Thread: j0n's paint dump

Threaded View

Default j0n's paint dump

Felt like painting so I paint. I have no experience and haven't taken an art class since 8th grade.

Music Series //
    Spoiler!

Stupor:
    This is my first painting (excluding one I did for a friend) in this little series. The name Stupor comes from a song on Baths' album 'Pop Music/False B-sides'.
    Stupor is also defined as a state of near-unconsciousness or insensibility. This is done on an 8x8 canvas with (really cheap) acrylic paints.

Spoiler!

Maximalist:
    Maximalist is my second painting of this series and is inspired by Baths' album 'Cerulean'; specifically the song Maximalist.
    Maximalist is defined as a person who holds extreme views and is not prepared to compromise. This is done on an 8x8 canvas with (really cheap) acrylic paints.

Spoiler!

Ironworks:
    This is my 3rd painting and was heavily inspiried by Baths' Obsidian album with primary inspiration from the song 'Ironworks'.
    Nothing too deep with this, I was high and painting with a friend

Spoiler!

Xanny Bar:
    This painting was based on an idea I had from a dream a few weeks prior to painting it. The song is from Porches' Slow Dance in the Cosmos album and I chose this song for the idea because of how relaxing the song is and my association with the song and an outside environment with it.

Spoiler!

The Rhyme Scheme:
    I had a quick idea for this one. Nothing else to say other than it was a mental visualization with heavy inspiration from Cursive's song 'The Rhyme Scheme' on The Storms Of Early Summer: Semantics of Song album.

Spoiler!

Pour Me:
    This painting was very impulse and was done with a short specific playlist of mine. The song that most represents this painting was 'Pour Me' by Rivergazer. I saw them live a week prior to this and fell in love with the band. 'Pour Me' is an acoustic styled song while their other songs are all experimental synth.

Spoiler!

Jane Cum:
    This painting was a complete accident. I was originally trying to create a base for 'Pour Me' and liked the initial black splotches and didn't want to alter it further. The song is by Japanese Breakfast on their album Pyschopomp. The song has a very heavy background with a simple and clear vocal on top. I believe the painting embodies that feeling well with it's chaotic design with only two opposite colors.

UNRELATED//

Spoiler!

UNTITLED:
    My friend wanted to contribute to my painting project for my wall and this was what she came up with.
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 10th October 2016 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.