Thread: Root Abyss Rant

Beginner

Icon10 Root Abyss Rant

I've noticed that there are a number of people who are real quick to join parties in RA, but then when it comes time to face the bosses they basically just dodge and let everyone else do the work. On several occasions I've basically had to go solo on the bosses because the other people in the party don't even ~try~ and hit them. And even if it is the easy version, the ones like the dragon worm can be a major pain in the neck to solo if you're only average in range. I guess some of them just wait for other players to take out as much damage and maybe lose all their lives before they then jump in and finish it off on "baby mode". I've been pretty lucky in that I can hold my own solo fairly well against all of them, but I'm sure there are a lot of other people who wind up getting shafted because they aren't strong enough to take them out completely solo.

I do understand that some people have junk equips and can't really do much damage, but they could still ~try~ and do ~some~ damage. Plus we've had so many overly generous events in the past few months that most people should at least have some semi-decent equips. Like a Revolution set or an Empress set at the very least.

This is just with RA though, I don't mind people who want to "watch" with like DI, cause sometimes they just want to see your skills in action (especially if you're an off the wall class) and it doesn't really matter since DI is pretty easy to solo (you can pretty well sleep through it most of the time). I have gotten to the point though where I don't try and "save" them anymore if they get too close to the action. Sometimes low level players want to join and, even though I explicitly warn them that the mobs are gonna be the maximum 180 level... they just go right on ahead and try and jump in and take a bunch of risks, often getting themselves killed in the process. I used to use my lasso skill thing to pull the mobs away from them if they got to close, but now I usually just let them get killed if they're that dumb.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

It's been like this for as long as I can remember. Even when I first started playing, people would join PQs and do nothing. It's worthwhile to set up connections with a few decent players so you don't have to deal with the mindless mass of randoms.

Spoiler!

Beginner

Yeah that would be a good idea, especially if I can find some people who on at regular/consistent times.

There seems to be a LOT of leechers in the game in general. I normally like to solo grind, but like every time I try going to the HoH and I find a nice empty channel there's all sorts of people who start popping in and wanting to join your party... but then they usually just sit in the bottom and don't even do anything at all. At least with a Kanna or a Bishop you get something semi-worthwhile out of it, but otherwise they basically just go AFK and get free experience for nothing. I'm thinkin maybe I should start charging them or something... not sure how much leeching is worth though.