Thread: Looking for some advice; few noob pally questions.^^v

Icon1 Looking for some advice; few noob pally questions.^^v

Heya everyone,

I am completly new to MS. I have decided to level Pally. I am currently lvl 41 (and having blast so far ). i am following few guides so i don't mess up my skills but there are soo many things that i don't know about this game.

1- where can i find my 2nd job (Page) mastery books. i need weapon mastery and few others so i can level them past lvl10. i did some research but all i can find is info about 4th job mastery books. do we buy 2nd job mastery books from npc? quest them? or any moster drops them? i hope it is not a high level boss fight.. i can't kill them and i don't have enough money to buy from FM yet.

2- there are soo many things you can do in this game, i have been playing for few days so i don't know much.. what are the "must do" quests, quest lines for page/pally route. i have been given a new set of armor and weapon every 5 levels so i didn't need to farm / do questing for equipment yet. But i guess i should start looking into this.

there were bunch of other questions that i wanted to ask but it is kind of late here. so i might ask them later :) i would appreciate any helpful advice /tip/guide. i might be a newbie but i don't really want to be a noob so i am willing to listen
    thank you in advance for all your help and happy new year.
    M~

1. There are no mastery books before 4th job except for a few special classes. Paladins aren't one of them. 10 is the current mastery level.
    2. There's not a lot of "must-do" quest lines but I guess for lower levels you can do stuff like Kerning Square and you can do Azwan to get your inner ability unlocked and later I guess Silent Crusade is good. Most of your EXP is probably going to come out of grinding on mobs though.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Thanks for the reply :) i am a little confused tho. when i check the paladin guides they shows weapon mastery is maxed at lvl 20 and i should max it right away. sorry maybe it is something very easy or well known for others but as i said i am a complete noob ^^;; i am following this guide http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...Guide-434.html

thanks for the other advices as well. i shall go check those places and do some investigation about the inner abilities. :)
    have nice year
    M~

I should update my guide. In the meantime, however:

- In second job you should max out everything but Ground Smash. That skill will get replaced immediately in third job by Charge Blow.

- In third job, you should max everything but your elemental charges, which are to be left at 18. Combat Orders, a third job skill, increases skill levels by two.

- In fourth job you can max everything. However, I wouldn't touch Heaven's Hammer unless you just want to have to play around with it. It's useless.

THIS IS POST-TEMPEST
    I assume you play GMS because you say you're in Kradia.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alfablu View Post
    Thanks for the reply :) i am a little confused tho. when i check the paladin guides they shows weapon mastery is maxed at lvl 20 and i should max it right away. sorry maybe it is something very easy or well known for others but as i said i am a complete noob ^^;; i am following this guide http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...Guide-434.html

thanks for the other advices as well. i shall go check those places and do some investigation about the inner abilities. :)
    have nice year
    M~
    Maplestory very recently went through a change that revamped 2nd and 3rd job to end at 60 and 100 (respectively) instead of 70 and 120. Because of this, many mastery levels were lowered, but the ending stats are the same. Level 20 mastery from before the recent patch is the same as level 10 mastery now. Only Evan and Dual Blade require mastery books before 4th job.

Spoiler!

oh i see. well thanks for clearing that up for me . i guess i will just keep leveling and wait for the new guides. :)