Thread: What is the most economical and functional VPN service that works on MacBooks

Default What is the most economical and functional VPN service that works on MacBooks

What is the most economical and functional VPN service that works on MacBooks, Android, and Windows?

The most economical and functional VPN service that works on MacBooks, Android, and Windows?

Try NordVPN Today!
    https://nordvpn.com/download/

You can try to use Plexvpn. I mainly use it on my PC and mobile phone. It doesn't limit traffic and is easy to use,and supports for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Ubuntu devices.I think it is relatively cheaper in terms of price.You can download this vpn in the Apple Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy67 View Post
    What is the most economical and functional VPN service that works on MacBooks, Android, and Windows?
    Well, there are so many options nowadays that obviously you can choose any. As for me usually I use this vpn for android. You see, it will definitely protect your privacy and hide your IP address. I have been using it for a year already and should say it works pretty well for me and my family. Moreover it is pretty handy and full of different options. Hope it can help

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBorn View Post
    Well, there are so many options nowadays that obviously you can choose any. As for me usually I use this vpn for android. You see, it will definitely protect your privacy and hide your IP address. I have been using it for a year already and should say it works pretty well for me and my family. Moreover it is pretty handy and full of different options. Hope it can help
    Personally, I think NordVPN is better.

My results show that NordVPN really is the fastest vendor out there, knocking off competitors like ExpressVPN from the top spot. When I connected to local and US servers, my speed increased by as much as 9%, which improved the quality of my streaming and browsing considerably. Even when I connected to a server in New Zealand, on the other side of the world, my download speed stayed quick and steady, regardless of the speed loss. However, the difference in speed when I connected to a server in Vietnam was significant. This is likely due to the distance of the server from my location, though, rather than a reflection of NordVPN’s server speeds. The further your data has to travel, the more speed loss you’ll experience. If you want reliable, fast connections anywhere in the world, even over thousands of miles, NordVPN is a top contender.

Speed tests are one thing, but how well does NordVPN fare with a high-demand activity like gaming? If you’re a gamer like me, you know that excessive buffering and lagging is not only annoying, but it can make you lose the whole game. If you rely on speed tests alone to choose your VPN, you’ll never know how well it’ll hold up against your favorite game—it’s the true speed test for any VPN. So I put NordVPN to the test on Fortnite, which we all know is a super-fast battle game that doesn’t leave any room for slow speeds. I first connected to a US server. I ran a speed test while gaming, and the results speak for themselves. My speeds stayed steady, and while my ping significantly increased, I didn’t notice any lagging while I was playing online.

Private and secure browsing is NordVPN’s forté. But then again, it should be at the top of every vendor’s list, because VPNs are supposed to keep you safe online. I tested every aspect of NordVPN’s security features, looking closely at its encryption levels, kill switch, and leak protection. NordVPN uses AES 256-bit encryption algorithm to hide your data, which is the most secure encryption available. It’s so secure that it’s even used by some government agencies to hide top-secret files. 256 refers to the size of the encryption key and the number of possible codes someone would need to try to break it. Rest assured, there’s almost an infinite possible number of codes with this level of encryption. No one is getting their hands on your data. The 256-bit AES encryption is combined with a 2048-bit DH key, SHA2-384 authentication, and perfect forward secrecy. Basically, this is the cipher used to encrypt and decrypt your data. The authentication is particularly important, as this is what checks whether your data packets have successfully arrived at the correct server. It makes sure they haven’t been intercepted by a hacker trying to re-route them to another server. Perfect forward secrecy, or PFS, assigns you a new key each time you log on to NordVPN, so essentially, it’s like you’re a new user each time. This means any data or activity from your previous session is completely wiped and unrelated to your next. It also means that if your connection is compromised, there’s nothing there to expose you—no personal data, no internet activity. NordVPN uses two types of security protocols, both of which are my top choices: OpenVPN UDP/TCP and IKEv2/IPSec. OpenVPN UDP is the most secure protocol available, and it’s the default option for the majority of NordVPN’s apps. You can choose other protocols, though, depending on your needs. However, it also depends on your device type. NordVPN uses IKEv2/IPSec as the default option for macOS and iOS devices, with the option to change to OpenVPN. Android and Windows users have OpenVPN only. To find out why, I spoke to their customer support team who told me that NordVPN simply provides greater choice for iOS users, which is a slight disappointment. Security protocols can be confusing, even for advanced users.

NordVPN doesn’t have split tunneling for desktop, but you can use the browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox to do something similar. If you download these addons, only your browser traffic is encrypted. Apps outside your browser still use your local IP address, which is exactly how split tunneling works. On mobile, things are different. NordVPN offers a specific split tunneling feature for mobile. Its default setting is to route all your apps through the VPN, but you can easily change it. Simply add apps to your Trusted Apps list so these are routed through your VPN and assigned a foreign IP.

Simply put, the best value for your money

NordVPN won our Best VPN Award for the second time this year. This should tell you enough about the quality of this service. But just in case it doesn’t, here are the facts: NordVPN is fast and super secure, it can unblock almost anything on the internet, it has servers all over the world, and it’s very reasonably priced.

There are literally so many options nowadays and they all are getting absurdly cheaper. I'd choose nordvpn though.

Jr. Necki

Hello. Every VPN provider prioritizes something different. This can be speed, quality and reliability of encryption, user anonymity, and location so you need to make sure your priorities match. It was important for me that the proxy locations was as wide as possible, since I was looking for the best Afghanistan vpn client. Not every VPN provider will be able to satisfy the proxy from this location.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy67 View Post
    Recently, I saw my Friend was using Anonytun VPN with their two devices; PC and Android Phone. And it was working all the perfectly with a faster internet service.