Thread: What are some interesting things about money that only a few people know about?

Default What are some interesting things about money that only a few people know about?

What are some interesting things about money that only a few people know about?

The Israeli currency is called the Israeli Shekel (technically, New Israeli Shekel, but the name will revert back to just a Shekel in coming years). Shekel has been used as currency in the land (leaving politics aside...) since the days of the Abraham / book of Genesis. (Abraham bought Cave of Machpelah with Shekels. I think it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by freestown7 View Post
    What are some interesting things about money that only a few people know about?
    Well, I would rather share an article about some fun fact about money https://debtquest.com/13-fun-facts-a...-surprise-you/ gathered together. Personally I had no idea that the world-famous dollar sign ($) existed even before the advent of the American currency and the United States money in general. Initially, it was used to designate Mexican pesos that were widely circulated in the United States before the country started minting its coins. So, go ahead and get some fun