Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: kaglov2

Let me start by saying Kag obviously has her own problems that's apparent from every thread she posted in for the past year. For the longest time every thread in Tomato Island and beyond was dumpstered on by trolls, bad members and people who thought it was a good idea to trash those bad members in every thread they posted in.

With that being said Kag isn't that bad but that's purely in comparison to current members, so meh.
    So it surprises me when I read the average conversations had here and see that MoonFalkSayo is not only an accepted member of the community, but is a part of the rixcrew.
    That BarelyAwake doesn't get the same treatment as kag and bulma.
    That Bassz Jon's trolling is just accepted as a natural part of a conversation in part probably because his brother is a mod.
    That there will rarely be a moment that omar and fail isn't a **** to someone simply because he's not fond of them. Which is unfortunate because they're both great people otherwise.

I remember being in the chatbox a month or so back and there was actually a decent conversation. With a topic and discussion which is all this place ever needed, ironically enough. I told kittysamurai to get online and join in, that the community probably shed it's circle jerkin' and actually had more fun. The moment he logged on, it didn't take long for the chatbox to devolve into omar and fail and everyone involved ****ting on Wyatt for not paying Omar back and that **** went on for 20 min. Needless to say he logged back off and we were both like "Yep, I lied."

Because the internet is so mature.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Banned

I had to delete the other post about the comment with Fail and omar, because I just had to respond to your small comment about me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Let me start by saying Kag obviously has her own problems that's apparent from every thread she posted in for the past year. For the longest time every thread in Tomato Island and beyond was dumpstered on by trolls, bad members and people who thought it was a good idea to trash those bad members in every thread they posted in.

With that being said Kag isn't that bad but that's purely in comparison to current members, so meh.
    So it surprises me when I read the average conversations had here and see that MoonFalkSayo is not only an accepted member of the community, but is a part of the rixcrew.
    That Bassz Jon's trolling is just accepted as a natural part of a conversation in part probably because his brother is a mod.
    That there will rarely be a moment that omar and fail isn't a **** to someone simply because he's not fond of them. Which is unfortunate because they're both great people otherwise.

I remember being in the chatbox a month or so back and there was actually a decent conversation. With a topic and discussion which is all this place ever needed, ironically enough. I told kittysamurai to get online and join in, that the community probably shed it's circle jerkin' and actually had more fun. The moment he logged on, it didn't take long for the chatbox to devolve into omar and fail and everyone involved ****ting on Wyatt for not paying Omar back and that **** went on for 20 min. Needless to say he logged back off and we were both like "Yep, I lied."
    Sorry, PR, but I came out of my own accord to be back in the community, not by the Rix Brothers, WMA, or anyone else. Tesiqurasa nor ithrow4luk pester me to come back. If I wanted to hide my identity I would have made a username that wasn't painfully obvious. While yes, I did reach to Fail only to ask if he "still had animosity" at the time, in addition to Rasudoken. Yes, I had made that reddit ****storm a while back, but only because I felt I was untreated as such and wanted to make sure that you all were people that were circlejerks. Was I wrong? Yeah I was. Should I hate the majority? Why should I still hate for a juvenile reason?

I have other reasons to worry other than some petty online drama that at this point I have little incentive to get myself involved. I could mention your over bloated concern that I was going to "kill myself," or I can mention how you hate my "bipolar issues," but honestly stuff is in the past. The personality I had a few years back is not the same as you would assume now. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm amused.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    This is a long response but includes things that have been on my mind for quite some time, and though they are not all directly related to kag, they address several issues you point out.

I'm adamantly in favor of treating kag as if she were a normal member, because that's ultimately the only responsibility we have. For the longest time, it seemed that some (kag included) considered genuine responses to be personal attacks, and that's not the case. Some members treat her fairly, offering support at best and mild, normal teasing and critique at worst. You are, however, right in that many people take it too far, hence it being directed to the only place where that is allowed.

Stupidity alone doesn't warrant a ban, at least in my opinion, and since getting to know her I have adamantly argued (both here and off the website) that some of the claims are not grounds to ban her. However, she had previously crossed a line and received a temporary ban, with that temporary ban being her final warning. I would rather trudge through an arduous process of warnings before unfairly banning someone, even if it means people get angry. I don't know that this is the best process, but I don't do it out of laziness or favoritism; it's very much a part of who I am morally.

Also, there's one other popular devolution of threads, and that's complaining about the current state of things. It's very rare that a light-hearted Tomato Island thread or an Empty House thread don't at some point attract a pretentious "circlejerk", "ignore it like me", or "better back in the day" post. Regardless of whether or not these claims are true is of no consequence; they do just as much pointless harm as the rest of the bad posts. Nothing is solved. No topics are discussed. No one learns anything new.

That being said, other than the occasional topic-related joke, most truly pointless silliness is kept to the chat thread, visitor messages, and the chat box. It doesn't really matter if you like it; that's where the silliness belongs. If you really want to see discussion, make an effort to initiate change.

