Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't think I've ever posted in here before

a dumbass baby

Default I don't think I've ever posted in here before

But I've got some steam to let off and I don't feel like spamming the chatbox.

So last weekend, I had two days for my friends to come and get together for my birthday since I've never really celebrated it and I actually wanted to do so this year. Might as well end my year as a 22 year old on a positive note since most of you know I've had a basically ****ty year.

Saturday, I invited people to hang out with me at Gameworks (an arcade), dinner, and then karaoke. Whoever can make it to what can come out, the most important thing for me was the dinner anyway since I wanted to dine with my friends. Pretty much everyone that I invited could make it out except for one person. We'll call him Terry.

Anyway, Terry tells me he can't make it out because he has to study for finals. Normally, I would be okay with this because it IS finals week, and I honestly I wasn't expecting ANYONE to come out at all.

BUT.

Terry has given me multiple excuses as to why he can't make it out to anything. First few excuses were fine, I let them slide. Eventually, one excuse was overlapping the other and he was also using excuses that weren't even related to him at all.

To make himself look even worse, I actually did have friends come out that weekend that were studying for finals.

What makes me even more unbelievably pissed off is that there have been a few instances where he could not come out to any social gatherings because his girlfriend didn't like the people that would be present. There were people present in my outing that she has vehemently stated that she did not like them. I have a funny feeling that she's a part of why he didn't come out of his first place.

Anyway, what really set me off about all of this was I decided to lightly poke fun about how it took him two damn days to finish an English paper. He gets upset and stats posting subtweets about how he's not having it instead of confronting me about it. Now he refuses to come out for our friend's bon voyage party because I'm going to be present.

Terry also says that I don't have any right to be mad and that I should have rescheduled the party because I knew he had finals. The only reason why I made it specific to last weekend was, well duh, my birthday WAS on the 8th, and then I wanted all of those close to me attend and last weekend was the best weekend to do it.

Honestly, what pisses me the most is that he's all worked up about how MY own party was not on HIS own terms. What a douche.

/endrant

I feel SLIGHTLY better now.

a dumbass baby

I lied, there's more stuff that has surfaced.

So now Terry is telling me that he can't afford to hang out with us as a group. He's struggling with tuition and finances in general and can't afford to hang out with the group. We don't get together often, and we'll be more than happy to spot his meal/parking/gas whenever we decide to go on an outing to Seattle.

Yet he has the luxury of taking out his girlfriend to expensive sushi restaurants and spending money on ****ty dates.

Go **** yourself dude, keep making excuses.

But if you're going to decline OUR friends HELPING you out because of your ****ty pride, then go **** yourself.

I don't see any redeeming points for Terry. I mean, it'd be okay if he just outright said he didn't want to hang right? Or to reschedule a smaller Birthday Dinner with you at a later time if he doesn't like a large group? But he just kept throwing out inconsistent excuses. I don't think you're in the wrong.
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

For the first half of the post, I was really empathizing with Terry. I've been that exact guy before. I had a girlfriend who was super controlling and I just kind of went with it because that's what I did.

But when you described how he got mad at you about it, I lost any sympathy or connection with the guy. He's totally not worth your time, and the whole tuition thing just sounds like another bad excuse. You're so much better than him

Spoiler!

He sucks. Tell him off.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Banned

Petty **** to me. Not that your emotions are invalid, but this guy is just petty.

You're way too soft, and that's coming from the human pillow. Drop Terry like a ton of house bricks. You've probably not even seen him for years and if he can't even make it out to anything ever then why bother with the guy.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

a dumbass baby

I don't have any issues with dropping him now, but this was more of a final straw kind of thing. The only reason I would let this slide so often was because I considered Terry a best friend. But ever since he hooked up with his now-girlfriend, it's like my friendship and everyone else's friendship with him just decided to take a nosedive.

When everyone noticed that he was acting different and noticed that he was ego tripping all the time, I still stuck around and defended him. But now he's just way too full of himself. He had the nerve to tell me that the girl I've been seeing lately only asked for my number at the time because she was only being polite and that there was no way she would probably be into someone like me. Whereas the whole time he was freaking out about courting this girl that he's been interested in, I was always there encouraging him and telling him that things will be okay and that she will totally like him.

But after all this, I can't take it anymore. His piles of excuses, excessive rudeness and narcissism has just pissed me off too much. So I'm done dealing with his ****.

Honestly, I don't seek any advice out of all of this, but I just really needed a space where I can vent and I thought that the Empty House would be a suitable place to do so. It really sucks that I have to lose a best friend, but whatever. I just have to accept that people change.
    Last edited by Watashi; 12th December 2013 at 04:15 PM.

Terry sounds like a ***got and I would be pretty pissed at a guy like that too. Sucks how he was a good friend, but maybe things will settle down and you guys can make up. I don't talk to you much, but I'm on your side, and the rest of HS (that have posted, at least) also seem to be, and we'll be here to listen to your rants any day.

Muh Nigguh terrio from KFC seems really relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DogPdhYPfJs

Always be complaining about being broke and living in the "ghetto" but somehow dis little ratchet be appearing at fast food places on the regular.

A friend stole my wallet one time about 4 years ago (had around 100 dollars in it) and refused to acknowledge he did it even though I knew he had it. I barely trust anyone to begin with but now i'm always prepared.

If he is a douche, make him jealous somehow, DP his GF, or get some tips on how to be really evil...
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind