Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer keep crashing/restarting by itself

Default Computer keep crashing/restarting by itself

The blue screen popup and said it need to shutdown/restart to prevent some damage or something like that. ( usually when I have Firefox and maple running at the same time)

I tried scanning it with Anti-Malwarebytes Pro, McAfee Security, Microsoft Security Essential and nothing came up. ( did all those 3 scan at least 5 times ea). I'm still not sure if its worm/trojan/virus related( I don't know anything about computers)

BUT I did scan it with ccleaner and McAfee( every time it restart/crash) quick scan 500mb-1gb of memory image file or something like that came up but I dont know how to remove it. McAfee and Ccleaner can't remove it for some reason. It just wont ;s

So what else/option do I have left or how do I fix this crash/auto restart? ( blue screen popping up saying it need to restart/shut down to prevent farther damage)

O and the comp is a bit laggy/stuff just stop responding.
    Last edited by WubYou4ever; 31st May 2013 at 07:02 AM.

Spoiler!

you have multiple antivirus programs running. Stick with one. I recommend to stick with Microsoft Security Essentials.

At times you have multiple programs running. Remove any unnecessary or junk programs that are passively running.
    I'm Retired.

Uninstall mcafee immediately and most of your issues would probably correct themselves. That 500mb to 1gb of a 'memory image file' is either 1. pagefile.sys, your pagefile. 2. a large unreadable archive (usually an archive using an uncommon extension, like .uhc) or 3. you're in the middle of torrenting something and it's trying to scan the preallocated files.

Or if you're just laggy and slow all the time, you might as well back up all your important stuff and just reformat. Reformat it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post

Or if you're just laggy and slow all the time, you might as well back up all your important stuff and just reformat. Reformat it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    What do you mean by format it from orbit?

Spoiler!

My computer is crashing on a blue screen that says - Your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart and collect some error info, and then we'll restart for you. It then says if you call support to give them this info stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed CMUSBDAC.sys when I looked it up some forums said that it was my audio drivers so I uninstalled and Reinstalled them all but still it crashes. I'm not so sure what else to do I have been working at this for 3 Days to no avail so I could really use some help thank you, everyone!

Updated: Thanks for your help. But I have solved my issue form interent help.
    Last edited by railey; 1st July 2021 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by railey View Post
    My computer is crashing on a blue screen that says - Your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart and collect some error info, and then we'll restart for you. It then says if you call support to give them this info stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed CMUSBDAC.sys when I looked it up some forums said that it was my audio drivers so I uninstalled and Reinstalled them all but still it crashes. I'm not so sure what else to do I have been working at this for 3 Days to no avail so I could really use some help thank you, everyone!
    Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhHBdBD_92A

Quote Originally Posted by mortalally View Post
    nice try Techno Math

Are you sure you weren't messing with your hard drive structure before this started to happen? This looks like a partition issue, so maybe try to recover deleted partition if you have any. I think this will solve your issue, as missing some critical system files often induces instability like what you're experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Uninstall mcafee
    mcafee was uninstalled earleir this year https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/tech/...ath/index.html

Good afternoon. This may be due to the fact that it is a spyware or viruses on your computer. Only I do not know at all how to understand this issue. Maybe someone else can help you. Good luck.