I realize that addressing very specific issues may be a bit pointless in the long run, but since this one is personal I feel obligated to respond.
    I have no problem with Sayo as he is now. If he continues to post without flaming, then as far as I'm concerned that's fine. I believe people have the capacity to change. That said, I don't know why you group him with me. I don't talk to him much, even in the chatbox. We have different interests and different personalities. How is your generalized grouping of members any different than the assumed idiocy of kag?
    Again, whether you like it or not, the chatbox is the place for pointless teasing, silly comments, and general chatting. When just a handful of people are online every day, the most popular method of communication (chatbox) will eventually become filled with inside jokes and teasing. "Decent conversation" will eventually devolve into this or just run its course. If that's what members find fun, and they do not break the rules, then who are you to critique them?

I think the biggest problem is one you did not address, and that is the lack of discussion necessary for Maplestory. It's an almost entirely straightforward game now, and new members' questions can all be answered within a few posts. There's no reason for most new people to stick around. Most people are not attracted to a Maplestory forum for serious discussions about world events, new technology, philosophy, religion, science, or whatever else you deem "decent conversation". They come for Maplestory and find their needs satisfied almost immediately, giving little incentive to return and stay long enough to venture outside of the Maple section.

tl;dr
    Take steps to initiate the change you claim to desire.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    This is a long response but includes things that have been on my mind for quite some time, and though they are not all directly related to kag, they address several issues you point out.

I'm adamantly in favor of treating kag as if she were a normal member, because that's ultimately the only responsibility we have. For the longest time, it seemed that some (kag included) considered genuine responses to be personal attacks, and that's not the case. Some members treat her fairly, offering support at best and mild, normal teasing and critique at worst. You are, however, right in that many people take it too far, hence it being directed to the only place where that is allowed.

Stupidity alone doesn't warrant a ban, at least in my opinion, and since getting to know her I have adamantly argued (both here and off the website) that some of the claims are not grounds to ban her. However, she had previously crossed a line and received a temporary ban, with that temporary ban being her final warning. I would rather trudge through an arduous process of warnings before unfairly banning someone, even if it means people get angry. I don't know that this is the best process, but I don't do it out of laziness or favoritism; it's very much a part of who I am morally.

Also, there's one other popular devolution of threads, and that's complaining about the current state of things. It's very rare that a light-hearted Tomato Island thread or an Empty House thread don't at some point attract a pretentious "circlejerk", "ignore it like me", or "better back in the day" post. Regardless of whether or not these claims are true is of no consequence; they do just as much pointless harm as the rest of the bad posts. Nothing is solved. No topics are discussed. No one learns anything new.

That being said, other than the occasional topic-related joke, most truly pointless silliness is kept to the chat thread, visitor messages, and the chat box. It doesn't really matter if you like it; that's where the silliness belongs. If you really want to see discussion, make an effort to initiate change.

I realize that addressing very specific issues may be a bit pointless in the long run, but since this one is personal I feel obligated to respond.
    I have no problem with Sayo as he is now. If he continues to post without flaming, then as far as I'm concerned that's fine. I believe people have the capacity to change. That said, I don't know why you group him with me. I don't talk to him much, even in the chatbox. We have different interests and different personalities. How is your generalized grouping of members any different than the assumed idiocy of kag?

Again, whether you like it or not, the chatbox is the place for pointless teasing, silly comments, and general chatting. When just a handful of people are online every day, the most popular method of communication (chatbox) will eventually become filled with inside jokes and teasing. "Decent conversation" will eventually devolve into this or just run its course. If that's what members find fun, and they do not break the rules, then who are you to critique them?

I think the biggest problem is one you did not address, and that is the lack of discussion necessary for Maplestory. It's an almost entirely straightforward game now, and new members' questions can all be answered within a few posts. There's no reason for most new people to stick around. Most people are not attracted to a Maplestory forum for serious discussions about world events, new technology, philosophy, religion, science, or whatever else you deem "decent conversation". They come for Maplestory and find their needs satisfied almost immediately, giving little incentive to return and stay long enough to venture outside of the Maple section.

tl;dr
    Take steps to initiate the change you claim to desire.
    How about threatening to ****ing ban me for not posting pictures of the eggs from my farm? At first it was a joke, and I laughed, but took it seriously enough to do it. And by that I mean the pictures are on my HDD atm, but will not be put on Hidden-Street, just because of you.
    Sure, you "don't care." You sure seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Spoiler!

The end, please.

Also we've run out of meaningful things to say to each other but we still like talking to each other.

We're all too stubborn, socially akward, or mentally handicapped to leave each other.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 3rd April 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    The end, please.

Also we've run out of meaningful things to say to each other but we still like talking to each other.

We're all too stubborn, socially akward, or mentally handicapped to leave each other.
    I'll show you how to properly prepare eggs. Especially with fresh-from-the-barn eggs. They turn out perfect every time. What kind of eggs should I make? Sunny-side-up? Scramble? Over-easy? You decide and I'll make it and picture it.
    Not good enough.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt
    You should see the pics I get on steam.

Try again later.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

How about threatening to ****ing ban me for not posting pictures of the eggs from my farm? At first it was a joke, and I laughed, but took it seriously enough to do it. And by that I mean the pictures are on my HDD atm, but will not be put on Hidden-Street, just because of you.
    Sure, you "don't care." You sure seem like it.

what on earth

Spoiler!