Thread: Advice: To Kep My Shadower ... or Not!?

Default Advice: To Kep My Shadower ... or Not!?

Hello everyone,

I was hoping for help with a concern of mine. I have not really played MS since 2005 and as you know, a LOT has changed. I recently made a Mechanic, Kanna, Evan, and Hayato and I think my main of those will be the Hayato since I love the quickness.

However, my main back in the day was my CB. It is currently level 97 but the problem at the moment is that he is pre-Tempest. Therefore, I have about 120 Dex and I am working my Hayato and Kanna to buy him an AP reset scroll with Sengoku coins. I wanted to know if you guys thought it best to keep training the CB past Shadower and play him as a main, or if they have been nerfed (BoT, Assaulter) so much that it isn't worth it. I did hear they were getting a little improvement soon. On the same note, are the new classes so much more powerful that I will always be the weakest link?

Also in terms of funding, I don't have much but I might be getting ~2B from a friend soon since he's loaded xD but if you could, give me both scenarios (funded, unfunded).

Should I keep him or use the Sengoku coins/time/mesos on another character?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UberCB View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was hoping for help with a concern of mine. I have not really played MS since 2005 and as you know, a LOT has changed. I recently made a Mechanic, Kanna, Evan, and Hayato and I think my main of those will be the Hayato since I love the quickness.

However, my main back in the day was my CB. It is currently level 97 but the problem at the moment is that he is pre-Tempest. Therefore, I have about 120 Dex and I am working my Hayato and Kanna to buy him an AP reset scroll with Sengoku coins. I wanted to know if you guys thought it best to keep training the CB past Shadower and play him as a main, or if they have been nerfed (BoT, Assaulter) so much that it isn't worth it. I did hear they were getting a little improvement soon. On the same note, are the new classes so much more powerful that I will always be the weakest link?

Also in terms of funding, I don't have much but I might be getting ~2B from a friend soon since he's loaded xD but if you could, give me both scenarios (funded, unfunded).

Should I keep him or use the Sengoku coins/time/mesos on another character?

Thanks!
    A couple things worth noting; 97 isn't a very high level, considering you have such high dex it would be very very very easy to restart and rush up to 100 in a couple of days now, If you don't have anything that's heavily NX'd like your look you could get away with just restarting your CB, Using the Coins on something more valuable.

Shadowers are, probably one of the best standard classes in the game (Explorers) They're one of maybe 5 That really stayed competitive with all the new classes out, Even at higher gear levels Shadowers remain useful helpful and strong, Something that most other explorer classes can't say they are anymore.

Having a good initial investment really really helps Shadowers, Especially now because everyone is band wagoning %Dex for AB, %Str for Kaiser/Hayoto and %Int for Kanna. %Luk is sort of a low priority for people so they'll likely go for a bit less, allowing you to snag very very good deals while the others are very popular.

If you really like your Shadower I suggest you remake it and do it right, and cheaper, It will help you get a feel for all the skill changes as well. And save the sengoku coins for something more valuable.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have too much time to play these days and I really like my Hayato so I think the 50 coins are worth it for me. I am currently 78 on my Hayato and maybe it's just that I'm not as experience as you but 1-100 would still take me a good week or two, maybe more since CB's aren't as good as Hayato for mobbing. Also I am sort of ... nostalgic about him yaknow? He used to be my main back when 97 was a "high level" (120 was cap when I played). Also when I was younger I couldn't wait for 4th job and now I am only 3 levels away...it'll be hard to turn that into 100!

As for the funding, it's a hard decision for me because I really like the range on Hayato but I don't know what Shadower 4th job is like. If it is like the 3rd...I think I am out because I am not having too much fun haha. Maybe it's just the high dex I have but I seem to just hit so low. Do teams still use an initial meso explosion for bosses? Man I feel like I am just out of the rythm of things haha.

Again thank you. If you have any advice for me, about training 1-100 or Shadower stuff I am always open to it...I feel so old school.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have too much time to play these days and I really like my Hayato so I think the 50 coins are worth it for me. I am currently 78 on my Hayato and maybe it's just that I'm not as experience as you but 1-100 would still take me a good week or two, maybe more since CB's aren't as good as Hayato for mobbing. Also I am sort of ... nostalgic about him yaknow? He used to be my main back when 97 was a "high level" (120 was cap when I played). Also when I was younger I couldn't wait for 4th job and now I am only 3 levels away...it'll be hard to turn that into 100!

As for the funding, it's a hard decision for me because I really like the range on Hayato but I don't know what Shadower 4th job is like. If it is like the 3rd...I think I am out because I am not having too much fun haha. Maybe it's just the high dex I have but I seem to just hit so low. Do teams still use an initial meso explosion for bosses? Man I feel like I am just out of the rythm of things haha.

Again thank you. If you have any advice for me, about training 1-100 or Shadower stuff I am always open to it...I feel so old school.
    Lex (PhazonKirby) Wrote a really good 1-200 training guide that fits pretty much every class and gives several options.

Some more information on Shadower in 4th job can be found here at Emailbox's Shadower Guide and will practically answer every question you have about the class.

That said, If you're diligent 60 can be gotten in a day, 100 in 2. Follow the training guide and you'll be able to get there really fast. 4th job in a week for someone who does not play very much at all is very fast.

Hayoto is going to be much more expensive for the first few weeks, then it will start to get cheaper, Mastery Books and Weapons will be overcosted for awhile, but if you really like Hayoto you might want to hold out and stick with it, If you don't play too often by the time these are relevant the prices might have dropped. However higher end gear will still be pretty costly for months after the class comes out because there isn't as high of a market saturation for them compared to the number that hopped on the new class bandwagon.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 16th March 2013 at 06:15 AM.

Wow thanks for that, exactly what I needed! And I agree about the Hayato stuff, it will be very expensive at first. I definitely want to get him into 4th job, then maybe I'll take a break for a bit to get my CB to a Shadower at least. Hayato is so fun though!

Anyway thank you very much!

Thanks for the answer, would useful to me

Wow thanks for that, exactly what I needed! And I agree about the Hayato stuff, it will be very expensive at first. I definitely want to get him into 4th job, then maybe I'll take a break for a bit to get my CB to a Shadower at least. Hayato is so fun though!

Anyway thank you very much!
    Glad to hear that the advice I gave was helpful! Hayato looks like a pretty fun class to play, and I'm sure you'll have a blast trying to get him to 4th job. It's definitely one of the most rewarding accomplishments in MapleStory, but it's also one of the most challenging. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your MapleStory journey!