Thread: Tree Of Savior

Default Tree Of Savior

This game is really fun. It's a hand drawn PvE grind MMO with an intense skill tree.

I haven't been taking many screenshots even though I should be. I'll dump pictures from the first international closed beta.

Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

It looks so cute. How's the character customization?
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    It looks so cute. How's the character customization?
    Right now it is very minimal. You can choose male/female and then choose a preset hairstyle. They are still trying to finish mechanics and quest flow. I am 100% certain they'll add customization similar to MapleStory.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

The game is pretty fun, until you make your second or third character and realize they still haven't fixed the core problem of the grind being extremely quest based and the quests being unimaginative and repetitive as all hell.

It also doesn't help that they've solved every problem they've run into with paywalls so far.

Bots trading money to mains? 1:1 trading is paywall. Overflow error causing market to crash? Limit 1 sale, increased sales with paywall.

The game is really fun if you intend to play it once with a character to max level and put it in a lot of information gathering beforehand, maybe do two, after that it just really gets boring to repeat the quests, especially if you picked a class that isn't great at boss killing.

The founder's pack option is also really a big deal, 3 months would be enough time to raise 3-4 characters to max level, given that mixed with more sells than normal players if you do tokens, that's enough to dominate the economy that is already at odds due to the extremely limited trading options that hurt characters like Alchemist[Pyrolinker] (which I played in kOBT and iCBT2).

They've still got time to fix what they've done, but people have been telling them they are apprehensive on the main forums since iCBT2 and datamining stuff like golden anvil, SkipToClass5Card and other such things, unfortunately their response was to get a CM that is dismissive and just memes so people praise him for memeing.

E:Customization they already have a hair style similar to MS in choices, you can wear 2 hats on your character and the hats are varied and thankfully not all Cash Shop choices (the majority of them aren't, but some are bound to be soon). There are also costumes you can get like Luchador that will be cosmetic cash shop choices. You unlock hair colors by fulfilling certain criteria like killing X mobs or Finishing Y quest.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    The game is pretty fun, until you make your second or third character and realize they still haven't fixed the core problem of the grind being extremely quest based and the quests being unimaginative and repetitive as all hell.

It also doesn't help that they've solved every problem they've run into with paywalls so far.

Bots trading money to mains? 1:1 trading is paywall. Overflow error causing market to crash? Limit 1 sale, increased sales with paywall.

The game is really fun if you intend to play it once with a character to max level and put it in a lot of information gathering beforehand, maybe do two, after that it just really gets boring to repeat the quests, especially if you picked a class that isn't great at boss killing.

The founder's pack option is also really a big deal, 3 months would be enough time to raise 3-4 characters to max level, given that mixed with more sells than normal players if you do tokens, that's enough to dominate the economy that is already at odds due to the extremely limited trading options that hurt characters like Alchemist[Pyrolinker] (which I played in kOBT and iCBT2).

They've still got time to fix what they've done, but people have been telling them they are apprehensive on the main forums since iCBT2 and datamining stuff like golden anvil, SkipToClass5Card and other such things, unfortunately their response was to get a CM that is dismissive and just memes so people praise him for memeing.

E:Customization they already have a hair style similar to MS in choices, you can wear 2 hats on your character and the hats are varied and thankfully not all Cash Shop choices (the majority of them aren't, but some are bound to be soon). There are also costumes you can get like Luchador that will be cosmetic cash shop choices. You unlock hair colors by fulfilling certain criteria like killing X mobs or Finishing Y quest.
    Did you get the $50 pack?

ToS' pay2headstart has to be the longest there has been in MMO history.
    I'm comparing it to Black Desert where people paid $100 for a three day head start.

Would be interesting to see if the hype will be completely died down by then, or if there would be so much patient interest that it ends up having more new free players than if they were to do a couple-day head start.
    viva la nagato yuki

No I didn't, I've pretty much dropped them. All throughout iCBT2 there were large issues that you think would be fixed but weren't, then they spent all of December just working on paywall features, then finally started fixing some of the smaller issues and issues plaguing entire classes in Jan/Feb while still working on pay features that could easily be delayed until 6months into the game. I do know there are 2 people on my friends list who have paid for it so I'll see if they find it worth it. Interestingly enough the backlash from the whole 3months has been a bit funny, they've proposed $50 for 7day headstart tiered and $50 for 1month headstart tiered, but I think the point either way is that it's a game where it's very easy to reach the top fast if you've got the time to put into it (and cash to add extra dungeons for drops/etc), and also can make money off of such things.

I imagine that if Arde Daggers are out at the start for F2P players it'll just poop on any of their money making abilities pre-150 outside of Legwyn's annoying as hell hourly event where you get 100k-300k.

Yeah it probably is, I would say Landmark but I believe that's just paid closed beta instead and fully intends to wipe.
    Tree of Savior does seem to now have the steam text saying pay to enter 'Founder's Server' so maybe something's changed.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post

This game is really fun. It's a hand drawn PvE grind MMO with an intense skill tree.

I haven't been taking many screenshots even though I should be. I'll dump pictures from the first international closed beta.

Spoiler!

It looks really awesome and buff overload look so cute

Phantom Watch

Hey Pyro do you remember that thread you made years ago asking for input on making an MMO of your own? I had said in there that player customization is very important. I still think that, but seeing similar implementations over the years has lead me to believe that ToS is probably the best way to do it. Since you still have some restrictions it makes balancing a bit easier since no one can just take the best things from each class.

Darkfall tried to do the totally open "anyone can learn anything" approach and it just made it so the meta revolved around one super class. The meta being everything since the game had full world PVP.

Path of Exile also has alot of customization, but it's almost too much. Decision fatigue is a big problem.

FF14 rewards you for branching out, but it's a requirement to do so in most cases.

I don't know enough about Rift to comment on it.

But with ToS I'm having a lot of fun working out new builds. There's enough give to make each rank synergize with the next very well. I hope if you are ever able to execute on your MMO you'll keep in mind the good things this game did mechanically.

As for everyone else: I'm playing on Orsha, team name is VioletChevre, and currently have a level 110 caster and a level 5X swordsman.
    The caster is Wiz3, Ele1 and will eventually be Wiz3, Ele3, War2. The melee character is Sw2, Barb1 and will eventually be Sw2, Barb2, Cor3, Shin1.