Thread: j0n's paint dump

Default j0n's paint dump

Felt like painting so I paint. I have no experience and haven't taken an art class since 8th grade.

Music Series //
    Spoiler!

Stupor:
    This is my first painting (excluding one I did for a friend) in this little series. The name Stupor comes from a song on Baths' album 'Pop Music/False B-sides'.
    Stupor is also defined as a state of near-unconsciousness or insensibility. This is done on an 8x8 canvas with (really cheap) acrylic paints.

Spoiler!

Maximalist:
    Maximalist is my second painting of this series and is inspired by Baths' album 'Cerulean'; specifically the song Maximalist.
    Maximalist is defined as a person who holds extreme views and is not prepared to compromise. This is done on an 8x8 canvas with (really cheap) acrylic paints.

Spoiler!

Ironworks:
    This is my 3rd painting and was heavily inspiried by Baths' Obsidian album with primary inspiration from the song 'Ironworks'.
    Nothing too deep with this, I was high and painting with a friend

Spoiler!

Xanny Bar:
    This painting was based on an idea I had from a dream a few weeks prior to painting it. The song is from Porches' Slow Dance in the Cosmos album and I chose this song for the idea because of how relaxing the song is and my association with the song and an outside environment with it.

Spoiler!

The Rhyme Scheme:
    I had a quick idea for this one. Nothing else to say other than it was a mental visualization with heavy inspiration from Cursive's song 'The Rhyme Scheme' on The Storms Of Early Summer: Semantics of Song album.

Spoiler!

Pour Me:
    This painting was very impulse and was done with a short specific playlist of mine. The song that most represents this painting was 'Pour Me' by Rivergazer. I saw them live a week prior to this and fell in love with the band. 'Pour Me' is an acoustic styled song while their other songs are all experimental synth.

Spoiler!

Jane Cum:
    This painting was a complete accident. I was originally trying to create a base for 'Pour Me' and liked the initial black splotches and didn't want to alter it further. The song is by Japanese Breakfast on their album Pyschopomp. The song has a very heavy background with a simple and clear vocal on top. I believe the painting embodies that feeling well with it's chaotic design with only two opposite colors.

UNRELATED//

Spoiler!

UNTITLED:
    My friend wanted to contribute to my painting project for my wall and this was what she came up with.
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 10th October 2016 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

how do you decide on which colors to use for a painting
    viva la nagato yuki

what kind of brushes do you use

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    what kind of brushes do you use
    The cheapest options at the art store nearby. I usually use some thick bristle brushes but I will also use a paper towel to smear some of the paints.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesniac View Post
    how do you decide on which colors to use for a painting
    usually just grab whatever I think is fitting. I only bought primary colors so most of the time I just mix stuff until I get something nice.

Two new paintings added. Pretty low quality pics but IDC
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 11th July 2016 at 09:54 AM.

new painting but ill likely reupload a better quality image when I hang it. It was still p wet and I just took a pic when I finished it on the table.

new painting posted probably one of my favorites that I've done so far

2 new paintings. Almost hitting a project milestone and I'll take a proper pic with a proper camera of what it looks hung up. Each individual painting is supposed to be simple alone but when placed together it will really start to look nice.