Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with anxiety or loneliness?

Default How do you deal with anxiety or loneliness?

Most of us here play different games or spending all day playing Maplestory to keep us sane during this pandemic, but unfortunately, not all can say the same thing, especially to those who will be celebrating Christmas alone because of certain reasons that keep our family in total isolation. If you're the latter, what else is there to do that's keeping yourselves away from anxiety or loneliness?

Hello, just bumping this up...

Hi all,

I've bumped on this article in hope of finding some thoughts for my loneliness right now as there’s no one who tried to leave their thoughts here and still I see views on this post. So I thought I'll just share my findings here, feel free to read this at your convenience. https://www.topuniversities.com/stud...ess-university

Merry Christmas!

I've had some bouts of anxiety, even losing a job over it. At that time, I ended up going to a psychologist and getting some ****s to help me get out of it. Since then, I've learned to identify the symptoms much earlier before I start to spiral down the hole of hopelessness.

My form of anxiety tends to take the form that in a task I don't really want to do, every tiny speedbump seems like a mountain. So I procrastinate the task, feel guilty about it, and then spiral into a state where I can't accomplish anything. When I do see this happening, I've found that the best approach is to acknowledge it, point out to myself that there isn't anyone else who is going to do this task, and I visualize the time when this task is complete and how much better that will feel.

Thank you for your suggestion. A friend suggests me to search for breathing exercises online and I found one that helps. Also, she told me that I should listen to delta waves on youtube and that it will ease my mind. Somehow both worked. Another thing that I'm so happy about was my Mom asked me to do facetime with them on Christmas eve, and I had fun! I've prepared enough food for Christmas and with a bottle of wine, I've enjoyed celebrating my Christmas on facetime with my parents and some relatives! :D

Nice to hear it, man. How are you doing now? It's almost the end of the year, I hope you can celebrate with your parents again even just in face time on this important day! :)

I really appreciate your concern, I do managed to have fun this New Year's eve! My whole night was facetiming with my parents while celebrating the New Year on my friend's place. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or friends.

I don't know
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

I'm no expert, but trying to connect with others is probably the way to go, despite the inability to do so physically, which understandably gnaws at one's mental health, due to the whole social animal thing. You can also try to meditate and try not to let your emotions overwhelm you. Nothing is permanent, pain is not permanent, being down is not permanent. Challenges always makes us a better/wiser person after the storm has passed.

Thank you for the advice Gamingoo. I've realized now that sometimes, one of the benefits of thinking of others is that it stops us from thinking too much about ourselves.