Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia.

Default Euthanasia.

Discuss, or split into two factions and begin a debate.

I for one, accept it - so long as the patient/family wants it and is sound of mind.

Did i mention i'm writing a story on this very subject right now called 'My Salvation In A Syringe'? Fictional, of course.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

did this suddenly come to you after watching the new house episode

No. Haven't watched House for a looong time.
    No idiots plx
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.

I'm against Euthanasia.
    Someone suffering is no excuse for committing murder.
    Hard, simple and it's the truth.

Hmm. Unexpected.
    I would commit that murder so long as the person is mentally sound and is with something fatal and painful.

Murder is a crime.
    Crime is a word.
    Crime is 'evil'.
    Evil is created by us.
    We created it as a crime.
    It is acceptable to think that it is not a crime in this instance.
    We use words. We use teachings people may have errored in their thinking.
    And legality issue is solved with this:
    "Harming any person's right to anything is a crime."
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

A Crusader's Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    I'm against Euthanasia.
    Someone suffering is no excuse for committing murder.
    Hard, simple and it's the truth.
    I'd give the option to the patient.

Have you ever seen someone dying right in front of your eyes? My grandfather had prostate cancer, and everytime I visited him he was suffering more. Chemotherapy and the cancer were killing him a little bit more every day, you could see the distant look in his face.

We hold back from Euthanasia because people think that somehow the patient will make a recovery, but it doesnt always work like that.

There is, of course, an easier way to do this.

Flee the hospital and jump infront of a bus.

/end.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Speaking simply in "legal" terms for my country...
    Let's go with the most cliche and 'important' phrase used in our government. "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

If a person has a right to life, they have a right to how their life plays out, so long as it does not interfere with others' rights. If that person chooses to make their life shorter, and they are of a sane mind (as determined by multiple professional psychiatrists), they should be allowed that right.

Now, looking at liberty.
    At the time this phrase was written, the term liberty was very different from what we now know. It did not hold the anarchistic meaning we often hold in modern times. It meant everyone* had a say in government, be it direct or indirect. Because the ill are the ones this law would most directly affect, they should at least be given a larger say in their personal situations. Even if it is through the broken legal system, a person should have some say in a matter like this.

Finally, "pursuit of happiness". This is by far the most twisted phrase used by politicians and idiots screaming at town hall meetings. Again, 'happiness' did not mean then what it means now. Happiness literally meant "to act appropriatly." It did not mean pleasure.
    Lying in a bed suffering is obviously not dignified or pleasurable. It may sound harsh, but there is a reason we say "put to rest". There is no way we as living beings can know what real death feels like, but the outward appearance is normally calm, especially when a person is given time to come to terms with the death. "Pursuit of happiness" should give the person the right to decide what is most appropriate for the situation. Again, they would have to be of a sound mind.

Spoiler!

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by CountessZero View Post
    There is, of course, an easier way to do this.

Flee the hospital and jump infront of a bus.

/end.
    And then the bus driver has to live his or her life dealing with having killed someone.

Then jump off a high building or into a river, if you really want to die that badly. God, if you really want to die you honestly think you'd take other people's feelings into consideration?

Euthanasia is stupid, if people want to die, they'll find a way, legal or not. People who say they're in favour of it and would choose it for themselves are either afraid to live through the pain of an illness or too chicken to kill themselves. And besides, there's assisted suicide clinics in Switzerland, you go there, you pay your money then you drink a mix of barbituates and bam, you're dead. That's legal but it counts as suicide because you voluntarily drunk the drink.

Me, I'd personally rather just suffer and die naturally.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.