Thread: Fighting as a Bishop

Icon4 Fighting as a Bishop

Do you have any tips about how a Bishop can fight more effectively against monsters?; e.x. When to use certain skills, good skill combos against mobs

Assign angel ray to a key, hold that key down, keep buffs up, and use HMS before entering a big mob.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Assign angel ray to a key
    I don't have Angel Ray yet XD Is there any other way to deal more damage? I have all 4th job skills maxed out

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You absolutely need to get Angel Ray if you want to do respectable damage.
    There really isn't another option

Spoiler!

I don't care about how much damage I deal, I want to use my Bishop in its current state to its maximum potential.

Damage or not, you absolutely need Angel Ray to fight as a bishop.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by beary605 View Post
    I want to use my Bishop in its current state to its maximum potential.
    Then you should try to get all of your skills, Seriously, There is absolutely no reason for you to not get angel ray, it's extremely stupid not to.

You're a bishop, you should be able to gather money without any effort or cost, and you should be able to get into a simple zakum run, if not only for HS/Adv.Bless. So either buying it or getting it from a run is a relative cakewalk. It's seriously mandatory and if you don't feel like you can do it, I would strongly consider not playing that class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Database, Shining Ray 20
    Level 20: MP Cost: 57, Damage: 240%, Number of Attacks: 3, Max Monsters Hit: 6, Stun Chance: 80%, Stun Duration: 5 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by Database, Angel Ray 1
    Level 1: MP Cost: 26, Damage: 230%, Number of Attacks: 4, Max Enemies Hit: 6
    That not might seem significant to you, but if we add all the hits up together we get...

240x3=720% Damage per attack.

230x4=920%! Damage per attack.

And that's only at level 1, Angel Ray has 30 more levels to grow and develop, while your other skills are capped.

I don't care about how much damage I deal.
    And damage = Efficiency in maple story, the faster you kill the higher the exp and gold/hour is. It's always been like this and it will continue to be this for many years to come.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 25th February 2013 at 06:59 AM.

K then, say I did have Angel Ray. How can I increase my damage further?

K then, say I did have Angel Ray. How can I increase my damage further?
    In a heavy mob situations you generally tap things once and teleport to one corner of the map, then spam your mob skills while they all pile up, aggro-ed to you.

If there are a lot of platforms you want to try to find the middle ground before using genesis as to hit the most spawn areas at once, that way you're keeping up the spawn. Keep holy magic shell up as genesis takes a second or two to cast.

In bossy-dps scenarios you're literally going to put a rock on the angel ray key and fall asleep, assuming you have auto-pot, if not you'll just have to watch your HP and pot as needed, and stay buffed.