Thread: White Knight- How do I compare?

Default White Knight- How do I compare?

So after two years, I decided to log back on and, as seems to be the case lately, found my character a mess. Luckily, I had an SP reset scroll from the MS two years anniversary, so I was fine there, but my AP seems horribly outdated. My lvl 90 White Knight has 70 dex, ideal back in the days, but now it is 66 dex too many. Since I don't do a lot of party quests anyway, I don't really mind, but I just wanted to see how I compare to other White Knights who've had the benefit of starting with 4 dex. With my Fire and Lightning at 20(thank you combat orders), wielding a clean Maple Pyrope with 84 WAtk, and with Charge Blow also at 20, I'm dealing an average of about 23-25 k to monsters weak against fire, and 14-18k against those that aren't. I'm not sure how this compares to other WK, so any input would be helpful.

Thunder God

You aren't going to get much of a response because nobody stays a White Knight for longer than a couple of days. With 4th job beginning at 100 and training easier than ever, it all becomes trivial rather quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering why it seemed like I had too much skill points. Guess I'll just tough it out as a Paly with 70 dex since I don't party anyway, so I don't have any real damage comparison.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

It would be faster in the long run to just remake. Getting to level 90 takes a few days, and you're missing out on quite a bit of damage by having 70 dex.

Spoiler!

Lol, man it's been such a long time, I'm surprised you're still here, Tesi. Thanks for the advice. Guess The thing I ought to do is start a new guy but I can't find it in my heart to delete my old guy. Guess I'll just have two Palys.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Haha yep, been active here just about forever.
    Alternatively you could wait for one of the many AP reset events that happen. There isn't one announced, but Nexon gives them out around once every few months. You could also work on link mule characters while you wait for that (if you so desire).

The following characters let you link awesome skills to other characters on your account, and you can change the linked character once per day. They're super cheap and easy ways to increase your damage and waste some time! Unless otherwise specificed, the link skills are unlocked at level 70.

Getting a Mercedes gives +10% exp
    Demon Slayer gives +10% boss damage
    Cannoneer gives +15 all stat and 5% hp/mp
    Phantom gives +10% crit
    Luminous gives +10% ignore PDR (monster defense actually matters now)
    Jett gives +random all stat and +random att/matt, and it changes every day. It unlocks at lvl 70 and upgrades every 10 levels until 120.
    Kaiser gives +10% hp
    Angelic Buster gives a skill that increases all damage by 50% for 10 seconds, and has a 90 second cooldown.
    Kanna gives +5% total damage at lvl 70 and +10% total damage at lvl 100
    Mihile gives a temporary stance (pretty useless since it has cooldown)

All skills except Mihile's and Angelic Buster's are passive, so it really is a great boost.

You could also make character card buff mules. Each account has two unlocked decks that hold 3 cards each. Every character you make is one "card" for the deck. The higher your character's job, the higher the card boost. Some ones that would stand out for you would be Kaiser (which gives +str), Marksman (which gives +%crit), and Mechanic (which gives +buff duration).

Soooo, if you're ever bored of Pally or are waiting on Nexon to give AP resets, you can always begin working through the massive amount of buffs available.

Spoiler!

Thunder God

Unfortunately you'll have o wait for the link skill mules. All of those character classes are closed currently (except kanna and in a week we'll get hyato). They won't be re-opened until we get Unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good