Default Unable to run Maplestory

My computer specs are as follows:

i5-3570k

Mobo: P8Z77-v-pro

16gb ram (DDR3)

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

TX850

GTX670

I have tried logging into the maplestory website (global), however, after downloading the installer and installing pando media booster, the download does not start at all. So, I downloaded through the workaround files here. I followed the instructions (added to same folder, ran the appropriate file) and successfully installed the game. However, I encounter the following errors when I try to run the game:

1) Running through Chrome: Error code 11004, Maplestory not run at all. 2) Running through internet explorer: Can select server, when I choose a channel, instantly crashes with no error messages. 3) Running through gamelauncher.exe: I see the in-client log in window, and enter my email/pw. However, clicking the login button does nothing, and after the while, the game crashes with the message 'you have been disconnected from the login server'.

Extra information:

1) I am running a dual-monitor set up. I have had some problems running other games in the past because of this reason.

2) I am using a university internet connection. Some websites do not load, others are slow (throttled). I am not well-versed in internet literature, but if I had to guess, the problem lies somewhere here.

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My OS is Win 7 Pro.

Play MapleStory through Steam.
    viva la nagato yuki

Ok here's the thing, most universities block games. Use a home connection if you have one.