporary solution, try going to towns where Cassandra and the Maple Admin are within buildings. Aqua Road is a good example. I've noticed the lag is considerably less with those NPCs hidden away in other maps.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Or if you have a desktop you have two possible solutions.

1. MORE RAM. MEMORY. Look it up.
    2. A better processor maybe.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Adding more ram is not the solution for most tech problems

I'm guessing you obviously have a better idea.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    I'm guessing you obviously have a better idea.
    I do have a better idea, ditch your computer and steal your parent's computer to play maplestory. But make sure you hide the nexon file, I did it a lot of times before I got my own computer

The game is coded poorly. The reason for the lag is because it loads up (and refreshes every few seconds) the script for Cassandra, Gaga, and the Maple Admin every time you're in a town, and they haven't removed past scripts for past events. This makes the list ridiculously long so unless you've got a SSD or something you're most likely going to lag anywhere from moderately to ridiculously badly. The same thing happens when you load up your Quest menu or Professions tab (assuming you have a profession) as they attempt to load every single quest and recipe (respectively) that's ever existed.

kMS fixed this by removing a lot of outdated data from their clients, but gMS hasn't yet. I think it comes in a later patch. For now you're stuck with laggy-as-**** towns. :|

It's not a computer issue so much as a coding issue by Nexon.

As a side note, several people have encountered lag outside of towns as well when they mob more than 2 monsters (3+). Apparently this is also due to poor coding, and I also get spikes of 0 FPS when I use Boomerang Step occasionally.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I do have a better idea, ditch your computer and steal your parent's computer to play maplestory. But make sure you hide the nexon file, I did it a lot of times before I got my own computer
    Tip of the year 2012.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.