Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Puzzle & Dragons (PAD) Thread

How's your team looking and which dungeon are you up to?

Spoiler!

Just fed her some nature/fire/water king metal dragons and that brought her up to 44. I feel pretty tight on team cost though
    Up to Tower of Flare stage 3 right now, yet to play any of the special dungeons except the recent evangelion one (which I only did the first one) because they look to burn a lot of stamina

I rolled a Lucifer from REM sometime back too
    Last edited by AcrylicBlaze; 23rd March 2014 at 08:38 PM.

Meimei is a pretty decent roll. I've made it pretty far with Karin, which is pretty much the same thing. I also recently cleared Hera's descend. Meimei is arguably "better" because she's the only Chinese God with Light/Dark affinities, as well. If you're low on team cost (I know I was a lot), it's best to run a few Dub-Mythlits until you can put in some better subs. They have amazing stats considering the 1 cost. You pretty much have all of Meimei's affinities covered with just her and Grphys, so you can just stuff in 3 Dub-Myths until you roll some better monsters. You shouldn't have much of an issue if you pair with another Meimei (for 12.25x) or even Bastet (for up to 14x iirc). Also, which Luci did you roll? If it's Archangel, then you should have no problem steamrolling through most dungeons without thinking.

Haven't found any other Chinese God users to use as a helpers recently though, other than you just now heh. Alright, since the Dub-Myths dungeon's on Friday, I'll go pick up more ranks in the mean time and hope to find some more Bastets and Meimeis, or any other Chinese Gods would be great.
    Would a heartmaker good pickup first? Planning to pick one up after getting enough team cost

Yeah it's Archangel, but Meimei seemed able to require less moves instead, and comboes are more fun!

Generally you want to pair with the same leader as you when you run Chinese gods so that you have the least affinities to cover and you can have a wider range of same-element subs instead. It's also easier to get more damage out of the leader skill activation that way because you have less colours to match.

You can use PADX's friend finder to, well, find friends. Since you can specify what monsters you want potential friends to have, it's useful that way and most people would be nice enough to add you. Alternatively, there's this, the list of players from /vg/ (4Chan). Not sure how you treat that place, but the guys in the thread are generally *******s and the guys in IRC are really nice. Either way, pretty much anyone on the list will add you if you have "vg" in your name, and your name can be changed free of charge whenever you want, if you hadn't noticed yet. I'll drop a nice word in with the guys on #padg and offer your ID for them to add. If you see friend requests from "SICP", "aWalrus" or anyone with "vg" in their name, I'd recommend you add them.

I also happen to have a Bastet; she's ulti evo'd, but only level 29 or something. Still, I'll put her up for you whenever you want, just drop me a message in-game or on steam or something.

About heartmakers, they probably won't be important really until you want to start running descends. Once you reach Oceanus Falls - Invitation to the Abyss, which I think is about 5 stages above Tower of Flare, you can farm that dungeon for a Mermaid. Oceanus Falls is one of the three Tier 5 (T5) dungeons that people farm for EXP, usually above rank 90, the other two being Hyperion Lava Flow and Kronos Forest. It just so happens you can pick up a Mermaid from one of them. While she's off-colour for Meimei, her sheer healing power and ease of skill-ups can probably make up for it until you can get an on-colour heartmaker like Drawn Joker. I have both but I'm still using Siren because getting DJ's skill ups is a *****. Another monster you can consider farming for is Echidna, a drop from Hyperion, probably the most invaluable staller sub in the game. She sees a lot of use in most teams, even if she's off colour, since stall is such a rare skill.

You shouldn't have many problems clearing the Friday dungeon as long as you use a zombie team right, and you can check the blub for a better explanation that I could give. Probably. If you need it, I can put up Siren as my leader so you can use her for your dublits runs.

And yeah, the global consensus on Luci is that he's the most mind-numbingly boring leader to run with, but you don't need to have any orb matching skills to clear most descends (difficult dungeons) with him, since if you run double Luci you get 4/1/4 (4x hp, 1x attack, 4x recovery) which is essentially 75% resistance to everything and you can just heal everything back up with one heart orb match until you're ready to nuke everything with his stupid broken skill. Still, it's worth investing in a team for him so you can clear things like Hera to get Meimei subs.

Edit:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by blankaex; 24th March 2014 at 07:29 PM.

Alright thanks, will check out the friend finder and vg. Nah it's okay, any leader you are currently using just destroys my dungeons.

Got it, will start collection a side Luci team.

Though now I'm really stuck after 5 tries at the last dungeon of Tower Of Flare, he hits for 4k in one turn then having just two more to recover up or kill him. It's so hard, I don't see how I can kill him anytime soon for every hit just scratches him for one damage. I don't Luci can even help on this since he does a single nuke which would only do one damage. Any suggestions for team/tactics?

Edit: Nevermind, blew him up in one turn with your Karin with a 4 colour match + some extra combo landing. The wiki mentioned he had 74 hp, I'm still stunned how it happened in one turn
    Last edited by AcrylicBlaze; 24th March 2014 at 08:57 PM.

If you hit more than their defense value, it will do regular damage with some multipliers. If you can't hit over it, it will only do 1 damage. It should be fine with my Karin because you get a free 2x for water type.

I forgot to play yesterday. orz

Rolled Haku and Sakuya this godfest, not sure if I should drop Meimei to main Sakuya or Haku though. But I'm so happy!! (´∇`)

as far as game-strength of chinese gods goes, I would say sakuya > haku > karin > meimei > leilan, though sakuya is considerably more difficult to activate. If you're gud enough to use sakuya, I would recommend using that, but otherwise just use whichever (out of haku & meimei) you have better subs for.
    on my godfest I got cupid and siren. (╯°Д°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by blankaex; 2nd April 2014 at 09:07 AM.