Thread: Died Wireless Card

Default Died Wireless Card

I have no idea what I'm doing
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I checked my devices and drivers and there is a "unknown device", which I'm assuming is the wireless card that died. As you can see, I tried taking the covers off my laptop to see which one was the wireless card. I don't. As in, I don't know what the hell I'm looking at and don't know which one is the wireless card. My friend suggested using a wireless USB, but I don't know if I should buy one and rely on that forever (at least three years before getting my own place and a desktop).

I'm using the ethernet cable at the moment. And it's in my aunt's room, so don't expect me to come on very often until I fix the issue. Anyways. Help appreciated and please post in this thread. I can at least check this thread with my 3DS. Thanks guys.

Also, what is this empty slot for? Actually. If someone can just tell me what all the things I just posted are, that'd be great too.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

pic1: whole computer insides
    pic2: RAM
    pic3: Wireless card
    pic4: CPU fan
    pic5: additional upgrade slot
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I second this, or at least this idea.
    Buy a USB wireless adapter. I bought one years ago and even though I no longer use it for its original purpose, it comes in handy. I used it for a full 2 years before I got my own place. They work fine.
    They also cost all of $25-50.

Spoiler!

Yep, wireless card looks like pic 3. You could possibly youtube/google search for [Laptop Name wireless card replacement] or something along those lines and maybe find a video/picture(s) reference to help you replace that. Otherwise, a wireless USB device like the one omar posted would work fine.

Also, that fan could use a cleaning. Canned air that dust out but hold the fan blades in place with a small screwdriver or something in between the fan blades to prevent the fan spinning from the air. Or lots of Q-tips. I would guess there might be some dust around the fan heatsink too, but you probably don't need to go that far :P

I bought an adapter when my pci antenna broke. They are usually better than your original card and are pretty cheap.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Turns out the wireless card didn't die. I accidentally turned a switch on the side of the laptop to "off", which apparently was the wireless card.
    by Cryopon